Thread: Road Trip Advice

Road Trip Advice

It looks like I will be traveling down to the phily area from New England in a few weeks for business. I don't have the nerve to fly enfemme but would like to try a road trip.

My concern is checking into the hotel enfemme, with my make ID. I am guessing this isn't a big deal big I am a little concerned.

I was wondering of there are any girls who have made road trips and if you can offer any tips, advice or support?

I enclosed a picture so you can see how I look while out
    Attached Images Attached Images

you look absolutely lovely and would pass anywhere ,go and enjoy yourself, you are a very smart lady.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

You look great and if the check in person says anything.....just say your Mom had a sense of humor. No need to explain any thing. Just make light of what anyone says and not worry. Say....Mom wanted a girl, but got me. They have a job to do and that is to supply a room to whoever comes in.

You look great like always Paula - i doubt you will have problems at check (you could call ahead and ask)

Great look! Maybe say the minimum, be nice, and just be yourself.

I see no problem what so ever with your appearance, just another woman traveling thru on business. Please use only established hotels, not some road side motel. When getting gas if driving use full serve when possible, it may cost more but no chance of getting gas smell on your clothes. Keep your head up and smile, you are who you are and bask in that knowledge. I've had to use my I.D. many times while en femme and if I was questioned or saw a quizzical look I would just come up with some kind of remark such as "a lot has changed since that photo". Enjoy yourself but please take care.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I've checked into hotels en femme with my male ID, and it was a complete non-issue. If you're worried, you can pre-pay your hotel through Hotels.com. The chance of being refused service is very small, but the chance of them giving you your money back to get rid of you is essentially zero.

Paula, I've made many road trips and never had a problem with checking into hotels using male ID. I think your presentation is wonderful. No one is going to treat you any different than they would treat any well-dressed business woman. Make your trip and have some fun.
    Phoebe

My wife and I did a week long vacation a few years ago "girls only" and we had absolutely no issues. We went from NJ to Maine and back staying in all kinds of establishments. Not one incident the entire time. I just gave my credit card (femme name) and if they asked for ID presented my Driver's License.
    Go have fun, you look great.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Paula,
    With your demeanour and bearing I see no problem with a lovely lady like you traveling by road.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My wife and I traveled last summer and I spent several days en femme. At the end of the day I would walk into the next hotel and hand them my credit card and ID. Never had anyone even blink. They just wanted to know if things matched, not who was handing them.

HI Paula it's good to see your smiling face I have made several trips up the west coast and even been stopped by the CHP for driving to little to fast never had a problem happy new year

Susie

I haven't seen a hotel yet that will turn away a potential customer for the way he or she dresses
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Aspiring Member
    I've used motels hundreds of times in my line of work and always checked in dressed. Never had a problem you look fabulous so I see no problem what so ever. Enjoy your trip.

Hi Paula,

Lots of good advice here and I agree, no worries. We've driven back and forth between DC and Florida a number of times as two women and I've never had a problem. Do take Allisa's advice and try to stay in established chains -- in addition to any safety concerns, they'll treat you better (and you can treat yourself ). I've never had a problem checking in with my driver's license ... although once I was asked if I was using my husband's driver's license and credit card .

Enjoy the trip!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Paula,
    Dressing as smartly and elegantly as you do, the hotel should pay you to stay

Hon, walk up to the counter as if you owned the hotel. Clerks don't care anyway as long as your ID matches your credit card -they only need to make sure someone (male, female or martian) will pay for the room. No need to speak if you're not comfy but if you feel like it chat all you want -I like making small talk with everybody when en femme.

You will have no worries. You always present very well, you will be fine!!! As everyone has said, the clerks don't care!!
    Please call me Lisa!

The line I usually use when asked for ID is, "Your gonna have fun with this". They always tell me, "It's not a problem". So go, and have fun.
    My Youtube channel: Maxine CD,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsH...XBIjeAtbhe1uFw
    Follow me on twitter @MaxineCD1

A friend of mine (working in hotels around the globe all his life and a director of one in Germany now) once said it very politely.. he'd rather have 'strange' guests then 'normal' ones.
    In general they are more polite, tip better, leave the rooms in good condition and don't bother other guests.

Worst hated are drunk people, or at least the ones that didn't ring up a large bill at the hotel bar

x Tara

ps, very nice photo

I've traveled in Texas fem and no problems with motels, hotels or any restaurants or fuel station. I dd it with my male id and no problems and no funny stares.
    Part Time Girl

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    be sure to hit the "gaybourhood" too when your in philly ....lots of fun places there xoxo

I just finished a road trip through Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. I drove dressed and checked into motels as a femme with my male ID. I had no problems though a few lingering looks.
    I thought the comment about 'strange guests" being better than normal ones an interesting one. I am always very tidy in my room and I always take care to leave the room tidy when I leave. I hang used towels over the shower rail and make sure that there is no extra work for the maid. I don't know if that is part of being a cross dresser or just the good manners I was brought up with. I hate it when people treat waitresses or maids as if they were their servants who could be abused or mistreated at will. They have tough jobs and we should make their life as easy as possible.

Hi Paula, you look great! I don't think you will have any problems. Just be confident , be yourself. Lots of great advice in the thread I won't repeat it. I have done a few road trips across the Midwest en femme. No problems. I am always a bit nervous anyway - probably good so I am on my toes .
    I do have a couple of stories prepped in case someone asks or makes a deal out of things. I know I should not need to and have not had problems anyway but they give me a bit of confidence and that confidence is why it goes smoothly. My stories: One - If you want, I can take off my wig and wipe off the makeup if you need to see the ID match, this is me! ; the second is a bit chicken but have in case I sense the person there is really uncomfortable - yea , I know not my problem but I'm not trying to mess with them either; it goes - I'm meeting friends for a costume mystery party.
    Oh, and I always have reservation in advance at national chains. No local dive motels!
    Have fun on the trip!!!

I'm sure you'll do just fine, I haven't done it myself but I feel like it wouldn't be a big deal. If you do get pull over I feel like that would be an awkward experience.
    You have to be odd to be number one. ~ Dr. Seuss