Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making the Best of Winter Storms

Making the Best of Winter Storms

Seeing as how it is pretty impractical to go out in this ridiculous weather, the opportunity has presented itself to stay home and not have to change into drab for a few days at least. Something which indeed is a lot of fun and not often accomplished. And...that is exactly the game plan.

Oh, I don't know, I once wore a skater skirt tights and top and learned to skate in San Francisco one year.

Get out and enjoy it!!!!

Just kidding, it is a little too cold and dangerous at the moment and a nice warm house looks very inviting.

I am sure you won't get too many itinerant visitors. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Arial,

You are doing exactly what I would do if I was snowed in. We lucked out 40 miles south of us got the snow. Just a few flakes here. If we got the snow like you are getting I would have stayed dressed to go out and run the snowblower. I have other times when we lived up north. I feel for you. Watching the snow on the weather channel right now.

In that kind of catastrophic snow, maybe keep an eye out for lost pets, and lost people, who might need to come in to your place, and warm up, or have something hot to drink or eat. That is no normal snow fall.

^Alice if anybody can get to my place they'll be treated well, but I don't think we'll be seeing any visitors today. I don;t think the National Guard could even make an inroad on out driveway atm,
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Well I'm glad you are getting it...up here in Maine we dodged it so glad, I'm not a wi nter girl at all. Unfortunately I'm working today ...and justthinking about dressing up and doing a photo shoot.mmmm

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Remember this, Arial. Once the storms abate and the sun comes out? You'll have the opportunity to take some deliteful girly pics with some of the most beautiful and amazing scenery in the background ever!

59623.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    We had our big snow storm of the season right after Christmas. My hillside driveway still has snow covered/icy patches. Likely snow will remain in shady areas until April!

Living here at 7000 feet in the foothills, I do get more winter than the nearby mile high city. Nope, not a desert here.

Stay safe everyone.

Dressed this morning and watched it snow. Hoody, jeans, boots, forms & bra.

I enjoyed a nice cup of coffee.

Now the sun is out here in NC. 36 degs. The Mid-Atlantic girls are getting it now
    Last edited by Andrea Renea; 01-23-2016 at 07:17 PM.

Out shoveling with lingerie under my snow suit if the neibors only knew

We have the air con over here Has been really warm

Disclaimer: I hope everyone is safe and warm. Those that aren't I pray they get help soon.

With that said, I love severe weather! Always have. Maybe it's the challenges that come with it, perhaps the drastic change from the dull day to day goings on or the fact it brings people together (even if fro a short time)
    Most likely it's all those aspects.
    We had a nice blizzard last year on superbowl Sunday of all days! Had a house full of people invited most made it (except my firemen friends) Turned into a beautiful cozy time!
    There is beautity in EVERYTHING if you look!
    Again, stay safe and warm!
    Kim
    I never chose to dress as a woman, dressing as a woman chose me

I was out shoveling wearing a bra and cable knit tights under my clothing. They helped keep me warm. If my neighbors and friends who were also doing the same only knew. It sure is amazing how much a bra keeps one warm.

Lilly, Ever wonder how many of your neighbors and friends are thinking and doing the same thing?

I'm just wearing light make up, Ladies pullover and tan pantyhose, cup of coffee, makes for a great day for this girl; ))

Shy Kim, Also in Ilinois near Rockford. I agree with your sentiments. Storms break the boredom, sometimes a bit too much! LOL

Platinum Member
    Hi Arial, I am going out a few times today and clearing a spot for the dog to do her thing.

It's Saturday evening and we have almost 20 inches
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Been housebound all yesterday and all today here in the Triad area of NC. Just too dangerous to try to get out. Only got out of my pjs to take a shower.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    Close to 3' here in PA. My ladies cold weather running top kept me warm and dry. Neck pulls up to cover my face, and the thumb holes in the sleeves are awesome! Sleeves don't roll when putting on a coat, plus they add warmth to hands. My outer shirt was soaked, as the running top wicked all the sweat away. Leggings under my pants also helped. I'll be back at it tomorrow!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

We have about 20" here in Arlington and I spent the day warm and cuddly watching the snow in our condo aerie, but today Claire will be a snow bunny! Yes, after a stressful week at work it's Claire all weekend. Hope everyone else is safe, sound and warm!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Michelle I never thought of that. But, if they are I would sure like to know.

Got about 30 inches in NoVa. But the plow hasn't been down my street for 2 days. There's almost 2 feet of unplowed snow in the street.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Got 14 inches here in Ky that one day but nothing since.
    Had a two foot drift in my drive way but I just put it in 4WD and plowed thru it to get out.
    I have a huge snow boobie on top of my SUV but I will knock that off tomorrow.
    I cleared a path out the back door after round one of the snow to uncover my heat pump.The snow had drifted up most of the thing so I had to clear out around it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Read only
    You easterners got all the luck. I haven't seen any snow for several years. Former New Yorker willing to trade rain for snow. After the winds die down I'd love to don boots and a sweater dress and take a stroll. I use to love the fresh fallen snow that glistened in the moonlight before humans stomped on it and dogs peed on it.

Couple feet of snow here... We had our friend Keren here for the weekend, planning on being snowed in so she could take a lot of photos and I could model a lot of girly clothes. So for moving snow all I had to do was climb into my thrift-shop down- filled bunny suit, what you would wear if you were a heavy equipment operator in the winter, over my current outfit. Then the snow thrower ate the doormat, I had to chip it out piece by piece with pliers and sharp knives, but hey. Now I know. Dressing pretty while moving snow doesn't grant immunity from clouds of foul language.