Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pink Fog

Pink Fog

Hi I find as I get older the pink fog has increased.Its not just the lingerie but all types of outer wear, skirts,tops and any type of feminine garment. I now have more woman`s clothes than my wife.

Yes, I hear you. My wardrobe has grown and the only way I could find room was to take a lot of men's clothes to the local thrift. My closet is now I think 70:30 en femme and my dresser drawers are more like 90:10

My wife is worried that I will be looking for room in her closets.....

So much to buy and so little time...

I get some daily email feeds for shopping sites like Zulilly. I have had to start deleting without looking or I get "trapped" in shopping mode for a while and seem to end up buying something. Self control is a b**ch.

Yes, same for me... as I have gotten older the pink frog has grown... I too had more shoes/clothes than my wife when I decided to purge stuff that didn't fit, wasn't practical or out of style...

I go by a new rule now... I limit the number of outfits I have so if I want something new, something old has to go. It has helped a ton! I also try to by practical things (though I do like the occasional sexy thing )

I don't think I get caught in a pink fog anymore, if I see some clothes I like I just go for it if I can. I don't need a strong urge or fog to express myself anymore, I never really completely leave my femme self behind.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I also started with just lingerie, but have increased my wardrobe with dresses, pants and shirts.
    My wife has more women's clothing than me, but I have a 10times as much lingerie than she does.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Unhappy It's NOT our fault! Blame women's fashions!

There r so many different combos of women's clothing available already.

Then, they keep changing what's is fashion every year! Add to that; looks from movies, TV, mags, and finally vintage to cap it off!

It's no wonder I have a semi full of ladies things! Fortunately? We have a local T "Clothing swap" this Sunday! I will be unloading A LOT!

And, what's left at the end of the day goes to good T causes!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 01-22-2016 at 05:26 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I can relate to having way too much clothing and lingerie. I have been collecting slips and nightgowns mostly from thrift stores for the last 30 years and have quite a collection. I also have way too many dresses,skirts and tops. I get the pink fog and go clearance rack shopping. I need to go through a lot of it and re-donate it back to the thrift store. Some of the skirts are too large since I have lost weight.

Is it our age that makes us feel this way, age alone, or just the amount of time we have had to accept ourselves? My wife did make a comment not all that long ago that she sees more of my femininity, and sees that I am more comfortable within myself as I am coming to accept myself more.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I totally agree with you Kimberly, the pink fog really does hit a girl the older she gets. And I have a walk in closet that is full too, and I love it!
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

I am of the slightly older crowd as well. When I was CDing in my 20's I was fine with some undergarments, stockings, garter belts, and shoes. That was all I dressed in. Then after I started a family I took a hiatus for about 12 years. Now in my mid-late 40's I have caught the pink fog more than ever. Now I am accumulating everything. In addition to the aforementioned, I am now collecting dresses, skirts, blouses, jewelry of all types, and more makeup than I would have ever imagined. So I would agree. As I have gotten older my desire for all things Fem has increased.

Silver Member
    I don't think that I could ever have more clothes than my wife. I have more lingerie than she does. Years ago a lady told me that I had more than any woman would need. She was astounded. I've collected more since then. As for clothes I have more than I tend to wear. As I get older shorts and tops are the typical wear. When I was young I had a lot of dresses, skirts, and blouses. I worked for a department store and got great discounts and several women's stores gave me discounts too since I could reciprocate.

Yes I believe that some times acceptance is mistaken for the omnipresent "Pink Fog", and as we age and mature our feminine selves emerge in many ways, the acquiring of femme attire in volume is one way as we reach out to express ourselves. It is a wonderful journey we are on for the lucky males who can delve into their own feminine self.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I think that goes for a lot of us Kimberley.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

As I've gotten older I too think my pink fog has increased. I sometimes wonder if it is because our lives change, the kid is older, we are more secure financially, and I have more time. Ten years ago I could look at new clothes but I had to watch what I bought because of other expenses. Same thing with having kids, I didn't have a lot of time for either me or me and the wife, our time usually revolved around the kids activities. Now things are a little more relaxed.
    Last edited by Jenn_8B; 01-23-2016 at 09:24 PM.

Silver Member
    I think Jenn88 is right on.
    At my 80 y/o age, The Pink Fog has become indelible and covers me every time I go out , always in drab. I really have to resist the urges to buy pretties.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Why r u "resisting", Jenny? You're 80 now. When and what r u waiting for? Old age?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

For me, the increase in my CDing has been a result of a few things. I'm not sure I really understand the meaning of the term "pink fog" so forgive me. I do think it's due to the fact that I don't have to hide who I am anymore. I have an accepting and even encouraging SO and that has been a Godsend. That means I don't have to hide my feelings or my pretty things. They hang in our shared closet next to her things. No more hiding in a cardboard box in the basement! I have also found a local social group for crossdressers and that's helped as well. But I also wonder if it's a decrease in testosterone levels due to age? Another factor, as noted when I'm browsing the women's racks at a store is, I don't care very much anymore if someone sees me with a dress over my arm. I'm tired of hiding I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by kimberly c View Post
    I now have more woman`s clothes than my wife.
    I think to some degree, a lot of us embrace what we feel is a very feminine past time, that is, shopping. And as we've watched women over the years buying so many clothes, we just feel it's the feminine thing to do. So we indulge ourselves, getting the enjoyment of accumulating stuff and thinking we feel like a woman at the same time. Ahhh, the pink fog gets thick, doesn't it. sometimes it's almost as if there's a pink fog machine running nearby.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I have so many items of fem now. And a bra and booby fetish doesn't help.
    I use bras for decoration around my wing of the house.
    Scandalous!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I have always had a problem with the pink fog and as i have gotten older it has increased although i can seem to control it a little bit more
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

The pink fog has been so thick this winter I can barely find my way home.
    It is a combination of age, accepting SO and more free time. Love it !

I'm inclined to believe the pink fog gets thicker with acceptance (by both oneself and a s/o) rather than age. Then again, retirement can often afford us more time to enjoy ourselves.

Karen

Echoing some of the other comments above - I can say that the "pink fog" has increased for me as well as I've grown older. I still have trouble walking away from cute lingerie, but more of my shopping these days is about buying pieces to put sensible outfits together and it is far more frequent. Most of the change for me is due, as I've mention in a previous post, to losing somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 pounds after a health wake-up call last year. Being smaller means that I'm no longer relegated to shopping at Avenue or Lane Bryant to find things that fit. Now, I can easily shop at Kohl's, Macy's, JC Penney, Sears, etc. The greater selection has definitely thickened the fog. As I've replaced my male and female wardrobe, I've made a choice to buy feminine things to replace guy things when possible. For example all of my exercise clothing, except my sneakers (I have big feet) are from the women's section, my around the house pants are either yoga pants or ladies lounge pants - although only in black, and I now wear panties every day. I really don't worry about what people think when I shop; however, I avoid shopping in my neighborhood. Other than driving the folks at the Champion outlet a little nuts as they always seem to make a point of mentioning a couple of times that I'm in the ladies section , I can't think of a case in the last 6 months where a sales associate hasn't been helpful even when I'm trying on tall boots and pumps - of course size 12.5M would be a welcomed addition to their size selection.
    Warmest regards,
    Pamela

I think it definitely increases - especially as it changes from lingerie just at home or underdressed... to full outfits and stepping out to the mall once in a while. It just keeps ramping up! Then shopping en femme, very temping to try on and buy outfits. "Pink fog" is my code word to myself to keep in check and stay in budget! I'll buy a few things and try to stay to the list of needs, otherwise its window shopping. I do have more makeup than my SO Makeup is my weakness right now. I go in for tips and can't resist getting a product or the look.