Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purse survival kit - Need advice

Purse survival kit - Need advice

What do you put in your purse when you go out?

Certainly I have a much better understanding now as to why women seem to rummage around in their purses before finding anything, and the mystery of all that clinking and clacking in there is better understood. But I always have to think and rethink about what is in my purse before I leave the house.

For those of you that go out dressed, are there certain essentials that you just have to have in your purse?

Recently Ive been going out with credit card and id in pocket no purse no cell phone no nothing. If I dont have pockets I will put wallet and cell phone in purse. Not sure what else goes in there tbh.

Now: lipstick, powder, hotel key, credit card, debit card, id, cell phone, $100 cash, insurance card, reading glasses.

Before: I used to also carry a boy bag, that I would leave in the car. Pants, tshirt, shoes, makeup remover wipes, acetone. Never had to use it. Closest time was when my hotel key did not work. I decides that facing the desk clerk dressed was the easiest option and it was a non issue.

Banned Read only
    I used to carry like everything (16 nail files, 5 bottles of nail polish, two hockey sticks, skates, oh yah, and my signature cinder block - in case I encountered resistance 😉 ). I've toned it down a lot now though when I go out full femme, just a bottle of water, phone, keys, powder and lipstick...now just need to figure out what to do with ALL that left over space 😅
    Last edited by Robin414; 01-24-2016 at 10:35 PM.

Mostly I carry a wallet. One of those zip up ones that also holds the phone. My credit cards and business cards are in it as well as my drivers license, also lipstick. I also have a credit card knife. It is kind of useful for anything one needs it for. If I take my purse that goes in it and it also has a compact powder and more lipstick.
    Part Time Girl

ID, cash, a couple of credit cards and a spare key for my car, all in a small pass case or wallet, which at worst I can tuck between my breasts or inside my clothes if I have to leave my purse in the car. Having that 'bare minimum' at the ready has proven useful at a dance when purses were not allowed in the ballroom.

Also usually in my small purse, for a night at a nightclub or bar: Cell phone, key ring with car keys and house/apartment key, a small mirror compact, a nail file, a lipstick matching what I am wearing, a lipstick brush, maybe a lip liner pencil, a small perfume atomizer containing the perfume I am wearing, and a packet of antacids.

If shopping, or if out for a better part of the day, I'll carry a larger purse, with all of the above plus: A disposable razor and small selection of makeup to repair my makeup if it gets mussed up, or to deal with beard shadow after a long day out and about; change purse with coins for parking meters; a packet of blotter pads, for blotting my face to remove sweat without messing up makeup; Kleenex/face tissues; a small folding hand fan; shopping coupons; and maybe a couple of folding cloth shopping bags that roll up to the size of a tennis ball. Sometimes a small pocket knife as well. Sometimes a compact folding umbrella, if the weather is threatening.

In my car I often also keep a spare pair of comfortable sneakers, in case the heels or boots I am wearing make my feet too sore.
    Last edited by Ceera; 01-25-2016 at 11:41 AM.

Banned Read only
    Krissy,
    This a god question and one I had to think through before my first social meeting.
    I bought two handbags from a charity shop, different sizes trying to think about and what would go in them. I forgot about a purse so had to use my male wallet, I also took the precaution of a spare pair of stockings. Other then that I had a hair brush, lipstick, phone, male glasses ( must do something about those ),car keys, pack of tissues , a small makeup mirror and a small perfume atomiser.
    It did feel strange having never been out before and having to take care of a handbag, it does give you something to do with your hands as you've not got any pockets

Wallet and keys, plus make-up repair items, brush, comb, nail clippers, clear nail polish (hose repair), emery board, hair spray, swiss army cyber tool, flash drives, cell phone

Banned Spammer

Exclamation

Acetone Nail polish remover,nail file and buffer,vaseline,baby oil,paper towels,baby wipes,goo gone adhesive remover,male sweats,male tshirt,male tennis shoes,black plastic bags,large mirror and $$$.
    Last edited by reinasblack; 01-25-2016 at 03:19 AM.

I carry a certain item that must go nameless...in fact i bought a purse with a speshul built in pocket to safely carry said nameless item..no way i am going to be a victim or another statistic...you must train diligently to apply makeup flawlessly and so must you train with unmentionable said item

Girl wallet with debit card , around $100 cash, powder,lipstick, keys and cell phone..all in a nice cross body purse.

Besides makeup of course, there is tissues, flash light, note pad and pen, mirror, brush, comb, mints and various other odds and ends.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Although I have 7 hand bags to go with different outfits, I do have a favourite 'everyday hand bag' that I always use.

As I was interested to see just what a hoarder I have become, I actually had to go and check out my hand bag to see what I am carrying with me. I found my purse with money/cards, red lipstick – two different tones, perfume, nail file, band aids, small pair of scissors, small make-up kit, small packet of tissues, mobile phone, car key, house key, spare glasses, a small bottle of lubricant, small slim camera and a thousand shopping receipts – ok it wasn’t thousand but there were a lot.
    Last edited by Emily W; 01-25-2016 at 07:16 AM. Reason: spelt two instead of to
    Emily

does anyone find their purses keep needing to be larger as time goes on? (purse = "handbag" in English; our "purses" are "female wallets" - unless you have another world for that).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Yes Pamela the handbag has gotten bigger over time (it can be smaller for vacation but needs to be larger when I go work)

When I only carried a purse when I went out (dressed) I always found myself looking for "purse filler". I'd put all kinds of things in there just so it wouldn't be empty except for my wallet and keys. Other than lipstick and occasionally foundation, none of it was necessary.

I've now carried a purse every day for a few years. Not a man bag! A purse! Over time, what I carry has grown without thinking about it. Besides a little makeup, for the most part it's a lot of thing I used to carry in the console of my car.

I used to struggle with the purse thing back when I carried one infrequently. I really only carried one because that's what women do. I never felt comfortable with how to carry it, much less what to put in it. I think my discomfort with it showed. I'm sure it looked a bit forced. Now that I carry one all the time I don't have to think about it, and it looks like something I'm used to doing. Much more natural.

It's totally ridiculous how much it's come to mean to me to simply pick up my purse and head out the door every day. It's just an object, but it's become such a thing for me. At first, carrying it everywhere (except work) every day was something I had to kinda force myself to do, but I didn't let myself chicken out. I had a lot of hesitation carrying it in to the Dr's office or Home Depot, but I made myself do it. It's never been a problem. I'm certain that I get talked about, but I also get LOTS of compliments. I'm glad I challenged myself to carry one every day. It's a good pacifier between dressing.

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Something you might all over look which can be very helpful for endearing reasons.. Put a couple of pads and tampons in and be ready to rescue a gg in need. Be a good citizen in the washroom. Instant friends can be made.

Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

POUR MOI
    nail file, lipstick and other small bottles in the makeup bag, wallet, keys, cell phone, sun glasses, hair brush

Thanks for the replies. This is starting to sound like my backpack when I go hunting/camping! So I did go to the store yesterday and buy a bigger purse as well as a women's wallet to replace my men's billfold. That can get expensive! So now I am off to start filling my purse with all the essentials. Fun!

There is no point in carrying stuff round just for the sake of it. I just have keys mobile phone hairbrush tissues small makeup bag with choice items and purse with money and credit and debit cards. The cards are the only reference to being male but thats life. If the bag is too heavy you'll get sick of carrying it but if it is too light it won't hang properly on your shoulder

Mirror.
    Hair brush.
    Three lipsticks.
    Two cream foundations.
    Two setting powders.
    Two concealers.
    Mascara.
    Gel and pencil eyeliner.
    Lash curler.
    Fake nails.
    Fake lashes.
    Eye shadows.
    Makeup cleanser.
    Cotton balls.
    A few brushes. (I never find the one I'm looking for)
    KY jelly. (don't ask)
    Rubbers. (ditto)
    Wallet.
    Cell phone.
    Now that I think about it, no wonder my purse is always about to burst.

I have carried a purse since I was 16. That is a long time ago. I carry the usual items including a S&W J-frame.

Remembering I'm in the UK. in my handbag (purse) I have;
    A purse (coin wallet) with loose change and folding money, credit/debit cards, drivers license and of course till receipts I don't need to keep.
    NB: have you noticed just how big some GG's purses are these days?

Then it's;
    Reading glasses x2
    Sun glasses
    nail file
    ball point pens x3
    small note book
    hair brush
    small mirror
    leather gloves
    cotton gloves (so if I need to change my tights I don't snag them)
    small pack of tissues
    at least 1 lippy
    super glue (emergency false nail repair)
    small LED torch
    car and house keys
    mobile

For me it's an essential item for blending. It somehow empowers me. When enfemme it's as necessary as wearing a wig. Just wouldn't leave home without it.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    I start with my usual guy stuff:

• House keys
    • Car electronic key
    • Driver's license
    • Credit cards
    • Cash w/ money clip
    • Change
    • Pen
    • Business cards
    • Comb

For DeeAnn, I add:

• Foundation
    • Powder
    • Powder brush
    • Mascara
    • Lipstick
    • Eyebrow pencil
    • Shoe horn
    • Large Leatherman tool
    • Small Maglite
    • Blotting papers
    • Setting spray

DeeAnn

Wallet with all the cards and cash
    Phone
    Keys
    Makeup bag with lipsticks, mirror, folding brush, and pill bottle
    nail file
    Pens and pencils
    Leatherman tool

For dressy evenings, I have a selection of vintage clutches. The problem, of course, is which items to leave behind!