Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Which job would you like to have as a woman?

Stay at home mom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

An astronaut.

I think any corporate job where I'd be required to wear a "power suit" of a short skirt, heels and blazers would be great!

I'd love to be a full time wife and mommy.

Hey, this is a fantasy right, well, I know it is tough work, but I would want to be a Super Model for VS! Retire at 30 or 35.

Where ever i could make good money and dress nice
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Board-Certified Shaman LaSirenaBella's Avatar
    The same one that I have now.
    Sirena Rivera
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing." - Theodor S. Geisel

Aspiring Member
    It wouldn't matter much as long as I could just be "me".

I would like to be a meteorologist or a news anchor. Those ladies know how to dress!

I am an accountant and that would not change. From what I see a majority of people in accounting are women, so fitting in would not be a problem.

Now maybe my accounting career could lead to other things. Like maybe marrying and being a stay at home wife or having or adopting kids and being a stay at home mom.

Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyBme View Post
    I would like to be a meteorologist or a news anchor. Those ladies know how to dress!
    Yup. That was my next choice!

My dream job is the same as a woman or as a man, and it's being a writer. I also like the idea of being a therapist and listening to people talk.
    stefanilara.wordpress.com
    A Girl in disguise

Silver Member
    Back when nurses wore white dresses and their slips showed through I thought it would be great to be one.

I would like to be a professional dancer or do what I do now...Video Production 🎥💃🏽

Silver Member
    I am already in a profession that is literally 99%+ female. I'd keep the same job, even if I went fulltime.

I always found it interesting how people are always saying we must get more women into traditionally male dominated professions, but I never, ever hear anyone say we must get more men into female dominated professions (outside of nursing, where there is a critical shortage of nurses of any gender.) Go figure.
    Last edited by Vickie_CDTV; 01-28-2016 at 12:55 AM.

OK, Jenniferathome, I take it back. The bulk of the answers are now proving your point. lol
    Reine

I've noticed that a fair percentage of these are 'stereotypical' female occupations (secretary, model, nail salon). While there's nothing wrong with this (I've done my time as a secretary.), I'd like to mention pay equality - I'm working as a network admin with a masters in EE, and some of the field electricians make almost twice what I do!

The same one I've got, or one that pays better. Or maybe a storyboard person for a video game.

i'd love to be a high maintenance air stewardess on a private jet that caters solely to high flying executive business women

I would like to be the CEO of a nonprofit organization to assist the elderly with everything from healthcare to financial aid.

Personally, I would stay as a graphic artist. What can I say? I just like to make things look good (myself included).

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    My wife's job, as she gets paid more than I do...

I've told her to get that next promotion or a better paying job, so I can give up work and become a full-time house husband/house T. I prefer the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Automotive Director of Design at Audi, Porsche, VW Mercedes, BMW, or any of the other auto manufacturers who still can't get it straight. Seems only Lamborghini is able to make truly beautiful cars with any consistency...
    I absolutely love Lamborghinis, but the company took out an injunction to keep me away from their showrooms. Seems they didn't like me dribbling down their showroom windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelle View Post
    ...Before you ask, my daughter is an Engineer in the military and she kicks major butt .

Cheers

Marcelle
    And Major Butt puts up with this?

Becky
    Last edited by reb.femme; 02-07-2016 at 07:15 AM.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Gone to live my life
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    I'm kind of stunned by most of the replies here. Does no one have daughters? I want my girls to kick butt in anything they choose and not have that defined for them.
    Why would you be stunned? Most of the replies come from a place of fantasy/desire/want or whatnot. IMHO, this is part of the lifestyle for some (note I did not say all) CDers . . . the thrill, excitement and whatnot. Is it based on stereotypes? Most likely but again it is a fantasy question. I am guessing that if most truly had to work in that type of job, the fantasy would wear off quickly for some and perhaps not so much for others. Does this negate your daughter's ability to get a "butt kicking" job? Not likely as these folks are not making the rules in the world, only responding to fantasy question. Before you ask, my daughter is an Engineer in the military and she kicks major butt .

Cheers

Marcelle

Jennifer, I understand where you are coming from. To an extent, this thread does reinforce gender roles society has in place. Yes, we need to push past those. Yes, we want our daughters to do anything they choose to do. But I think the OP was intending the question to be solely on you as a CD (it says "woman", so I'm not sure if it truly means CD or if you were a GG). That being the case, we have to keep in mind that everyone CDs for different reasons. Marcelle is right, some of the response seem to be a fantasy response and may be based on stereotypes. A lot of responders also mentioned they would retain the same job they currently have. Either response is perfectly alright if that's what a girl wants to do. We can all kick butt and look fabulous doing so.

Also, I love your post as it shows how you are with your family (at least on a small scale). They CAN be anything they want. Keep pushing that!

All that being said, my apologies for deviating from the original topic!

oh what the heck.

a bra fitter at Victoria's Secret
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.