Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which job would you like to have as a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by junetv View Post
    Ior I'd be a welder by day and an exotic dancer by night, with aspirations of getting into ballet school.
    But probably not in Pittsburgh anymore. Actually there are so few welder jobs in all of America today, it's easier to get into ballet school than to work as a welder.

I love my job, couldn't see being anything else even if my gender was different... Though, chances are, I would not dress in the rather relaxed manner I currently do at work.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aspiring Member
    Brassierre and Panty Fashion Designer, what else?
    Live Today as if it is your last day

I'd continue doing what I do now, I'm a nurse.Only I'd wear a white dress and white hose...

Banned Read only
    Interesting thread Jessica, I was actually thinking that on the way to work this morning! I'd say from the perspective of a successful and fulfilling career...Medical Doctor, lawyer, Investment Analyst/principal...or maybe 'trophy wife'...but that last one would just not be be me!

I would help woman with treatment of hysteria,LOL
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by jessica_brink View Post
    I just love her classy but feminine outfits there, not to forget her lovely hairstyle.
    So is it the job or what you'd wear to a job that this post is about?
    Whatever it is, I agree about the outfits.
    My feelings at this moment would be any job where I could wear a pencil skirt and a chiffon blouse everyday.
    Oh, and I'd require the hips and boobs to fill them out.

I would be a "weather-girl" on the weather channel. A respected Meteorologist but yet you get to be on TV in those tight, short dresses. And the way they get to wave their arms over the weather maps is very sexy.

Courtney, do a Google search for the "weather girl dress". Apparently one style got very popular and a lot of other female weather forecasters wore the same one in different colors or similar styles.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Jennifer, Why are you stunned? ..
    Allie, I am stunned because the majority of responses are clearly gender defined, stereotypical roles for women. If one is thinking that women have certain jobs, THAT hurts my daughter's chances in the job world.

I would be a trial lawyer like I am now, but I would actually enjoy the job. Women lawyers get treated differently. You don't have to suffer verbal abuse from a client or a judge who is having a bad day. A trial is theater, and having greatly expanded sartorial choices, better range of expression, my God, being able to try a case as a woman would be like getting a big power up while playing a video game.

Ah, well. A trans girl can dream. Maybe someday I will be able to publicly transition. Just once in the fifteen years or so I have left in my career, I want to try a case as a girl. Just once.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

JenniferatHome, it's not so bad, I think most people are saying they'd stay with what they have: medicine, environmental management, human resources, corporate leadership, fitness instructor, software engineering professor, law, CEO, video games industry, aviation, biomedical sales, veterinarian, engineering, systems analyst, own business, automotive design, nurse ... these are all good!

To Bree Jackson, you might want to rethink being a model. My nephew is a model overseas. The demands made on his female model friends (and on him too, but to a lesser extent) to look perfect are huge! This is what he posted on facebook a few years ago in support of models. It's a 2 minute animation submitted to the Brussels Short Film Festival entitled Supervenus.

<edit> The link to the video I had posted was removed because it featured a drawing of a naked woman. Just google "Supervenus Doazan". Doazan is the director's name. It's very good.
    Last edited by ReineD; 01-26-2016 at 02:15 PM. Reason: instructions to find video
    Reine

Since we travel a lot, I can image life in Foreign Service working in embassies all of the world especially in Europe.
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !

Something that would allow me to wear dresses and heels. You don't see too many teachers dressed like that so I would have to change careers.

It would probably be something in banking for me.
    That would be my ideal,
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I'd think I'd like to be a tennis pro. I hear that many of them prefer female partners and I'd feel right at home with that.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    But probably not in Pittsburgh anymore. Actually there are so few welder jobs in all of America today, it's easier to get into ballet school than to work as a welder.
    haha! the last line was poke at fun - its the premise for the movie "Flashdance"

Platinum Member
    Hi Jessica, One of those beautiful television anchor women. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I would be a soap actress in Eastenders, Coronation Street or Emmerdale. I would play a lesbian character. Nice clothes that you never see in the shops professional makeup and hair. Earn loads of money so I can afford all of the best to make maria look fab.

I have always thought being a marine biologist would be a fun way to make a living. Of course my main area of study would be tropical waters and not polar areas.

Any job that would require heels, skirt suits, pantyhose, etc. It is my preferred attire anyway.

A salesgirl in an upscale women's clothing store like Madewell.

Or a receptionist in a beauty parlor like my role model, Playmate Gaye Rennie.

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    I think I'd choose a highly paid fashion model - just think of all the amazing clothes you'd get to wear, and all those lovely male models you'd get to pose with. Perfect!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by junetv View Post
    haha! the last line was poke at fun - its the premise for the movie "Flashdance"
    I know, that's why the reference to Pittsburgh.

Incidentally I've always been crazy for Jennifer Beals. Don't know if it's my guy or girl side since she was in The L Word, but boy is she hot or what!

It's interesting that many of the responses refer to "stereotypical female" roles. Interesting but, given the comments that surface when crossdressers start talking about the trend in women's clothing, not surprising.

As for the original question, do you mean "if you had been born female?" or "if you could live as a woman today?"

I'm one of those annoying people who actually enjoys their current job. So, if I was a woman I'd either keep my current job or win the lottery and retire. However, considering when and where I was born, how few girls got into any form of engineering at that time (and, of those who started in engineering, how few actually stayed), I reckon that the chances of me having this job had I been born female are actually pretty slim.

I've no daughters but I do have a niece and I sincerely hope that her choice of career isn't determined by any gender stereotyping.