Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cost of a purge

Cost of a purge

Hi, just wondering how much you might expect to spend if you had done a complete purge but now wanted to, needed to, dress fully again. I'm thinking I'll need 1 or 2 pairs heels, some boots, couple dresses, skirts, full face paint, hose, knickers, new wig, the list could be endless. But as a basic, but tasteful new wardrobe what might you expect it to cost?

Hugs
    Abbey x
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

Jeans at a thrift store: $5.
    Designer jeans at a trendy store: $300 and up.

It's all up to you & your bank account, hon.

I've purged at least ten times over forty years.

If I purged now and wanted to get my wardrobe back to what I have it would be about $800 US.

And don't forget all the hours spent re-buying everything.
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 01-25-2016 at 05:04 PM. Reason: typo
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I am talking thrift and charity stores, dollar stores, and Ebay here. For the bare minimum! New size 16 high heels- $35/ Used dress- $12 Used skirt and top- 16 Hose- $6 Used bra- $7 Panty girdle- $7 Used wig $13 mascara, makeup, lipstick- $8 Necklace, broach, earrings, bangles all used- $10 Perfume- $12. Balloons for water balloons. $1 Total $126 give or take a few dollars.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 01-26-2016 at 11:12 AM.

The last time I purged it cost me about $400 that included 2 pairs of heels, a few dresses, skirts and tops, and a mini skirt that i absolutely loved, and makeup.

Aspiring Member
    Having been through more than one purge in the last 30 years, I don't any more. Instead when feelings of disgust or whatever provoke me back into male mode, I carefully fold and place my stuff in an old suitcase and put it in a hard-to-reach part of the attic.

I have however thrown out stuff that I no longer like, is out of style, doesn't fit well or is worn (particularly panties as I wear those 24/7; I wouldn't want to show up in the ER in tattered worn panties!).

I'd say around $300 to $500 Wig, forms, butt pads right there you are looking at $300 a few dresses and bras. Whoa I'll stop there and not purge a counselor would be cheaper for 2 or 3 visits
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Replace my current wardrobe? Probably about $4000. IF I could find everything, and that's not likely. They don't make the shoes or boots I have anymore, the skirts are out of production, same with the tops, as styles offered change every year. Cheerleading uniforms thankfully I think are still available in my size, but only from one of the manufacturers. Currently the bras are available, but the panties are only available in my size in white and black. The dresses are custom made from ebay costume manufacturers, so those I could get. Stockings still sometimes available, but not in all colors I want. Wigs are ebay, usually available. The sneakers I use for my cheer uniform are no longer available, the ones that are are more distinctly masculine.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Aspiring Member
    I don't even want to think about it. I have alot of gowns that were in the 200..00 to 300.00 price range. Alot of dresses over the 100.00 range, tops over 40.00 and skirts way up there. I have alot of cheaper stuff to. With everythinng including jewelry to get everything back five figures before the decimal point. The most expensive is my jewelry. I don't plan in purging but someone will get alot of jewelry when I'm gone.

Probably an easy $1000-1200 between a dress ($50-$140), quality wig ($250-$300), heels ($40), foundation garments such as body briefer, foam forms, pantyhose ($150), jewelry ($75-$100) and Ulta/MAC cosmetics ($450-$500). Over my lifetime, I've purged several times. Fortunately, with an accepting wife, purges during the past few years has been a thing of the past!
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

I did it a bunch of times costing thousands ...I will never do it again. Love the things I buy(mostly) and want to keep them. Especially my vintage linegrie!
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by TrishaTX View Post
    I did it a bunch of times costing thousands ...I will never do it again
    I have never thought of ever purging, all this work to collect all these clothes and lingerie ...not to mention the investment........

Word of advise, If you decide to purge, you better think about it for about 6 months before you go through with it...just saying..that way you may can avoid regret / remorse

I've purged so many time over 50 yrs. I think I've spend over $10,000. I had a walk-in closet with dresses that cost over $330 a piece and just gave them away. Had 5 wigs at 200 each. So yes purging cost a lot to start over.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Banned Read only
    I purged about 25 years ago, cost of what I let go, about $100 on the outside.

Purging now, not an option, from a fiscal perspective I'm TG, yah, I own it...like literally 😂

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Based on what I have now I'm sure several 100 dollars without question

I've done so many purges and re purchases in my life of dressing I couldn't even venture a guess as to the monetary cost. All of my purges took place while I was in a marital union. Now that I'm widowed and living alone, my next purge will be when the undertaker is shoveling dirt on me.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    hopefully that will be the LAST time you purge.....just store it all away in a safe place

I have to think $1000 to get back a starter wardrobe - even using thirft stores for parts if it

Although I dabbled very briefly over the years and this is the real first time I started to build my own wardrobe, I know that if I never found this place I would probably purge pretty quickly. I've quickly realised after reading all your experiences and the cost of it, that it would be something I know I'd later regret (and I hate throwing money away). If I ever feel like a purge then I would just store them safely in the attic too. Heck, I live on my own right now anyway. As I see it it's all just a bit of harmless fun anyway. It's not hurting anybody.

If only I had the courage to tell my girlfriend this, and that I know that she would fully accept it. I could then hang all my clothes in the wardrobe, as far as friends and family would know then they would think they were her clothes as she leaves a few bits round mine anyway. I'm right now wearing her sexy black silky dressing gown over my nightie. Well at least until my one arrives soon, heehee
    Gurlz they wanna have fu'hun. Oh gurlz just wanna have fu'hun x

Banned Read only
    Not knowing prices in the U.K. my estimate in the USA would be several hundred dollars. Payless is adequate at buy one full price/get one half off. Maybe under $5 for two pairs as it seems one pair of pumps runs at $30. I've found some nice bras in colors or basics at K-Mart running from $6 to $15. No need to go overboard since I don't have anything to stuff into a bra, as my wife would say. Panties can be had for less than $15 for a decent six pack. A slip by Vassarette in basic white, black or beige for under your dress runs about $12. Vanity Fair slips at full retail run up to $22. Hosiery/panty hose runs almost the price of a loaf of bread. Dresses..try clearance sales. I've bought four very nice dresses for less than $20 each on line (JCP) that were $70. A synthetic wig should be the most expensive item. I think a decent wig can be had for $40-$75. Cosmetic prices are so variable I don't have a clue other than to say every store has something on sale every week.

In the USA there are many good values for gently used or new garments on eBay. The Croft and Barrow dress I have on right now cost me less than $10 and with shipping about $16. It shows absolutely no wear at all.

I just spent over $35.00 for a bottle of foundation, I don't even want to think what replacing my wardrobe would cost!
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Hugs,

Carla

http://flickr.com/photos/carla4guage/

Junior Member Alice-n-wonderland's Avatar
    I think if you started to add it all up you would be amazed at how much. Purges just don't work, cause you'll be back.

If I was to purge now I might need to take out a credit card to replace everything. I have a modest collection of clothes, but breastforms, hip pads and makeup brushes are at least a few hundred each.

Although, I'm not sure if I'm reading into something that isn't there, but are purges becoming less common now that there is so much more trans visibility then there was 10 years ago?

This isn't something I want to entertain. I've purged, still hundreds of dollars later an not where I was at one time. But I do have better stuff this time.
    I would have to say priceless.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

I would say $200 to establish the basics again.

What you should consider is the outlay of all the items and accouterments you purged in the first place.

My wardrobe ismodest but to replaceall that about $5000.

Evening dresses, shoes, makeup, forms, wigs.... And so it goes on.

Not to forget those special event items, Maids Uniform, wedding dresses and those special high fashion scores like a Mink Coat I was able to buy on a Black Friday years ago.

They assured me it was fake fur but the US customs felt quite differently.

That clothing became irreplaceable and priceless to boot.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.