Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cost of a purge

Because of the stories I've read here, I intend to never purge. Of course we don't hear from those who have purged and never come back to CDing, but there are way too many cautionary tales where people have purged and then want to replace everything.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanTG View Post
    Having been through more than one purge in the last 30 years, I don't any more. Instead when feelings of disgust or whatever provoke me back into male mode, I carefully fold and place my stuff in an old suitcase and put it in a hard-to-reach part of the attic.
    ^ This makes much more sense to me, why get rid of hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of stuff if you want to try to stop CDing, if you can just put things away. You can always get rid of things later if, after x amount of time, you still have no desire to go back. I realize this doesn't help the OP, but it's worth restating.

I have a very ragtag collection that I've easily spent over $700 on in the past 7 months (non-lingerie clothes are all thrift store), and I am still missing many things like shoes I can go out in, or a coat (or breast forms, hip pads, good makeup, etc.). No way do I just want to dump that off at the Goodwill!

Cheers!

- Summer
    just getting the hang of this

Silver Member
    Thousands!!! I think if you dress a lot or go out you would be well over the numbers I have seen.

Went to a Dillard's this week and bought a couple bras on sale. On the way home I was thinking about if I had to replace them if I gain anymore weight. 100+ times lowest price would be over a thousand dollars. Then there are the panties. Outerwear would be in the thousands. I do a lot of shopping and the fun is to find great classic buys. I realize that my wife and I have a lot of clothes, just glad I'm not tempted to purge.