Thread: way to early- but need to start thinking and this is only day 3

way to early- but need to start thinking and this is only day 3

Not sure how to approach this. This week was the start of a new pattern, at least 3 days worth.

Work from home and no pc cameras on cheap pc's. So three days this week was able to wear dress at work. Most interesting and amazing how much more was done, but that's another thread.

Looking for advice, or even better stories of anyone who has handled this before. Not sure I want to dress at work 6 hrs for 5 days a week, but at least 3 would be super. What should I look out for that this might be too far?

And any advice on how to add daytime makeup to costume without upsetting applecart.

I presume this will take about a month to feel normal. Hope it works, didn't want to break the spell, but also didn't want to mis respond to any comments.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Denise,

I am not 100 percent certain what you are asking but I will give it a stab. I gather from your post that your job affords you the opportunity to work at home 3 days out of the week and during the first trial you wore a dress. It felt good, energized you and you got lots of work done. Where I get confused is when you talk about dressing at work for 5 days a week. I am assuming you have no desire to be seen in your actual workplace dressed?

IMHO if you are working from home and have complete freedom to dress as you please . . . do so if it makes you feel good. Adding daytime make-up is simple, purchase said make-up, watch some make-up tutorials, practice and apply. Not sure how that would upset any applecart as it is just part of the work at home experience.

Now if you are talking about going to work dressed with make-up then the first question would "Why would you want to do that?" If it is just about dressing and feeling good and you don't want to out yourself to the world . . . I would keep things at home. If it is more about being a woman, being seen as woman in all aspects of your life (work included) then you may want to check on your employer's TG policy before making that leap and move forward from there.

Cheers

Marcelle

I see I wasn't clear. I work from home all the time and no longer to the office. TG policy is ok,but that is not the issue. I'm not ready to present to work associates, way way too early and I'm way too unskilled.

It was not really a trial, I've wore skirts and tops and a dress some time ago, but it was not a full work day and SO was not yet comfortable with it. The last previous event was with a simple skirt and more office wear top. The kids are out of nest, and don't go out of house. But reaction was "you look frumpy" and "you look too much like a woman". The difference this time, is only positive comments and outlandish is great. Normal, simple is also great. My concern is will this change in one to five weeks where it is too much. So for now, plan is to try daily for about 6 hrs a day, that more than calms the cravings now, {can't dress until after walk dogs and SO gets up}. Immediately after work then switch back to male clothing.

Guess I was trying to get to, besides comments, what are typical female behavioral signs that some inner turmoil is coming on and there may be a storm?
    And if you observe any signs, what are effective ways to defuse this before it explodes.

Makeup is not about the how to. It's more completing the costume. Feet to neck is fine. Toe polish is fine, earrings and jewelry is fine. Areas of concern are: finger polish, makeup, and hair. Hair used to be ponytail so we easy to just move the holder high on the head. I was thinking if waited about 30 to 45 days and then slowly added subtle daytime makeup, that would work for me and not be upsetting. I can use clear/cream finger polish, so plan to add that next week. This is all to bring together the other personality style look so a kind female personality is easier to keep and to successfully drop male self criticisms and quick harsh comments.

Hope this is clearer.