Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love and hate winter

Love and hate winter

The thought of spring in the air brings a smile and sadness at the same time. Winter is tough but sure makes for easier underdressing and shaving.

I like winter because I can wear what I want when im out and about, then put on my winter coat a scraf, I use the scraf to cover my mouth which turns me into the women I want to,I like to get out because I like taking lots of photo`s

I have always preferred winter over the summer...I simply love the snow, ice and cold dark days. And yes winter does also make life so much easier for a CDer...a pantyhose, a nice warm cardigan, a scarf, smooth arms and legs...oh I feel so at home during the winter!
    Love and hugs Jeanette

Sorry I am missing half the ingredients for a love hate with winter
    just hate here,
    You are on your own with this one.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Quote Originally Posted by Raychel View Post
    Sorry I am missing half the ingredients for a love hate with winter
    just hate here,
    You are on your own with this one.
    X2 on this, not a fan of weather that I need to clean up

There was a time when I used to love the winter, but that time is no more. Definitely look forward to the warmer weather as I get older.

That may be true, but as you progress through life, those spring and summer fashions take on a new vision for all. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'm kind of dreading the end of this winter; I recently added hose/tights, camis & womens' tees to my underdressing, and started shaving my legs, chest & armpits completely. Once the warm weather rolls around, I will have to go back to fewer layers and letting things grow (trimming it short though). I like the snow; the bitter cold, not so much, but it has been a very mild winter here so far.

Cheers!

- Summer
    just getting the hang of this

I do like the winter for the shaving reason and underdressing. But I keep shaven all year round. We take the boat to the river during the summer but nobody says anything about no hair.
    I'm going to try and stay underdressed this summer to include a bra.
    However, I work outside and the wet shirt might give it away
    We shall see.

Winter for me. Too much bare skin in summer makes me look less feminine. I love tights. I look jealously at women in tights and I would look better than you. Also in summer wigs make me sweat and make it harder to do makeup

I like both seasons. The dressing is easier for me in the winter as I don't shave. Summer and long sleeves are hard especially as I shop clearance so limited size L choices. I did pick up a beige cardigan on a post holiday clearance a couple weeks ago will see how that works. then the legs in summer, I've only gone out in public one summer so far. I prefer to wear a dress or skirt, and tried two pair of pantyhose, finding more opaque nude color hose, but still too sheer. Found a pair of beige/nude leggings thinking that was the answer. When I looked in the mirror at a store... just didn't look good with a skirt.
    Oh and I like summer and winter activities, I boat/fish/PWC, swim, golf, and downhill ski and snowmobile. All in guy mode however. Shoveling is a pain! But the snow is very pretty.

I feel it's easier for me to blend during the winter....lightweight clothes in the summer accentuate all my worst features & I've got plenty

The one positive thing about winter in a damn cold place like Chicago: I can be out all day long without having to worry about runny makeup due to sweat or too warm skin.

Everything else sucks.

The older I get the more I dislike winter and living in NY there is a lot to dislike lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I like the nice warm tights/leggings, and the nice wool dresses. However, I live in Florida, and I'm out, so our "winter" is about two weeks of temps in the low 40's F. (About 4.5C.) After that, it's back to sweating in pantyhose and having a sweater over my shoulders because Facilities keeps the temp at around 68F (20c) which is damned cold!

BTW, pantyhose is for the dress code. I have problems with my legs, so another reason to like dark colored stockings.

I love all the seasons. each one has its beauties and faults, and each let's me vary my outfits to fit the season and moment.

Love spring, summer and fall, winter sux

Love winter as well as summer.
    Love wearing my leggings, ankle boots and a cuddly sweater. Love my wool skirt, sweater top and knee high boots.
    So many choices.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I dislike the ice and snow. I love the cold. I've gone out so many times this winter with bra, forms, and a blouse under my coat, and no one has been the wiser. Plus I have acquired a taste for women's fall and winter fashion, even though I seldom partake of it myself.

The coldest we have had it this winter was a drop to 29 degrees for a couple hours in the morning. We have had a few cool days and I have gone to a friends house with a light jacket with my bra on LOL. I had to go in and pull her crockpot down off the the highest cabinet in her house. LOL stretching up to get it. But she never noticed. Today was a T-shirt day out there and it was pleasant.
    Part Time Girl

I also hate winter weather. But luckily this year so far we haven't had much winter weather. I don't care for the cold temperatures and hate the snow. Last year was bad,this year is just the opposite.

Everything about winter sucks. I hate the cold, the snow, chiseling ice and frost off my windshield before I can drive, wind chills at 20 below zero, pitch dark t 5:00 pm, no daylight until 7:00 am, should I go on? Give me summer any time so I can go back to wearing shorts, skorts, and pretty flowing skirts and dresses.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Winter, summer, my legs and underarms are soft and smooth. Hair is long, nails are to from time to time and getting ears pierced soon. A top is a top winter or summer. As a friend of mine once said, " embrace being the girl you are". No don't look like a girl but women still flirt with me.

Aspiring Member
    I like both seasons. I have alot of sweater dresses I wear and some longer heavy skirts that are to hot to wear in the summer.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    My sentiments match Jill's. Hate the cold and darker days. Took more than 30 days for the ice and snow on my hillside driveway to melt enough to drive my sports coupe. Finally could park the Jeep just 3 days ago. Come on Spring!