Thread: A pretend woman

A pretend woman

As youngsters we all pretended to be someone that we were not. Perhaps, a fireman, policeman, sheriff, cowboy, dad (mom?), superhero. There are
    many men who wear cowboy boots, western style shirts and jeans, and maybe even a big Stetson hat that have never been near a steer or cow. Yet,
    they are trying to portray the image of a "real cowboy".

I am a "pretend woman". I know that I am not a "real woman" but I can pretend. I can wear pretty clothes and shoes, lingerie, pantyhose, earrings,
    wigs, etc. I can imitate the actions, reactions, speech patterns, words, phrases, etc. I can enjoy the way I feel and look when presenting as a woman.
    I can enjoy how other people interact with me when I am en femme. In other words, I can enjoy pretending to be a woman without actually being a
    woman. At this point in my life I am really enjoying my pretending!
    Hugs, Carole

Hmm interesting, I see what you're talking about and it makes a lot of sense. I guess by this logic we are all just pretending, and I like it. c:
    You have to be odd to be number one. ~ Dr. Seuss

Interesting. Well from pretend to actually being a cowboy I actually was one and ranched. But now pretending to be female. Well, its not pretending when you are out there as a female.
    Part Time Girl

You are so right! And we are as CDer's doing just that, no worse or more rewarding if that is the object of your passion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Play is important to good mental health - pretending is one form of play

It's good to know I'm not the only one that pretends . I call it my happy place .

Platinum Member
    Hi Carol, From looking at your lovely pictures, You do it so well! ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Yup...I did lots of pretending as a kid. As an adult, I still enjoy pretending to be a woman.

Karen

There are different kinds of pretending. When you were little Billy pretending to be a cowboy, everyone knew you were actually little Billy. They entered into your pretending. When male CDs pretend to be women they usually try to fool people into believing it. First, because that's the only way to fully experience being a women, and second because--if their ruse works--they avoid the embarrassment of being exposed. It's a high stakes game. I've always loved dressing, but I never liked the deceit part. Wearing a false face. To me, fooling people amounts to treating them as fools, and I was (am) uncomfortable being secretive. Has anyone else felt this way? One way around this is to mix with people--like your childhood playmates--who know it's a game and who can enter into your pretending.

Carhill, Yes, it is pretending for sure, play acting. Dawn, I see your point, being deceptive, and it does bother me a little, fooling the masses. However, when i speak, i let it be known i am a guy in drag, and with my huge hands and feet, and six foot six, it does not take long for me to be read. so, i realize i am not fooling much of anyone, except from some distance. i am just having fun, too, though quite nervous, and vigilant.

Silver Member
    When I was a lad, there was a radio program that came on every Saturday called. "Let's Pretend". Do any of you more aged ladies remember it? That was about the time I also was wishing I had been born a girl.

Jenny, I am 61 1/2 but don't recall that program. I recall some songs about pretending, though. "The Great Pretender". "Just Pretend." There are others i can't recall. I doubt if many people came out as CD's way back then, though.

Hah ! Not only do I sometimes pretend to be a woman, sometimes I actually pretend to be an attractive woman. I guess that's the point---to imagine you become something you're not

Well spoken !

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Then, you're quite lucky, Carole. Because that means u can pass!

I can pretend I look like a woman. But, during close contact with anyone they will know I'm just pretending!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I agree with all the comments for me it's the removal from the drab to the move to elegant. The choice available, the different styles and not just clothes, the face painting the artistry the hairstyles, women can change and experiment as often as they please, it's mesmerising and it draws me in

Hugs Abbey x
    Last edited by Abbey11; 01-29-2016 at 02:07 PM.
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

I used to pretend to be a woman but it got frustrating because it's something I'll never be. That's when I started trying to figure out what I actually am so I can be one of those successfully. That actually brought me to this site. I still dress in women's clothing and wear makeup, etc. but I'm not pretending to be a woman. Same behavior but different result -- now I'm happy.