Thread: Coming out to a good friend..

Be yourself.

Coming out to a good friend..

Hi ladies, I'd like to share something with you.

I'm 18 yrs old and I dream of living life like a woman (or as close as it gets). I've been crossdressing for 4 years, but I keep wanting more of it every single day. I love it! I've been fluctuating between my male and female self several times throughout the years and I had anxiety issues for long enough. What I recently come to understand though, is that every time my female self comes back, it's stronger. All these months I was developing my male self trying to avoid "pink fog", but it's back, and I kinda feel like it's for good this time..

I have this one female friend, which I know quite a few years now and she has trusted me with many of her issues and I have I helped her very much. In a costume party I went fully dressed with my makeup and such and I remember that she was SO. EXCITED. with my looks. We had a lot of fun together and she kept giving me compliments. (Bear in mind we were never sexually attracted to one another.)

This evening I invited her to my house because "I need someone to talk to".. I want to tell her everything.. I always thought that if I was a girl, we'd be best friends. She is a real, beautiful woman and she knows a ton of stuff about makeup and clothes and everything. She is almost my role model.. I need some true guidance by a person that knows me, because the internet is never good enough on its own. The good thing is, knowing her, I think she won't dislike my looks regardless of what she thinks about gender identity challenged men.. haha

I'm dead anxious though.. I'm afraid how she'll take it.. If you have any advice or any kind words to say please feel free.. I need this..
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

I'm very happy for you! Sounds like a pretty safe person to tell. You never know for sure, but my hopes are with you!

Aspiring Member
    She sounds like a sincere and trusting friend. Just go easy telling her Ann's hopefully it will work out for you. My best wishes to you.

Just take it slowly. Don't overwhelm your friend with too much too soon. I hope it goes very well for you and that you find a good friend and supporter. It also seems like your cross dressing is going well. Enjoy it and best wishes.

It's never easy coming out, but hopefully it works out. Take it slow, and be willing to answer any and all questions. Also, don't come across as embarrassed by it. People will often pick up on nonverbal cues, women are especially known for that, so if you act as if its shameful, she might react likewise. She seems super supportive, so maybe she'll be totally accepting. Best of luck

Remember, once the cats out of the bag you can't put it back in. I let mine out in the middle seventies and still get crap about it

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    quite a few of my girlfriends (friends) know..and all have been awesome about it...any girl i was in a relationship had a cow, but friends were awesome with it, suddenly we were maekup shopping and clothes shopping together, I learned how to shave those tricky spots like kneecaps.

Nowadays every girl i do meet, i meet en femme and its great to have some gg friends to hang out with. Its funny when I meet gals now, and they are totally cool and accepting, I kinda tear up a bit with happiness, because they accept me for me...

I too went through fighting this side of me, and realized it isnt going anywhere and I should embrace it and enjoy it. We all come to that conclusion at our own pace though, and some never do, thats all up to you.

In all honestly it sounds like it will work out just fine for you, if she is a real friend and there is no serious girlfriend romance there you probably will just escalate your current friendship to a whole new level good luck xoxo

Silver Member
    I suggest you read the Stickey on coming out to people and Jenniferathome's letter about coming out for ideas of what to say and do. Also, you might want to 'wear' something a bit feminine, like just a hint of blush that she might notice and comment on. It may give you an opening to having a meaningful discussion, if she likes it.

Sounds like a good person to confide in. How about starting with the costume party and the possibility of doing it again but not waiting for a party, see how she reacts?
    However you choose to approach it good luck and I hope it goes well for you
    Hugs
    Abbey x
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!