Thread: Dressing at work ?

Dressing at work ?

Hey girls !

So i was wondering how the girls of the forum who have the possibility to work while dressed managed to do that ? Like, how did you introduced it to your boss and colleagues ? Was it hard ? Dressing for work looks like a whole new experience. Anyway, i'm just asking, you know, to know. I'm not working and it's not tomorrow that i wil start (as i'm a student).

Thank you for reading !

Ringo

To be honest, I just don't think I'd get to enjoy it much. My job is pretty stressful and demanding; I don't want to wear women's clothes at work, as I'm afraid I might feel inferior in body and shape to the girls in the office. That said, if other guys did it, I'd do it, but I prefer not to draw attention to myself. That said, I suppose I'll never know if the ts-friendly guys in the office would ask me out if I never dress up!

Aspiring Member
    I'm. Always dressed. Door work its women's t-shirts or tank tops and women's jeans and underwear, stockings or knee his and.very light makeup. When I'm in my office its to the Max. Everyone knows but nobody says nothing

I guess I could dress for work, but it would draw a lot of attention and likely some unwelcome comments. However, one approach would be to dress en femme for the Halloween office party and then come to work the next day as my feminine self. Of course, I'd swap my Halloween costumes (playboy bunny and beer wench) for women's business attire (sheath dress with low heeled pumps)...who knows, I'll need to give this some careful thought for Halloween this Oct...I'm curious as to what others think about this idea. Or, perhaps others have done this? Nikki
    Last edited by nikkiwindsor; 01-29-2016 at 09:55 PM.
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    This is something I've thought of many times and my work would prob allow for it as long as I told them ahead of time but it would be a lot of work to do this not to mention the bathroom issue.
    It would be interesting for sure though

I have my own small company. Mostly work from home because my employees are all over the country. Since the beginning of the new year I do go in dressed to the office. Most of the time it's just me in there, but not always. Last year I let everyone in on my secret and let them know to expect to see Jennifer.

Well what I do is not "crossdressing" in my mind, though there is no secret that the skirts I am wearing are just that. Women's skirts. I started out wearing very simple stuff, that were often described as "My manskirt" Their words, not mine.

I had thought that it would be accepted, and one day the boss made various comments about "dress codes" which boiled down to being decent and not too revealing, also clean, and without too many rips. I approached her afterwards and asked how she felt about me wearing skirts or kilts. "Go for it!"

Took me a couple of months to work up the courage, but when I did....crickets chirping. Very, very, few comments, and almost all of those that did happen were positive. Remarkable number didn't even notice at first, at least when wearing the basic stuff, most saw them as shorts I guess, though sometimes you could tell when they realised. Quick look down and away, then back to conversation.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

It wouldn't go over to well in my current job.
    However I do have a small home based business that I've been trying to get off the ground and I absolutely dress when I want to.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Ringo,

I guess my first question would be . . . Why do you want to dress at work? Is this something you feel compelled to do because you need to express yourself in the world or does it just seem like a new level of dressing. Coming out at work can have serious ramifications depending your employer and their existing TG policy not to mention that you will immediately out yourself to those around you. I am out at work (Canadian Military) and my avatar picture is the clothing I wear (uniform) but again I am TS and identify as a woman. The Canadian military supports Trans folk and has policy in place to protect us.

If you feel you really need to do this once you are done school and are looking for a job, review the TG policy of the company you wish to work for. Is it TG friendly . . . if not you may want to stay away from that employer if you plan to dress at work. If the company you choose is open to gender expression (e.g., dressing at work as a woman) there will most likely be an education piece the folks (e.g., group discussions about you dressing and what that means). Then you start the process of dressing in the agreed upon manner . . . part time, full time and work through it each day. Not an easy road to follow and definitely not for the faint of heart.

Cheers

Marcelle

Unfortunately most of the time my workplace is outside,so underdressing is my only option. But the idea is interesting.

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    As most of you here know, I'm full time and have been for well over 10 years. When I got my current job, I did tell my woman boss about my status. She couldn't have cared less as I was very well qualified and also the only one who applied She was just happy to have someone, and has never, to my knowledge, told anyone about me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

IMHO, dressing at work is part of being full time. FULL TIME. If you dress at work, you can never be seen, even gassing up your car, as your other self. People, specially co-workers will not get, nor accept, switching back and forth.
    I sure there are exceptions, but this is just my 2 cents.

Uniform is the order of the day for me, so it's out of the question.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

First of all if you really want a true answer. I will tell you.
    1) you need to go to the boss or the department in charge of HR. and tell them before you do.
    2) They will most likely tell you that it is ok. Only if you dress as a woman full time. Switching back and forth can disrupt other workers and would not be allowed.
    3) You will be required to follow any dress codes that are set. Using the bathroom maybe an issue. So you may have to use a private location. Given to you by the boss or HR.
    4) How you dress should never effect your work flow. Make sure you complete your days work and a little more if possible.
    With all that said. There may or may not be comments that you will have to just let go by, without answering.
    People will after a while will simply accept you as you are.

How do I know all this, gone thru it, worked hard. I still made it to a high level within the company I worked for.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

Woaw ! Thank you all for your answer, that was really instructing

So no i am not willing to dress at work mostly because i don't have a work, i just wanted to know how you did it. I find very brave and i admire all of you girls who are out at work.
    If i were to do it one day, it would be to finally be my true self, as i already want to be more often dressed outside. Being out is no more a problem, i have been stuck on this issue for too long and i'm determined to not asking my self this question again

Anyway, thank you again for all your answers

Aspiring Member
    ramifications and consequences aside; I work in an office setting, and my favourite outfits are office wear - suit skirts. If I could, I most certainly would.

thanks Ringo, thanks Gerri..

I was wondering this just a few days ago as I will be interviewing new staff soon the thought popped into my mind.

So lovely to have this place.. someone from France has the same question, but for another reason.. and someone from the USA has the exact answer I was looking for

x Tara

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I do partial dress, as in things no one else will notice (panties, women's athletic shoes, Gloria Vanderbilt jeans that aren't obviously femme, women's socks). Then again I work retail and I doubt it would be a big deal. Only one person I work with knows about Allison and though I prefer to keep it that way, if someone else happens to glimpse a lace waistband when I bend over because I didn't tighten my belt enough, oh well. The one person who knows is in charge of the women's jeans and did not even know I was wearing women's jeans until I pointed it out to her.

Tara : This why i love this forum ! haha Internet is a great thing for our community, being able to have answers to the questions we have been asking ourselves for such a long time from people all over the world is wonderful

Allison : I've read your story, that was really cool, i think a lot of us would like to have that friend to !

Thank you again, for all your answers !

Ringo

I work at home most of the time so I can dress up whenever I want. I often do full women's office wear like a skirt suit when I have a web or phone conference, and the fun is that no one knows on the other end. Plus dressing up help relieves the stress of the meetings. I only go into the office in guy mode, usually once a week, because I work in a ultra-conservative town and most of my co-workers would not approve.