Thread: Grandchildren

Grandchildren

I was thinking that if my children found out, (you know) that it might them afraid to have me baby sit or even bring them over.

Anyone have this situation?
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Judy, I think your fear might be unfounded. At worst I think your children might tell you to not dress around the grandchildren. They would just want you to appear as a traditional grandfather around the grandchildren, until they reach an age of understanding.

It really depends upon the individuals. Some people still consider us perverts, which might (irreversibly) make them reluctant to have you around their kids. Remember, you can't un-ring a bell. When in doubt, err on the side of caution, because there's no going back. Honesty's usually the best policy. But not always. Of course, I recommend the same as always; if you can accept the worst possible outcome to coming out, then go ahead. Just know what you're potentially at risk of losing; contact with not just your grandchildren, but your children as well. Even progressive folks are still often subject to the 'not in my backyard' syndrome. I don't remember if you've mentioned if you're out to anyone else.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

As sometimes_miss said it depends upon the individual. For years my wife would tell me that if my daughters and husbands found out about my CDing they would not let me see my grandchildren, etc. How wrong she was! At the time she told them that we were getting a divorce (we had been married 43 years) she told them about my CDing. They were extremely upset about our getting a divorce but they hardly cared that I was a CD. This made my wife very upset!

My family has never seen me or photos of me en femme. I have no intention of involving them.
    Hugs, Carole

None of us can say for certain that we know what would happen if you tell your kids. You know your kids, we don't.

In my case, I told my daughter about my gender issues many years ago, and she's never had any issues with the grandkids staying with me for overnight stays, but that doesn't guarantee that your kids would have the same reaction.
    My name is Carol.

It seems like it would depend on how you raised your kids and how their mate's parents raised theirs. My GF is TS and she's totally out to her family and pretty much everyone else on the planet. Some of the in-laws aren't thrilled but her daughter and grandkid love her completely. (And vice versa, of course.)

I don't have children but i would hope that I would have taught them what was a threat and what wasn't. Having a black bear at home with the children...no. Having the grandparent caring for the children no matter whet they wear...Good.

If you brought your children up to hate and fear others...then, you probably should understand why the fear you
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

All 6 of my children know but as far as I know none of my 15 grandchildren do. I have and still do spend copious amounts of time with them. I imagine it all depends on how your children have been raised. Mine know there is nothing wrong with being cd and that we are not perverts.

Hopefully, by the time I am that age to have grandchildren, I will be fully converted to a doting grandmother.....

Banned Read only
    Judy,
    I can understand how you feel, all I can say is it probably won't make much difference !

My daughter knew about my dressing before she married and had children but my son was married with two young sons before I told him.

My daughter doesn't have a problem with her daughter knowing but my son has made it clear that they shouldn't know. At the moment I do agree with my wife and son that it's best they don't know, what will happen if they find out by accident I can't say.

It hasn't stopped them seeing me, I'm still a father and grandfather to them and they all know now that I'm going out dressed to social meetings. I will add that if the situation occurred if they did threaten cutting my wife and I off through my dressing, I would separate from my wife so she didn't have to suffer being cut off . I know my dressing wouldn't have stopped and wouldn't make false promises saying it would !

I have had my whole damn family show up for Thanksgiving with me in a skirt and cami, sweating over the stove (I was running late, I intended to change). Mom, brother, kids, nieces, grand-kids. Nobody cared about it. They just wanted the food and family.

"Grandpa is weird"

"Uh huh.. where do you think WE got it from?" (Props to my daughter. THATS mah girl!)

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

No grandchild yet but my two kids, that I thought I had raised right, have said that l will never see my grandchildren. I sure screwed up raising them somehow. I hope I can put our relationship back together somehow.

I have eight, ranging in age from 18 down to 2. There is no way any of them will associate their Grandad with a femme appearance.

M.