Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do we crossdress

ah yes...it has been a month since the New Year started hasn't it? The old why do we....?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I wish I had a cute answer like most of the girls here but honestly I have no answer. I still ask myself "why?". Part of joining and participating here is the hope I get some self discovery in the process. I started around 8-9 years old and am 46 now so sneaking up on 4 full decades of cross dressing in some form or fashion. Three new things to me are wearing a wig and makeup. I didn't try that until last spring so have done that less than a year. I didn't get my breast forms until this winter. Through the years I have worn just about everything else imaginable from bras and panties to full out lingerie to dresses to heels. Sometimes a single item, sometimes a fairly full ensemble. The "drive" was always there. It would fade for months but the desire always came back and I'd be sneaking around to buy some panties or a sweater dress or something to quench the desire.

I sort of had a midlife crisis last year and decided if I ever wanted to "take it to the next level" it was "go time" so I bought a wig on Amazon and some clothes and a handful of makeup at Wal Mart and off I went. Purged again at the end of summer then started again in around November of 2015.

One thing I can say is that since "going ALMOST full femme"<not full time mind you, just that when I dress, I try to look as much like a woman as I can> this winter that when I have my wig on, am made up, and fully dressed, I do feel an overwhelming sense of happiness.

Sorry to butt in on your thread, but it just got me to thinking how lost I still am!!!

Wishing I had answers!!
    Last edited by Tara Rushing; 02-01-2016 at 04:46 PM. Reason: try to clarify a point

I first "borrowed" my sister and moms clothes about age 14. Felt horribly guilty, said i would never do it again. Instead of dressing, i drew pretty women in dresses, decades later bought mail order hose, use towels as skirts, considered making high heels out of cowboy boots! Age 51, bought my first dress, still going. No complete answer! I just have a compulsion, drive to do it. Never had a steady girlfriend. First one killed herself. Always blocked from having a lover or wife. Loneliness. Deprived of female companion? I made myself her. Love female clothing. Being an unwanted blue collar lower income man. Many reasons.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 02-02-2016 at 10:11 AM.

Banned Read only
    It has and does bring a type of pleasure and happiness that I can't find anywhere else, I feel sexy (that's how I see women), the feel of putting on and wearing female clothes, this includes walking in heels and the look I see when looking in the mirror. It's being a sexy woman.

Let me give you an example, this morning I had to run errands, after showering and shaving (upper and lower) I opened my laungerie drawer and had to decide what panties and bra I would wear. Then knee high hose, boot cut girl jeans, 3" heel booties. Walking in the stores dressed from the skin out as a woman and feeling the tight feminine clothes while walking in heels just feels so femininely good. I love it !!!

Because it's fun!

I kind of thought the answers would be what most of you are saying...it gives us a chance to escape the real world and become someone else in a different fashion so to speak even if it is only for a short time...I am very happy for all of you and enjoy yourself to the fullest while dressed

A great way to escape the demands of everyday guy stuff. And why wear burlap its too rough.

Why don't all the world crossdress ?

The world just hasn't admitted get ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    ah yes...it has been a month since the New Year started hasn't it? The old why do we....?
    Since I am new here to this forum, I didn't realize that this question had been asked before...sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    Never had a steady girlfriend. First one killed herself. Always blocked from having a lover or wife. Loneliness. Deprived of female companion? I made myself her. Love female clothing. Being an unwanted blue collar lower income man. Many reasons.
    Alice, something in your post struck a chord within me. There are some parallels in our lives, even though we are substantially different. You present yourself as a woman, I do not. I dress for comfort only. I dislike trousers and other male accoutrements but feel at ease in a skirt, nylons & lingerie, which I wear all the time, underdressing when required. I dream that one day I can dispose of underdressing and go about in a skirt everywhere, without being ridiculed (remember, I present as male).
    So my reason for crossdressing? I like it.

It relaxes me and how I live the clothes

I've been CD from age 9-10, wife's found the 'hints' soe years back but made it clear it's a no-no sothe closet and clothes
    remains closed

I dress for the following reasons;
    1-to feel sensual
    2-to feel the fabulous types of fabrics that woman can experience (such as silk dresses, chiffon tops, lace ect) on their body
    3-to feel feminine especially in high heel sandals
    4-to feel cool (as in temperature) in summer time in my short, thin strappy dresses.
    5-to able to decorate my nails (hand and feet) and show them off
    6-to feel desired
    7-to feel that we can all be equal (hey women crossdress every day- how many do you see wearing shirts and pants !)

It's like a jigsaw puzzle. You know how you take the time, put all the tiny pieces together. It starts totally mixed, then it starts to take shape, then you can see what it's going to be. Finally, it's a beauty! Everything is put where it belongs. The small parts have made sense from the chaos. It's finally a clear picture of where you want to be...... then, after a few hours or a few days, you tear it up and put it back in the box. But damn, it was fun putting it together.

Aspiring Member
    I have no idea why I do but I do. I just bought a Marie Jo Bra my first one, its soft and silky and very sensual, I couldnt care for more, I love crossdressing.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

Banned Read only
    Cuz all the cool kids are doing it...right 😯

Silver Member
    Interesting comments. I just enjoyed the social context of being a girl and wearing the clothes that girls did. As I have grown older I still like the clothes. Why not wear silk blouses, cashmere sweaters, and beautiful clothes.

I know I like to dress because of the psychological aspect as well as the physical. It allows me to suspend my real life for a little while and I can leave my problems, obligations, responsibilities behind for just a little while. (Kind of like the same reason I like to golf only not as frustrating). As each level of transitioning from male to female evolves I feel more and more relaxed and at ease. And when everything is in place and I am satisfied with the way I look I then begin to enjoy the sensations and appearance of being a girl. It just feels nice to feel feminine every once in awhile.

Nice to see comments are very similar to my thoughts. There is some variation on the them, but in general if it feels good, and does not hurt anyone, then why not?
    stay pretty, christy

Every crossdresser has there own reason. I believe mine is that I was born this way. I read something about a hormonal wash that causes us to be more feminine. When I crossdress I experience several feeings, everything from relaxation from stress (when there's stress, put on a dress!) to feeling like a million bucks. My wife says women get the same feeling when they put on certain outfits. They just feel great. I enjoy that I can experience that same feeling as they do. Also, it just feels comfortable. I know some women can't walk in heels but I just took to it like a duck on water. While 4-in heels are somewhat difficult, I have no problem with 3-in heels and can walk a straight line with a little bit of hip sway. I don't want to be female. I just love women's fashion. I get the Talbot's, J Jill and other catalogs and just gaze at the clothes. i love the feel of nylon, especially wearing camisoles and nightgowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina81 View Post
    Every crossdresser has there own reason. I believe mine is that I was born this way. I read something about a hormonal wash that causes us to be more feminine. When I crossdress I experience several feeings, everything from relaxation from stress (when there's stress, put on a dress!) to feeling like a million bucks. My wife says women get the same feeling when they put on certain outfits. They just feel great. I enjoy that I can experience that same feeling as they do. Also, it just feels comfortable. I know some women can't walk in heels but I just took to it like a duck on water. While 4-in heels are somewhat difficult, I have no problem with 3-in heels and can walk a straight line with a little bit of hip sway. I don't want to be female. I just love women's fashion. I get the Talbot's, J Jill and other catalogs and just gaze at the clothes. i love the feel of nylon, especially wearing camisoles and nightgowns.
    Tina,
    whats funny is I agree with saying (being born this way), I actually have a son that also dresses, and my wife was worried about it. The funny thing is at first I felt I cured my son with my genetic, then later thought, well if it happened to him, then perhaps there is nothing wrong or perverted on how i feel, perhaps this is just me? Anyway, just wanted to bring that up as a data point
    stay pretty, christy

I dress because its a way to escape every day life and a need to express my "girly" side.

I dress for many reasons. I love the sensuous feel of the clothes on me, the textures of smooth silk and satin, nylon, chiffon and lace. I enjoy wearing and walking in heels. I am in a creative industry and I find when I dress I am far more creative and productive.

I refer you to the link in my sig. Tells everything you could want to know.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.