Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you feel more vulnerable when out en femme?

I absolutely feel vulnerable. Even though I'm a guy and can more or less handle myself, I really don't want to be struggling with some drunk, on someones lawn, while wearing heels, nylons and a short dress. The first thing to come off would likely be the wig. sniff

I certainly feel more vulnerable when out en femme. This is especially true if I am wearing a skirt or dress.
    Hugs, Carole

I have never gone to a Mall, store, restaurant, or theater while out dressed, I would like to at some point but the most I have done to date is either just go for a very long drive dressed or to a park. I feel vulnerable each and every time. I guess until we truly accept ourselves, it will always be like that.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

20 yrs ago while dressed in drab a friend and I left a bar and were heading to my car when we were stopped by an individual asking for money. In the 5 seconds it took to step around the person we were both attacked from behind. My friend was knocked unconscious immediately and I quickly followed. When I came to I had 3 broken ribs, a broken nose and a concussion. I am no push over when it comes to protecting myself but when they get you from behind with no warning things can go bad real quick. Be careful out there people.

I really do feel quite vulnerable when out clubbing en femme. While I'm easily read, there's always a pretty sizable group of trans-admirers who are attracted to me (stare at me, ask me to dance, want to hold my hand and talk, buy me a drink etc). I like the attention inside the club where I feel safe but not outside. So, I aways park in a well lit area even if I have to walk a little farther. And while you might think this is excessive, I always wear sweats and a hoodie over my female attire and a pair of running shoes to/from my car and the club. When I get to the club, I take off the sweats/hoodie/running shoes and slip on my heels. The bartenders are always kind enough to keep my things until I leave for the evening.
    Last edited by nikkiwindsor; 02-01-2016 at 03:59 PM.
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

I used to say I was big enough to handle someone who wanted to mess with me. However I know better now as even someone who didn't mean to be threat (intoxicated) was able to wrestle me for 30 minutes one night. If he had wanted to hurt me he could have. I was just trying to keep him from driving. You are vulnerable, no matter who you are.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Years ago I would visit a gay bar in a terrible section of Washington DC that had drag shows. I had to park about a quarter mile away and walk--in the five-inch heels I wore back then--to the bar. I was scared every step of the way. In the world we live in today, I am alert and watchful pretty much all the time. In a skirt and heels, I feel defending myself physically would be much harder than in jeans and sneakers, but it does not stop me from going anywhere...

I would say yes.
    Despite my being 5'11" barefoot and wearing heels most of the time I don't feel "big". There is not only the things that a woman has to consider when out, especially alone, but added to that is the always present possibility that some macho guy will resent my presence and cause an issue because of how I'm dressed.
    Not that I couldn't handle myself, but it's just something I would prefer to avoid.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Aspiring Member
    Oh I feel a little more vulnerable when out at night but usually try to park in good lighted areas and avoid any alleys or dumpersters and things like that. And anybody that is or acts like they're drunk.