Thread: For couples men and women

For couples men and women

This is for us CD and their SO, ladies. so when your man told you he is a crossdresser how did you take it, what questions did you have, what are your boundaries and would you let him take womens sleepwear to bed "nightgowns" any response would be great, I want to tell my SO but need comments from women on how to approach the subject

As a CD that has told a few friends they seemed real welcoming. One did surprise when they asked if I were gay or bi and I respond by saying no and it's something I like to do. But before I said anything I made simple comments about people and movies that dealt with CDs. that way i know if they are welcoming or going to be judgmental.

I do not no either you or your wife - but honestly sooner rather than later seems to be appreciated by partners

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    I do not recommend wearing any women's nightwear to be with your SO. The change in her life should be as minimal as possible. Asking her to experience six, seven, eight hours next to you with you not as the you she thought she married may be more hours experience than she wants. It may diminish the number of hours you get to be enfemme when not sleeping.

You have a better chance of making this work if you consider her viewpoint along with yours.

I do not recommend wearing any women's nightwear to be with your SO. The change in her life should be as minimal as possible.
    Also remember that women need a support system, people to talk to about their problems, and in this case, you, alone, are not going to be enough no matter how much you want to be. Try to figure out who else she might be able to reach out to about this. Maybe get some books about the topic, but don't insist that she immediately start reading them, either. Reine will surely contribute soon.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Your wife married a man, and in all probability wants that man next to her in the bed, not someone dressed in a silk nightie.
    Jon

It really depends on the couple. Some women are more okay with it than others. In our case, my girlfriend was the one to coax me into exploring this side of myself. She figured it out pretty quickly and helped me push my boundaries to figure out what I was or wasn't comfortable with. Throughout the process we had clear, open communication with each other. She told me what her boundaries were, and I told her mine. When we hit snags, we discussed a way to resolve them or just didn't try that anymore.

Some days she asks me to sleep in a night gown. Some days she prefers I sleep an homme in boxers. Most of the time, she just let's me sleep how I feel like, and I do the same with her. The key being we are open and honest about it.

Frankly, she took me being transgender better than I did. Anyway, I realize my experience probably differs from the norm. But the key takeaway is communication.