Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pick One

Pick One

Ok, I admit that I'm a cd/tv or whatever others may refer to us as. Personally, I am proud of who I am and just love the lifestyle. My question is are you proud or ashamed of who you are?

Now I know who (or what) I am and have been accepted by the most significant (other) person in my life I view myself maybe more as gifted rather than proud, but definitely not ashamed anymore.

Lilly x

Hi Donna, Thanks for the question. I am older and am not "proud", but have accepted my enjoyment of crossdressing. It really helped to have shared my crossdressing with a good gg friend and with my now wife. I was ashamed when I was younger and I was trying to quit crossdressing.

No I am not. That's a long way from acceptance but I am glad I have this side of me and I strive to accept it more and more everyday

Banned Read only
    The question is wrong. It shouldn't be "who" but "what".

Who you are and what you are are two totally separate issues.

What you are is a CD/Trans....whatever.

Who you are is a deeper and more personal question.

So;

Am I proud of who I am? Yes. I've got no reason not to be.

Am I proud of what I am? Meh. I am what I am and that's all that I am.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    So proud of my crossdressing that I often wear this shirt (guy mode or gal mode) and hope that I am spotted as a crossdresser when dressed up pretty! In otherwords hope I don't "pass" when dressed enfemme as am proud to be looked at as a crossdresser having fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 01-19-2016 at 07:11 PM.

Not any more. I don't make a big deal of being a crossdresser, but if anyone asks I'll tell them.
    It's complicated, then again it's simple ... where did I put that skirt?

Chantal, your answer is very refreshing. You have made me consider crossdressing differently....I think you have helped me. Thank you

I was ashamed for years.....now I am proud
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Neither, but I do love being a CD.

I am happy to be me!!!
    Please call me Lisa!

Platinum Member
    Hi Donna, I totally enjoy having the best of both worlds. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Proudly proud!

I have a vague feeling of deja vu. Oh well. No, I'm not proud to be a crossdresser. It's just what I am. Like being white, or male, or from a certain country; it doesn't tell you anything about who I am as a person, just what I'm made of and what mold I developed in. Shame? Not so much anymore. When I was a kid, yeah. But once I figured out it wasn't my fault, the shame gradually diminished to the point it's not there unless someone I really care about feels hurt about it. Kind of like when my wife found out, and was horrified at the idea. But I got over that, too.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Well let me add that im not proud of myself , its gonna take alot to actually come out and tell anyone in my family that i crossdress. My wife supports me all the way but as of yet ive only been out a few times as gabriella and that has been at parties with people i dont know. I hope that this summer i can go to the beach dressed as my fem.

I'm happy to be in male and or female. Best of both worlds.
    Part Time Girl

I'm still figuring out where I lie on the lines with my therapist, but I am willing to admit I am cd/tv if asked. I still need a lot of work to pull the look off, but i got time to practice.
    -kat
    "There's a she wolf in the closet, open up and set her free" - shakira

I am pleased with the person I am (though I continue to evolve) - that includes the cd and tg part of me

Neither one of the choices fit me, I just take it as it goes.

Been at it for too long to run an analysis on the condition. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It's a tricky question with no straight answer I think. I am proud of things I do and things I create. I don't consider that I could be proud of who or what I am, I am who I am and thats it. On the other hand, I've felt ashamed on occasions related or not to Cding, and that doesnt reflect at all what I think about myself overall.

I used to be ashamed. Now, I am not necessarily proud of who I am when it comes to being a crossdresser, but I am fine within myself that I am who I am. I feel stronger for it.
    Di

Banned Read only
    D I:

Interesting question. Gaining on the Pride part, but I'm definitely Not Ashamed as I came out to just over 200 people back in October. Of that 200+, ~130 saw DeeAnn dressed and the rest saw a photo. I had The Discussion with my daughter and son, 7-8 close friends and my department manager.

DeeAnn

Neither yet, I have been very ashamed in the past and am still very hesitant to let anyone else know. It's part of me, though, so I am not ashamed of it nor am I proud of it. There's a fine line between the two, I agree.

Proud, it's others around me who are ashamed

I love being a crossdresser, its part of me and i enjoy my feminine side. So yes im proud of the lifestyle.