Thread: Sales Lady Again

Reality Check

Sales Lady Again

My wife and I had to run an errand so on the way home we stopped in a department store. We got two blouses on clearance. Waiting in line to check out, my wife was browsing some merchandise when it was time for us to check out. I walked up and put the blouses on the counter. Sales lady: Did you find everything you were looking for?. Before I could answer she corrected herself: "Did she find everything she was looking for?"

My wife said "Yes." The sales lady said (to me): "Maybe she will loan them to you." My wife said "Yes, he can borrow them whenever he wants to".

Banned Read only
    This is just me, I would have looked her in the eye and said not that it matters but exactly what are you saying. If her answer was positive I would had said thank you, if it was negative I would have said it's really none of your business what is right or wrong for me to wear and I want to speak too your manager.

Reality Check
    Really? She was just making small talk. She was smiling and kidding. I can't see any good coming from making a scene or trying to get an employee in trouble. We shop in this store on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Before I could answer she corrected herself: "Did she find everything she was looking for?"
    Looks like your wife beat you on the draw there Krisi, otherwise you could have responded and countered the SA

Sounds like you all are locals there and no harm no foul :slaphippo:
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

I love this kind of kidding around, it happens to me quite a bit at Fabricland when I pick up materials. The girls ask what are you doing, I say making a new dress or the wife will say its a dress for him. If they look stunned the SO says he sometimes turns into a she.

Aspiring Member
    Sounds like a sa with a sense of humor

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    This is just me, I would have looked her in the eye and said not that it matters but exactly what are you saying. If her answer was positive I would had said thank you, if it was negative I would have said it's really none of your business what is right or wrong for me to wear and I want to speak too your manager.
    This is what you would do???????
    Acting like that is the last thing you want to do IMO.
    If you want respect you have to give it.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 02-02-2016 at 12:30 PM.

Some SA are better than others one in a dance store held me by the hand
    When I told her I needed help with leotards and they were for me.
    She picked out a leotard with matching tights insisting I try them on
    In dressing room

Cute story Krisi, thanks for sharing. I'm the type to enjoy a little good natured banter with an SA.

Karen

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I like the lighthearted banter too. Why not? It can be a dull and drab world sometimes and a little interaction with fellow human beings can perk it up.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Platinum Member
    Hi Krisi,That's what makes sopping so much fun. ~~.....
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Fun story, Krisi! I like the fun banter. Would NOT have made a scene or challenged. I like to keep this fun and have no need to make an example out of a SA. I don't think she meant anything of it, just friendly conversation. Little did she know

Nice story! I would have smiled!

Hi Krisi, My wife an I were shoping in Stine mart, we were in the blouse section when a women walked up to us an she asked my wife if she could rent me. I was in male mode. We looked at her an she said look up in the front of the store, there is my husband sitting there looking at his watch. Your husband has been in ever department helping you. I smiled , she then said that she was a little confused as she seen us pick out two of the same things. I told her I was a C D and we go out as sisters some times. She looked at my wife an said I want one. We laugh but she was serious . Made my day. Jo

Sometimes I think that we spend too much time and energy worrying about what some random SA or cashier thinks or says. In most cases, once the transaction is completed, we are unlikely to ever see them again. So....who cares?

My experience has been, buying for my wife for 30+ years at every retail outlet, VS, Ann Taylor, Talbot's etc (yes really for her) and now buying for myself. No one cares.

Silver Member
    Nice story Krisi and no need for a scene. The other story about the hubby distancing himself from the attacking women's clothes is more common and all the SA was doing was being pleasant and aiming for the neutral ground. The hubby by the door always intrigued me even as a kid when I had no clue about a crossdresser. You went with her to shop why stop at the door or edge of the dress department? What is the deterrent?

I don't think the SA was kidding around by calling you a "she" as a male. I think she was being respectful and assuming you may identify as female and possibly undergoing transition if she has seen you there before as a "she". If shes only seen you as a male buying women's clothes then that could be a bit awkward I suppose.
    You're a Daisy if you do! -Doc Holliday

Reality Check
    GenieGirl, I think you got something out of my post entirely different than what I was trying to convey. I have never been to this store as a "she". I was shopping with my wife and there was no indication that the clothes were for anyone but her. Just a good husband helping his wife shop.

Banned Read only
    Having fun with SAs is so enjoyable, but I prefer to be on my own !

I don't think we should entirely ignore Genie's comment, we assume we're the only CDer in the equation but the SA may have a partner that is TG or even TS, they are human beings with their own lives , possibly as complex as ours, we should treat them with some respect as well as expect it .

Being a lifetime bachelor loner, with few friends, i almost depend on banter with cashiers, to survive in life. A number of times when i went out dressed, i outed myself to the cashiers. usually humorously.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Sales lady: Did you find everything you were looking for?. Before I could answer she corrected herself:.
    This is just an example of an SA in auto mode. Next customer, ask the stock questions;

:START
    Did you find everything you were looking for?
    How would you like to pay?
    Do you have a store card?
    Do you want the receipt in the bag?
    Thanks and have a nice day.

'next customer
    :Go to START

It's as this been said so many times here, SA's don't really take that much notice. They're more concerned with keeping the queues moving.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha981 View Post
    Fun story, Krisi! I like the fun banter. Would NOT have made a scene or challenged. I like to keep this fun and have no need to make an example out of a SA. I don't think she meant anything of it, just friendly conversation. Little did she know
    Samantha...I totally agree with you on this...we can't go around being defensive and overly aggressive. This is supposed to be fun...better to keep a light hearted nature and perhaps make a new friend in the process.

Just yesterday, I was browsing the clearance rack at Lane Bryant, in male clothes, when a young, tall and good looking sales assistant approached me and said "Hi! I'm Nancy, can I help you?" I simply said "Hi!, I'm Don or maybe DonnaSue if I were wearing this" Well that broke the ice. She told me that, in the SA training they were instructed how to address and wait on CD's that come in. She was very open and talkative, looking at the top I had selected and told me that it would be so nice to wear a long necklace with this top since it will emphasize you chest! She assisted me in unlocking the dressing room and came back there to check on me. I opened the door and asked her if the top I had on was too sheer and she suggested that I would need a cami with it. Later, when I was checking out, she told me that she really enjoyed meeting me and hoped that I would look for her on my next visit. I loved this lady and the manner in which she treated me!

Reality Check
    That's how a store owner would hope his/her salespeople would act with customers and that's a salesperson who will be successful in that job and probably any job she chooses. I'll be you go back to see her the next time you need clothing.