Thread: Finally Escaped my bubble with a little help

Red face Finally Escaped my bubble with a little help

Hello Ladies,

I typically just lurk here and read through all the posts, and rarely post anything. In this case I kind of felt like it was time. First off...I have been dating an amazing lady who just accepted me...all of me...for about 8 months. She occasionally will show her level of acceptance and ask me to dress up when we have dinner at my place. In the past she has asked if I wanted to go out to a club fully dressed, and has encouraged me to just be who I wish to be without any judgement. This past weekend we finally had a ladies night out to a local LGBT club. I had so much fun playing pool, learning how to deal with how boobs throw off your stick follow through. Trying to keep my hair out of my face, navigating how to get low enough to aim wearing 4" stiletto heels, and of course trying to modestly keep my butt covered wearing a short skirt.

I obviously am not passable, and got read several times...but no one in the club cared. So for those of you out there who really want to try getting outside those four walls...find a place like that where the patrons are a mix of humanity...and go have fun. The only downside to the night...my poor feet were killing me towards the end of the night. My lady was laughing so hard when I told her about it...her comment..."Now you know what we deal with" LOL

This was a huge confidence booster...and we are already planning another outing to the city to give me an opportunity to walk around in public between different clubs.

I am glad you have someone to share your adventures with

Hell-o Randi,
    Congrats on getting out! I remember how it felt (and still does) waiting
    for all that planning, thinking, dreaming, and replanning to make that night to happen.
    Sounds like that bubble bursting really opened up your world!
    A night out in "The City" is always a lot of fun, and any of the TG friendly
    clubs are a great place to get your feet out in public. Try a walk up and down Castro St.
    next time. It's busy with all sorts of people that couldn't give a crap about you!
    (You may even find it kind of a buzz kill that no one seems to care)
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

hi randi,
    happy you found one of those special ladies for yourself,
    with practice i guess you will be hustling at the table in no time,
    i dont think i fool anyone with a second look but i surprise myself and make the best of it,
    thanks for sharing.....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Congrats Brandi, I enjoyed reading about your successful first outing. The lady you're dating sounds amazing indeed. Keep your wits about you, and continue to enjoy.

Karen

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    Hugs to you and your special SO. Hang on to each other - you're both "keepers"! And go out all you can, it's so much fun. Try dancing, Julie and I love it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

Banned Read only
    Good for you Randi. The first time is the scariest. Please do not think you must limit yourself to LGBT clubs, especially if you are heading into San Francisco. The normals will react the same way to you. Go anywhere you want.

happy to hear you had a good time

That's awesome! Most of the time I go out in public crossed it to LGBT centers and what not. They usually are one step ahead and can give you a lot of tips. The most I have been out in public is walking around uptown(downtown) Charlotte. Sounds like a good time and it's great you have a accepting SO!
    You have to be odd to be number one. ~ Dr. Seuss

Banned Read only
    Wow Randi, great to hear you had such a great time (sorry about your sore feet though 😉 ). I do admit I'm kinda (like totally) jealous though! 😉

Join in on the conversations, sounds like you have a lot of positive inspiration you can share!

You are so lucky to have such support.

Enjoy all of it and discover the rest of the Bay Area in a dress. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.