Thread: So Tara lost her big girl panties!

So Tara lost her big girl panties!

I had heard that our Target had installed self checkouts and needed a few items so went to check it out. I was immediately disappointed to find out the rumor (or rumour for my friends across the pond) was not true. There were no self checkouts to be found. I still thought to myself, "here's a chance to 'own it' a little" and buy a femme product through a regular lane. I had come needing tweezers, some light brown/blonde eyebrow pencil(s), and if I could find any a cute pair of shoes. Well, I found a cute pair of off brand shoes in size 11, and browsed the makeup section right along with several ladies like a boss, but when it came to going up and paying, I just COULDN'T do it! I just kept and bought the tweezers and put the other items back up.

One step forward and two steps back. I am feeling very at home in the makeup isle these days perhaps next time I will have the heart to go through a regular lane if need be.

On the positive side, so many cute middle age women in Target today! Wow, much better scenery than Wal Mart! Oh the ideas that run through a cross dresser's mind when checking out a hot soccer mom.......

Now where did I put those panties?!?!?!?!
    Last edited by Lorileah; 02-02-2016 at 04:50 PM. Reason: sprry, English only

It's not illegal just buy what you want to
    I was once buying a mini skirt and the female cashier said I hope this looks good on you. I said I hope so to

hiya Tara,

nah, that's 2 forward, 1 back.. next time sweetie, next time!

it's a pitty we can't go shop together, would be fun

x Tara

Tara and Tara on the town! Sounds fab!! I know it'd be a blast....

Banned Read only
    Several of the Targets (western Washington State) have self checkout stations. In the stores near me the stations are all in the same feeder lines which also has a return station. With Valentine's Day next week it's the perfect time to load up on makeup and makeup gift sets. If you want to fake it buy a nice Valentine card for some sweetheart in your life...yourself!

I have been threw that. I now use the excuse that it's my gf birthday or something if they ask.
    You have to be odd to be number one. ~ Dr. Seuss

Banned Read only
    Tara, try to think of the WORST thing that could happen. The WORST. The checker smirks? Laughs? Winks? Are you any less a person than the moment before?

I'll share a story with you. I was buying some shoes at DSW (Designer Shoe Warehouse for those not in the know). I was dressed in a skirt and casual top. This is what I was wearing: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ght=haircut%2C I found two pair of shoes I liked and took them to the register. An older lady (let's say 60's) was smiling as I approached and with a, "Did you find everything ok?" she took my boxes. She's chatting with me, I pay and my card is declined (traveling out of state this sometimes happens). I swipe again and declined again. I dig in my purse for my money clip (yep, I drop my money clip into my purse). Get a second card, ok, and off I go. The checker was smiling the whole time and thanking me for being patient. I PROMISE you she knew I was a dude. She didn't care. Your money is green, that's all that matters.

Here's what he or she is thinking: take item, move through scanner, wait for beep, take next item. They're all just items. While YOU know why you are buying them, do they? Really? And, do you care what they think? Next time, put the items down like they were power tools. It's a non thing, really.

I love self checkout, make sure everything has a good barcode on it.

Sometimes if there's a checkout girl my daughters age I won't buy anything fem, thinking she might know my daughter.

That's all I need "Hey I saw your dad yesterday buying lipstick"
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I have checked out panties at the regular register more than once.. I have used the self-check. I have even had to ask for assistance.

NOBODY SAYS A WORD.

It is just 'items' people. Nobody is looking at what you buy. Even if they are, they are trained not to say anything.

Even if they did, what would that matter? Do you care about some SA's opinion?

Honest.

- MM
    Last edited by mechamoose; 02-02-2016 at 08:14 PM.
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Before I started dressing, I used to buy female products for my wife when she did not have the time to shop. I never thought anything special about it.

The first time I bought Claire some make up, I almost could not do it. Then I realized that I used to do buy similar items for my wife and never had any bad comments or strange looks doing it. So I went to the cashier and everything went just fine, really no big deal .
    - Claire

Bought a purse and a bra going thru the checkout line. Cashier was carrying on a conversation with me the whole time. She didn't care, was just happy to help a customer.

Silver Member
    I have had SA refuse to believe me when I've told them the bra was for me. The other day I asked if the store had a particular bra and style. When the SA said not at that store I told her too bad it was my favorite while buying two others.

Silver Member
    Hi, Tara. I have never shopped for feminine finery en fem, always as a guy and that includes everything from lingerie to dresses*and two wigs. Just look and act natural. Don't avoid people or try to hide what you are doing. Today, I was in a discount store, and there was a lot of makeuo on sale in bins. I started to rummage thru them with the GGs. They never made a comment! I bought 6 makeup items, including 4 lipsticks. When you have to check out with a cashier, check the name tag, and as soon as its your turn, say "Hi,(name), how ya doing". then start a pleasant conversation. This will absolutely disarm the cashier, so no snide or rude remarks are made. IT WORKS!

Hi Tara, No worries, you will find your big girl panties! We all proceed at our own pace, and like every time out is a learning experience. Lots of positive support here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    yes baby steps.....it will come with time , and as your confidence in yourself grows...there was a time I was affraid to buy makeup, and like you I passed that, shoes made me weird, then it was skirts and dresses...little by little I got past all of that ....it goes back to your teirs theory LOL.....gotta keep moving up those shopping teirs too i guess xoxo

BTW .....THIS IS THE WEEK to buy sexy lingerie....its valentines day soon !!!!! Just use the old "Do you have a gift box" and a gift recipt routine xoxo

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    We are all that way at first I wouldn't worry too much.
    I always try to strike up a chat with the cashier by saying I hope you are having a great day.Most will say thanks.
    Had a few say did you find the right size? Or "you picked out some cute items".
    It gets easier.

I've only had 1 experience that I can think of where, dressed in drab, when buying a fem item, a dress, a SA after taking the cash said ' I'm sure the dress will suit you nicely' I just smiled said ' I'm sure it will' and left but her boss had a go at her, told her that wasn't what she should be saying. x
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

Hi Tara
    Lots of the girls say it is easy, and it is once you have bought fem stuff a few times, but the first time is the hardest.
    Start small, but one thing, pick an older cashier if there is one, they have seen it all, say hello , have a chat, make a joke, once you've done it you'll wonder why you worried.

Best of luck.
    Jennie x

The other day I was buying a cute black mini skirt at Goodwill. The girl at the checkout said, "nice skirt" and I replied, "Yeah, I hope it fits." She laughed and checked me out. I am not to the point of trying clothes on, but I have been buying clothes and lingerie for my wife for years. Only difference now, I'm buying for me. If they say something about size or fitting me, etc, I usually agree. I don't think many people really care. Oh, and the skirt fit perfectly.

I often shop with my wife and daughters, normally one of us stays at the checkout and the rest go for more shopping or to have a cofee, so often I am checking oit female stuff, no one ever makes any comment. So when I buy for myself on my own i just remember that they do not care snd proceed normally.

I think the easy part is the checkout, especially when they say "It will look good on you."

I have so many replies for that line. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.