Thread: Sales assistant acceptance

Sales assistant acceptance

Short story but I use to visit a lingerie store where I use to live and they allowed me to try on different items of lingerie, bras corsets, nightgowns and robes, I eventually moved many hours away and haven't been able to go back to that store, so I summoned the courage to find another lingerie store on Facebook just over an hour away and asked them if they were comfortable with me coming into the store to try on some lingerie, "crossdress" they said yes I was completely welcome and asked was there anything in particular I'm looking for, so I told them what I like and even specially ordered something in for me can't wait till it arrives at the store so I can go and try some sleepwear and lingerie on, I really love it when women with an open mind allow people who CD into their stores with open arms and allow them to try on different items of lingerie can't wait to have this experience.

It sounds lovely, but you said a couple of times "try on." I home you actually buy something during your visit. Just going and trying on lingerie comes across as a little creepy.

Banned Read only
    You are nothing more than dollar signs to them. They'd be stupid to pass up a potential sale.

We should support stores that welcome us and when we buy, buy from them. It takes discipline not to buy everything!

I've always had accepting SA's when shopping, whether at lingerie or regular women's clothing stores and offers for help and when ready showing me where the dressing rooms are. I also know that I don't "pass" when up close speaking w/ an SA, only at a distance or in a crowd at a mall. So they know who I am and don't give me a look or anything, all smiles and help.

Laurana is right... why would they treat me or you any other way, if we're going to spend our cash there. I do notice a little difference between younger and older SA's - all help - but younger appear more helpful. Could be my imagination too . They could also ignore us an hope we go away and they don't so I will take that as a positive too.

Banned Read only
    Agree with all of the threads above, that said, is acceptance coming faster than we think ??

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    Open minds = open wallets. They know that money is good
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

Aspiring Member
    I had a similar experience recently. I wrote Addition-Elle and La Senza customer service asking if a crossdresser was welcome to shop there. Both replied that indeed we were, and that they encouraged me to schedule a fitting. I needed a dress and a bra that fits, so I started with Addition-Elle. Their CS contacted the store I wanted to shop at, and the manager called back within a day and scheduled me to come in on a weekday morning when the store was quiet. I showed up at 10 am, and had a blast shopping and trying on dresses, being fitted with a bra, and trying on some shoes. The SA was most helpful in choosing styles that suited me and enhanced what little bust I had while de-emphasizing my tummy. Well I came out with a shopping bag with two dresses, a bra, two tops and a pair of shoes. That pretty much blew my budget so La Senza will have to wait. The SA was fabulous, using my femme name and refering to me in the feminine gender (we were speaking French). She was also very encouraging about my transition telling me not to worry, I'll look fine. Once the wallet recovers a bit I hope to go back soon.

that is what i call great service.....clever of you to call

As long as you buy something you will always have friends in that shop.

I have a couple of haunts like that and they always welcome me.

They love the colour of my money.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

If I found a place that accepted me for who i am, they have my business!
    stay pretty, christy

Aspiring Member
    I did find such a place. And when I left, the SA (actually the manager of the store) told me to spread the word among the CD community that we are MOST welcome at her store.

Money is usually good with an SA. Not saying that it shouldn't be a good positive experience for us. SA's tend to see a lot of variety of the human kind, so we probably do not stand out as much to them as to most other people. I also think or am assuming we are likely among the most thankful of their service for us and we probably make some of the most pleasant customers too, so it may go both ways, SA's may really get more from us then the average customer. I would just make sure to make some purchases and not use it as a means to just CD.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I have found a lingerie store here in Calgary where the staff have been very helpful. I'd read a review that stated that the were CD friendly and when I went in I first explained that I was looking for something for myself. The young lady said that they get a lot of men in there and she really went out of her way to put me at ease.

Today, I stopped at a beauty salon to book a makeover on the weekend. The ladies there were so accommodating, saying that this was perfectly normal. They asked questions about what look I wanted and had ideas and recommendations. They said I could bring my outfit and wig with me and change into it after we are done! So cool and accepting.

Banned Read only
    Great to hear you found an accepting place to shop, what a great feeling 😀

I don't doubt these places are no stranger to 'us' and they should be more than just tolerant...dare I say encouraging. Money is money and I think we're actually very easy going customers 😉

Silver Member
    I will also mention that there is a little bit more of a need for you to buy as well as just looking and trying on. GG's can come and go without a purchase but for us we need to be mindful that the SELL women's clothes not just lend them to us to try on.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    At the VF Outlet where I work, sales are so bad right now, (as I imagine is the case in most retail places after Christmas) that our store manager would kill to get ANYONE who might spend money in the door.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    recently a friend of mine and I went to the mall, i was dressed, she wasnt....she wanted to stop in victoria secrets to buy some new bras...the sales girl was extremely helpful, spent 20 minutes with my friend while i tried every perfume in the place LOL...she even let my friend try on the bras in the fitting room...while she was in there the sa struck up a conversation with me and was extremely nice and supportive,,,,it honestly brought a tear to my eye to feel so accepted....my friend left with 3 bras ! Torrid we had a similar experience, and H & M was awesome too, of coarse I HAD to have the blazer that was up waayy to high and needed assistance....the whole day not 1 issue from sales people, one sales rep from forever 21 kinda gave that " your a dude, but your doing just fine grin" ...not that it was a bad thing and if thats the worst..ill take it xoxo

Good luck to you. What a joy it is to know accepting sales assistants.
    Di

I am just getting the nerve up to get assistance in a store for purchasing items.
    I have been on line with Lane Bryant CS and they say "LB is a womans clothing store, they are more then willing to assist male customers" They even suggested calling the store and setting up a time for a bra fitting and the SA's would be more than helpful in finding clothing that I would like and that fits. I did go to LB this past week and browsed and as some said earlier, I felt a little like a creeper being in drab mode. The SA's were very pleasant and helpful though.

Making progress in getting brave enough to request assistance.

Randi

I am planning on going to a LB and Torrid store about an hour away from me for my first bra fitting sometime this month. I am nervous about doing this. My wife will be going with me, so I hope that with her being there will calm my nerves. Nice to read others' stories of acceptance from SA's. Hope to be able to write my own story of my first shopping experience.

Aspiring Member
    My experience at Addition-Elle was a real ice-breaker for me. I was a wee bit nervous at first but the SA immediately put me at ease and after that it was just plain fun!

Many years... actually decades... ago I had a bra and breast form fitting. Pre-internet days. Required some phone calls to find a trans-friendly place. I've checked and the store, and the lady who fit me, are still in business so I may go back. That was a pleasant experience as well. No judgement, just friendly professional service making sure everything fit. Even back then there were lingerie stores that would cater to us, and I frequented a couple that would let me try things on.

I think my biggest fear now would be running into someone I know in the store, so I go at quiet times. But the SAs I've dealt with have put me at ease so next time I go I'll feel perfectly calm.