Thread: Close Call

Close Call

My wife calls me and asks if I wanted anything from Whole Foods Market I said " No". Thinking she is just started shopping there she won't be home for a hour or more and that I can get dressed for the first time in 3 months. So I go down stairs and start getting dressed. I put on my bra and panties then my hose and dress and heels find a wig put it on get it right. Then some earrings then lipstick and mascara. I go over to the computer and sit down and was about to come to the forum when I hear someone upstairs walking around calling for my dog.

When my wife called me she was leaving the market and was home in less than 30 minutes. I take off my heels knowing that they would make noise running across the hard floor. Stripping cloths off as I went. I left on the hose and panties slipped on my jeans and sweat shirt. Put the dress and bra under the sofa put on my socks to hide the hose. Grabbed the wig and heels and put them in my tool box. Took the rest of my stash the I had out put it under my work bench and put a drop cloth over it just as my wife came down stairs. Just as she walked into my work room I grabbed a rag to wipe off the lipstick.

Was lucky the computer went into the sleep mold because I forgot to log off.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Banned Read only
    Wow Glenda, nothing like a little drama, thanks for sharing! Talk about walking on the edge girl, might be time for the 'big gulp' conversation? 😒

Oh my Glenda, I'm glad you made it!!! My heart was racing as I read your post My closest call was when just wearing some lipstick and mascara when the garage door opens a few hours early. I won't fully dress unless I have hours to spare, ideally when my SO visits family out of town, or if I am out of town on my own.

Happy you made it!!

How did you get the mascara off that quickly?

Banned Read only
    Shayna,
    I was about to ask the same question !

Glenda,
    If you know you have limited time the sensible thing to do is wear something easy , not a dress where a zip could get stuck and no makeup, it's such a waste !

I remember your previous post about your wife's change of attitude and three months is a long time but try not give yourself a heart attack by snatching some dressing time !
    There does come a time when all this has to stop I know it's difficult for you but you have to negotiate some definite dressing time !

I could feel the rush/panic through your story, as I recalled several such instances. So glad you made it!!!
    I'll wish for some times ahead for you to get the chance to dress in more relaxed circumstances. Good luck!
    Di

Aspiring Member
    Been there myself Glenda. Glad you made it back to yourself. One good thing atleast you didn't have to worry about heel marks in the carpet like I did.

I've been there a few times myself.

I suppose you were lucky to make it out of this without damaging your garmets, injuring yourself or getting caught by your wife.

I feel sad though for you ladies who have to hide your dressing up / clothes from your SO's.
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

Had several of those close calls my self until one day I finally got caught. Be careful girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayna View Post
    How did you get the mascara off that quickly?
    I don't know how Glenda did it but I raced up to the bathroom and furiously scrubbed by lashes under soap and water. Also avoid waterproof mascara - that is a bear to get off without the right eye makeup remover. Lessons learned. Nice part about being here I can learn lessons the easy way not the hard way

Oh, and you know how some lipsticks will stain (not the lipstains, just bright/bold color lipstick) after being on more than 15 minutes? I make sure to use nude shades when I just have a couple hours

Wow! That was close! This sure brings back some bad memories of my being married days. Always had a stash in hiding somewhere in the house. It was a large house so there was plenty of hiding places, but I remember the sneaking around and always being fearful of getting caught. No worries these days as I am single with my own home and wonderful closet filled with all my womanly clothing. My thirty something son lives with me and he knows and is pretty indifferent about me being dressed up and simply moving about the house doing whatever I need to do.....sometimes he just walks past me and rolls his eyes. I feel bad for all the ladies out there that go through the hiding/sneaking around thing.....I wouldn't be back to that for anything! Hugs to all that live like that....

I`m With Robin Here... Time for a talk with the wife... If you cant be honest with each other.. your both just Lying to each other.. so what`s the point of being together??? Bone up Babe!!!
    Tonya Rose This is me! (song by camp rock)

Sounds as if Harry Houdini "ain't got nuthin'" on you, Glenda...

AS for the mascara I wear it everyday plus I wear glasses with a tint in them. So no problem there.

Yes I have talked to her about my dressing before we got married. But lately she has been stressing about her kids. So I think things here don't help her. But I'm not going to stop been doing this for 64 yrs.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Reality Check
    There are some people here who believe they will never get caught. That's until they do.

Back when I was hiding my dressing from my wife I had several close calls. And I wasn't even wearing makeup, wigs or heels, just a bra and boobs. And I was constantly worrying about my wife coming home unexpectedly.

It's not a matter of if you get caught, it's a matter of when you get caught.