Thread: House Sitting

Red face House Sitting

So over the weekend I had to watch my moms house as she was out of town at the beach. While most of the stuff in my old room is now gone and at my house now, some is still there. More less just boxes I just never came back for. I decided to go back threw these boxes, in one of these boxes (which I can't believe I left be hide) had some old cding stuff of mine. In this box was something that was very important to me...my first dress. Honestly I was kinda mad of my self for leaving it there.

I was like well no one is home, so might was well see if it fits. I tried in one for the first time in almost 3 years. Surprisingly it fit, I put on some leggings that was in the box too and took some pictures. Instead of taking it back off, I wore it for the rest of the day. As nobody is coming my and I'm not going anywhere. Brought back some good memories. Have any of you felt the same when I found something like that?
    You have to be odd to be number one. ~ Dr. Seuss

Silver Member
    Did your mother know?

I was very lucky. As my sisters moved on college and marriage they left things behind which I claimed. My mother knew that i wore the clothes but didn't discuss it. Several years back I went home and she wanted me take take my things. She had boxed it all up. When I looked in the boxes there were petticoats, slips, and all kinds of vintage clothing from the 50s and 60s. Several prom dresses which even had the old hoops for the skirts. Guess she figured she might as well accept things as they are.

Never left items behind, but have put items away and a year or so later find it/them again.

Who is house sitting for you?
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

While my kids were growing up for about fifteen years I never had NO time/chance to have (Play Time Dress-up) so I put my goodies in a basement I had excess to.

After the children got older and move out I figured it was time to bring the goodies home. Four large boxes.

I went through it and got rid of half and kept the best of the best and yes some of the dresses the I've had for thirty years brought back found memories.
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 02-08-2016 at 09:08 PM. Reason: typo
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Reality Check
    Just hope your mother doesn't have security cameras in the house.

My parents found the first pair of heels I bought when I was 16 years old.I remember saving my hard earned money for them.I was happy to reunite with them and they still fit