Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Closet CD's, do u ever tire of looking pretty?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation Closet CD's, do u ever tire of looking pretty?

I'm gearing this toward CD's that don't dress that often. Unlike TS's that dress fem all the time. When we closet CD's do dress, we're more likely to go the whole 9 yards!
    And, try to look as pretty, sexy, hot, etc. as we able to while suiting r own tastes at the same time.

Years ago, the man who makes the Femskin suits I wear said, "Some fetish dressers want to look attractive. But, others want to look like a nasty old hag".

That comment shocked me! Why would anyone try to look gross? Then, 3 years ago I attended a rubber fetish event where many of the attendees looked gross to me. Many of them liked looking freaky, homely, ridiculous, not attractive in any way.

But, over the years what that man said stuck with me. Sometimes now, at home and in private I get tired of becoming that pretty woman over and over. Altho I don't get the erotic thrill I get from being Sherry while portraying women that r pregnant, overweight, trailer trash trampy, or cartoon and others fantasy characters, I do get a tremendous amount of satisfaction if my efforts look good, (which may mean "really bad" with some characters).

That not withstanding, I'm continally trying to improve Sherry's looks top to bottom.

Does anyone else do this? Do u ever get tired of trying to appear as a pretty woman and occasionally play around with strange, bizarre, even grotesque fem looks in private?
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 02-26-2016 at 12:22 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    I guess I'm first in tonight. My simple answer is whenever I dress it is all in--100%. It's a pretty dress. It's a bra, panty, slip, garter girdle or girdle, hosiery, heels and wig. I do usually forego the makeup because it is a hassle. Do GG's wear makeup every hour they are awake? No! I have no interest in making myself up to look bizarre, weird, "Night of the Living Dead" walker, or even a Halloween character. I will do the makeup if I have a lot of time for Stephanie to express herself. And, if I do not have enough time available to be en femme, I no longer grab some "crumbs of time."

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I hear ya' Sherry. Going the full passable route requires larger time blocks than I usually have so I do a lot of no makeup looks, exaggerated proportion things or like, man with boobs stuff.
    It's all good!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Silver Member
    I remember the FemSkin guy saying the thing about how some want to be a "hag" in that in the documentary you were in. I suspect those who do that, are in fact attracted to that kind of woman (beauty being relative.) I would imagine those who dress up and use prosthetics to appear as a very, very large women are attracted to women who are very very large etc. I am attracted to mature women, and have dressed as a mature women before on occasion, such as dressing in more old fashioned clothes, fwigs that are slightly frosted and have a little gray, old fashioned large glasses etc. (Some consider presentiation to be very odd... primarily trans people who are mature.)

They could also find being dressed as a "hag" to be empowering, perhaps they are dressing like the women who have held power over them.

Never tire of looking adorable, or trying to.

But some days casual stuff fits better. And it really it almost as much fun, but you have to be a bit more cerebral out it.

Reality Check
    I just try to look like the sister I never had. By "pretty", I suspect you mean all dolled up with makeup, high heels, miniskirt, etc. I seldom do that because I'm not going out to a club or a fancy restaurant.

So - I'll put on my boobs, my hips and my hair and then often go for the casual look. A simple blouse and skirt or jeans, light makeup, simple jewelry and flats. Once in a while I'll go for a glamor look but not too often.

Never bizarre, ugly, freak, etc.

I try to make a look, that is similar to the very tall,. older,attractive women i am so attracted to, and would have liked to have dated and married. At 61, still no SO, i dress up to be like one of those, and feel like one, when dressed, but with almost no makeup.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 02-26-2016 at 09:36 AM.

When I leave the house I try my best to look as "passable" as possible even though I know I'm not fooling a lot of people out there.

I have dressed twice for Halloween and people were amazed that I looked as good as I did and that I "went all out. The whole nine yards". I don't appreciate guys who wear a dress for Halloween with hairy legs and a five o'clock shadow and a ridiculously cheap wig - I think it's disrespectfu but I understand it's all in fun and their choice to dress that way (Perhaps they are closet CDs who are too afraid to present pretty?). Anyway, I tell people that I respect women so very much and I want to create the best possible representation of a woman that I can.

So whenever I have the time, I do my best to "look pretty" and I don't get tired of it. Transformation from a guy to a girl is so interesting. There is so much to learn about presentation, walking, makeup, choosing the right clothes, etc. That means I'm always learning and that's one of the great things about crossdressing!

Lately I find my self spending to much time trying to see how womanly I can look, Why, I don't know for sure.
    Sometimes I think it might be trying to bring back the excitement it used to give me thirty years ago.

Boy I could have so much time to do other things if I didn't have this crazy phase I'm going through.

I've been trying to convince myself that instead of to look womanly maybe I could try and look more like a well dressed man!
    I find when I look a mens clothes I don't have any Idea what to look for.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vickie_CDTV View Post
    I remember the FemSkin guy saying the thing about how some want to be a "hag" in that in the documentary you were in. I suspect those who do that, are in fact attracted to that kind of woman (beauty being relative.) I would imagine those who dress up and use prosthetics to appear as a very, very large women are attracted to women who are very very large etc. I am attracted to mature women, and have dressed as a mature women before on occasion, such as dressing in more old fashioned clothes, fwigs that are slightly frosted and have a little gray, old fashioned large glasses etc. (Some consider presentiation to be very odd... primarily trans people who are mature.)

They could also find being dressed as a "hag" to be empowering, perhaps they are dressing like the women who have held power over them.
    Yes, Vickie, that's where I heard him say it. While watching the video myself.

I have never been attracted to big or homely women. Becoming an attractive, sexy woman gets me worked up and excited. Which is why I dress all the way or not at all.

But, I don't get a charge out of becoming my odd characters. Just the satisfaction of creating a reasonable immitation of an unattractive woman. Other than the bizarre feeling of becoming enormous, (I kept bumping into things), I have no idea why I do this? I was hoping others mite help me understand.
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 02-27-2016 at 01:07 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Doc, as an OTT dresser, I not only never get tired of achieving my preferred look, I never tire of trying to go even more OTT.

Myself i want to be presentable, easey to look, at just another person,. No distinction between man or woman,just me.
    i dont want to or need to make anykind of statement.
    All i want is to look in the mirror and see a lovely person.

CD from ME

Crossdressing Closet CD's

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I'm gearing this toward CD's that don't dress that often. Unlike TS's that dress fem all the time. When we closet CD's do dress, we're more likely to go the whole 9 yards!
    And, try to look as pretty, sexy, hot, etc. as we able to while suiting r own tastes at the same time.

Years ago, the man who makes the Femskin suits I wear said, "Some fetish dressers want to look attractive. But, others want to look like a nasty old hag".

That comment shocked me! Why would anyone try to look gross? Then, 3 years ago I attended a rubber fetish event where many of the attendees looked gross to me. Many of them liked looking freaky, homely, ridiculous, not attractive in any way.

But, over the years what that man said stuck with me. Sometimes now, at home and in private I get tired of becoming that pretty woman over and over. Altho I don't get the erotic thrill I get from being Sherry while portraying women that r pregnant, overweight, trailer trash trampy, or cartoon and others fantasy characters, I do get a tremendous amount of satisfaction if my efforts look good, (which may mean "really bad" with some characters).

That not withstanding, I'm continally trying to improve Sherry's looks top to bottom.

Does anyone else do this? Do u ever get tired of trying to appear as a pretty woman and occasionally play around with strange, bizarre, even grotesque fem looks in private?

U know I gave up years ago trying to look like a "woman" and more like myself. Crossdressing is all literal with some and kind of fetish dressing for others. No one is the same and everyone in their own right wants to be who they are and accepted for that.
    In todays society where there are transgendered people and Transexual people and trans whatever people, all we are trying to look at is ourselves and what we may like to look like, not the defined person they are looking for but who they feel comfortable being, not looking for unreasonable expectations but themselves.
    Enjoy who you are and let them enjoy who they are for who they are ......who are we to criticize?

JMO

Not me. I will never be what I consider pretty, but when I dress, I like to look as good as I can in either casual, sensual, or classy modes of dressing.
    I am definitely not into the grotesque look, and until reading your post, this thought never even entered my mind.
    I guess to each his/her/other's own,
    Di

I'm never going to 'pass'. I still enjoy being pretty. My wife approves this post.

(Brought to you by the "I Don't give a Flying Flark" society)
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    While dressed at home I may not put on makeup. Still, I want to look nice. No outrageous dressing for me...

although it would be nice if I could pull off wearing some "daisy dukes" shorty shorts and halter top!

I never tire of looking pretty. But don't always have the chance to do so. But it never occurred to me to be a hag. But there are a lot of colorful characters in this world.
    Part Time Girl

Silver Member
    I never tire of looking pretty. When I do look closet-pretty, I'm fully dressed from the neck down, plus earrings, bracelets, rings and necklace. Neck up, sometimes the full monte including false lashes and brows, and sometimes just red lipstick, if I later need to go out in drab, and don't want to fuss with removing a lot of makeup.

Sh-sh-sh-shakin' all over jemima_bates's Avatar
    It's all about the timing for me, as I don't get the chance to dress often.

If I've not spent at least two hours in front of the mirror perfecting (in my eyes!) my makeup then clambering into a short dress and heels, for me it's just not worth it. The casual look - flats-and-jeans - just doesn't appeal. Maybe, if I had the opportunity to dress more frequently, that might change, but at the moment, it's glam or bust.

Jemima x

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    Yeah Sherry I'm an all or nothing kind of girl as well. But I can't understand going to all the effort only
    to intentionally make yourself look trashy,ugly or whatever. Maybe for halloween if I was dressing as
    a witch or some other creature but any other day I'd want to present as pretty as I can.
    I can be trashy or dumpy frumpy in male mode too easily why would I want to do that in girl mode ?
    Everyone has their own deal I guess but that makes no sense to me.
    Hugs
    Samantha

Doc, for me the whole nine yards isn't as much as for others. I'm stuck at 14, so all it is, is the simple outfit, getting my long straight hair detangled, nail polish done. Maybe a touch of perfume and lip gloss. And no, I never get tired of it; I just feel normal that way. Rather, the reverse; I get tired of being dressed up as a guy, it's my 'work uniform'.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I love becoming the best possible Lisa I can be. When I dress, I dress to be as well put together as I can.
    Please call me Lisa!

Always prefer trying to look pretty over just putting on the clothes. I'll never be passable, but I truly enjoy making myself up.

This is a tough one to answer for me. I like to look pretty, but the majority of the time, when I dress, I don't put any makeup on. I guess I would rather spend time in the clothes than wrestling with the makeup tools. So I don't always look at myself as fully female, just from the neck down. That's usually good enough for me.

On the other hand, if I truly have the feeling, I will put on the makeup and be as pretty as I feel. To me, that's what matters, if in your heart and soul you are pretty, then you will be pretty no matter what.

Tina

I don't know if I do pretty. I prefer stylish.