Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wife told me to throw away my last pair of male jeans!

I'd love to try a pair of boot cut women's jeans. I need to lose some weight for sure before I try a pair. That's my goal, to get rid of my man gut. Lol

Sorry, missed the info training. Questions: what are the differences between womens & mens jeans, other than not at baggy. And why wear jeans vs a skirt or dress? am I missing something? CD is somewhat expensive as it is without adding jeans

I wear Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda plus size jeans. The plus size jeans have "male-sized" pockets. The stretch in women's jeans makes them more comfortable to wear than men's jeans. On the other hand, I haven't worn men's jeans in decades so I wouldn't know.

Silver Member
    Denise, why wear any women's clothes? Women's jeans have different cuts and a wider selection of styles and colors. I have always liked women's clothes and how they feel and look. At my age most women don't wear skirts or dresses. In my youth I was fortunate to be able to wear a lot of dresses etc. Today I wear what most women are wearing where I live. As for the cost, if you have dual wardrobes it could be expensive, but I don't buy much in the men's department.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    That is very awesome!
    Though I'm not a fan of women's jeans (only skirts and dresses for me) it is still very cool.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Ha. I dunno, maybe you should keep them? It's good to have at least one pair of pants around that you really don't care about, like you said, just in case you need to do something that's messy or hard on your clothing. In my experience, fem jeans are not so much for utilitarian purposes. Hence the faux pockets.

I personally fem jeans. It may raise a few eyebrows around here, but they're my favorite clothing to wear. I particularly like flare cut ones, not like huge retro flare, but just like a modest 9" or 10" flare leg. I find it gives me a much more feminine silhouette than say a skinny, or straight leg. Detracts from my height. Maybe I pay lots of attention to detail, but I find women's jeans to be wildly different from men's. They're form hugging, they have a shorter and neater rise, the detailing is smaller, cuter, and gives the impression of a leaner, more curvaceous physique. Not to mention the huge variety of colors and styles. It baffles me that some don't realize how jeans can be as feminine as a dress, just as a dress can be as masculine as jeans. All depends on how it's made, and how it's worn. I can't speak for "mom jeans" or dad jeans, that's not really my thing. My experience is mostly in the trendier styles of women's and men's jeans, I suppose.

I was actually quite surprised to find that many women's jeans are just about the perfect inseam length for me, especially since women are typically so much shorter than men. But no, they're usually just right.

Me too womens jeans are the only kind I wear and my wife threw out all of my old mens jeans years ago. I like the skinny fit, but I also like the boot cut so I can wear my heeled boots with them. I love the embroidery on the back pockets, makes them even more feminine.

Michelle

That is a difficult order to disobey. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I wear mostly women's jeans out. One time out my aunt saw me and said those jeans look great on you, you should wear those more often. She had no clue they were womens. I find that they are just more comfortable than men's

Reality Check
    1) Some women's jeans have useable pockets, some don't. Try before you buy (or carry a purse).

2) Some women's jeans have a lot of decorative stitching. These are easily identifiable as women's jeans. They should be reserved for when you are presenting as a woman. Plain (unadorned) jeans are better for "male mode".

3) The difference between men's and women's jeans is mostly the fabric and the cut. Women's jeans are typically more form fitting while men's jeans are baggy and allow for more freedom of movement. Women's jeans are often made with a lighter stretch fabric. Men's jeans are made of a heavy denim.

Quote Originally Posted by lingerieLiz View Post
    My wife has been complaining about a pair of men's jeans that I wear to do messy jobs outside. Today she told me, Get rid of those jeans and get some new women's jeans that fit you. I have several pairs of women's jeans and shorts which I wear most of the time. Both she and the daughters have commented I look better in women's bootcut jeans. I don't like skinny jeans as much since I don't have the long legs for them.
    My wife gave all my male pants jeans shirts underwear. Away to charity a few years ago. Once she accepted the female side of me. She told me one way or the other. I choose female. Never was sorry I did. We are still together as a married couple.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

Been there, done that.
    The only thing I hate is the size discrepancy in womens pants.
    I have a pair of 16W from several years ago that fit amazingly well.
    I went to Wal-mart the other day and had to try on half a dozen pair and bought a 20W and a 24 and they fit exactly the same.
    I have found that with the boot cut jeans, I can tuck in my blouse. But with skinny jeans I have to wear a longer loose blouse or tunic.
    If my legs were as long in proportion to my torso I would be 6'2" instead of 5'8".