Thread: My mother said I was going through a phase!

My mother said I was going through a phase!

When I was 16 my mother said I was going through a phase.

Now forty years later and still cross-dressing I'm wondering when this phase will end.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Silver Member
    How much does she know about your dressing these days?

I'm sure she has no idea
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 02-22-2016 at 06:05 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before your post. Please stop doing this!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Actually, she was correct.

You were going through the "phase" of determining who you really are .

Platinum Member
    Hi Judy, My phase is 69 years old now. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Judy, my parents said I would grow out of it. I'm 69 now and still love being a dresser and buying cloths.

Early on while in my teens, some how I thought CDing for me was some type of phase that would pass and fad away. And now 60 plus years and still the phase has not passed away and instead I am enjoying the "who I am" and the great "feminine moment" that I realize now as the real me.

Just wish it hadn't taken so long to find out what I was really missing all these years! LoL

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    It seems possible that your mother was mistaken
    I used to have a short attention spa

Banned Read only
    Judy,
    Sorry it's for life, maybe get into the enjoyment phase !

Some phases are longer than others, just don't get fazed. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    My mother always knew I loved being a girl. I refused to wear boy's things except for school when I was a preteen, so it was really obvious I hated looking like a boy. I'd never go with her when she had to buy me clothes. I hated the stores and the people there. Regardless of the punishment, I never gave in. Keep your toys, ground me, I don't care, just let me wear pretty things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

my mother said the same thing she thought I would out grow it..... 60 yrs and I haven't yet

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lynn3 View Post
    Judy, my parents said I would grow out of it. I'm 69 now and still love being a dresser and buying cloths.
    What's this 69 year old stuff today? Amy Lynn and Blue Orchid! OK, I'm almost 69. I suspect my parents knew I was dabbling in my mother's lingerie draw. However, I was never caught. I'm sure my father and mother would have beaten the crap out of me trying to reform me. That was "old school" therapy. I'm still shopping until I drop. The only phases I go through now are dress phases, slip phases, panty phases, etc. Yep, since the first of the year it has been a dress phases.....fourteen new dresses. I hope I never out grow whatever you call this. I'd hate to put on too many pounds and not fit into my 138 dresses. Ugh!

Aspiring Member
    Yes to these ma's that's all it is. Mine made me feel so bad about it here I am at 50 still trying to get over that.

What's with these 69 year things? I'm only 68! - well until July anyway. By the way I was a late bloomer, only started 10 years ago>
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Hugs,

Carla

http://flickr.com/photos/carla4guage/

I never had that conversation with my mother, so I don't know what she would have told that 13-year old boy who was borrowing her clothes. But I knew even then that it wasn't a phase. Curiosity may have played a part in my first venture of discovery, but I kept going back because I liked it. Even during times that I purged, it wasn't because the magic was gone, but because I wanted to try to lead a "normal" life. I think parents, especially from my youth (yes, I too was born in 1947), hoped it was a phase because they didn't know how to deal with it and there wasn't a lot of help or information. The only phases for us are the changes in fashion, so you might as well sit back and enjoy each one as it comes along

Wendy
    Last edited by JustWendy; 02-24-2016 at 06:09 PM.

My mom and dad said that too and as I transition to Miss Vrginia-Mae 24/7 soon, I am also wondering when this "phase" will end....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Carla4Guage View Post
    What's with these 69 year things? I'm only 68! - well until July anyway. By the way I was a late bloomer, only started 10 years ago>
    Carla, Someone, recently wrote in a post, that the fact that so many older people are participating in discussions here, is that we had to suppress our behaviour for many decades and now have this forum to come out to like-minded people. Younger people these days are probably more accepted by their peers than we were by ours. Therefore, their need to seek kin souls is not as urgent. The good thing is that they do join & participate and learn how things were in "ancient" times. And it is good for us to learn what the younger generations do & think.
    It works well, both ways.

I went through a phase too... Oh wait it's still going on...
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.