Thread: Calling a CDer a lady.

Calling a CDer a lady.

I've been dressing up in women's clothes for fifty years and I don't want to be a Lady, just want to play dress up.

Rather than being called a lady I think Mr. Lady fits better.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Hear, hear.
    Attached Images Attached Images

How about "Mr. Lucky"?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Can't be Mr. Dressup, that is for sure!

why dress up or seek to present as a female if you don't want the natural, polite consequences of being ma'am'd or miss'd?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

I notice you have a female name ;-)

Reality Check
    Well, if you want to be called Mr. Lady, that's fine but you'll have to figure out how to tell people to call you that.

Me, when I'm dressed as Krisi, I want to be called Krisi or ma'am. I'm playing dress up as well but I want to take it further than you.

There are certainly others who would share your preference as to how to be referred to when presenting as a female. However, if I were to give any Muggle advice on how to address us if we are encountered in the wild, I'd suggest that they use the words to fit the gender we are presenting as. While it may be offending to you to be "ma'am-ed", there is a greater likelihood of them causing offense by "sir-ing" those of us presenting as female.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I'm sorry I didn't mean to stir any trouble. It's just that in fifty years I've never been called a lady.

Well don't over think it. I just like to be open about how I feel.
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!

Not to be contrary, but if you don't like to be called a lady, seems like you will do a lot of correcting. When I am with any TGs/TSs/CDs I always use ladies or gals, depending on their presentation. I know some of the Gender Fluid prefer non gender naming, but hard for me to get used to that.
    As I have gotten older don't like people calling me Ma'am, that is what I was taught when younger to use with older women.
    I hate any prefix naming like Ms/Mrs/Mr, I prefer Miss but it has fallen out of use. I worked hard for that prefix.

Judy, you didn't stir any trouble. Even though I cannot relate to your POV, I would never discount it. Like I said, others have expressed your same sentiment so it is a real phenomena.

Think of it this way. No matter how we are referred by others, they run the risk of offending us. Call me sir while presenting as a female, I'm getting pretty ticked off (as in "what part of my presentation would even remotely make you think to call me sir?!?!"). Call you ma'am and you may get just as upset. But think about it...your presentation is technically the opposite of "sir" so it wouldn't be so rude for someone else to "ma'am" you.

In other words, I guess I'm validating why the outside world should err in my favor on this one, if that makes any sense. Not only by virtue of numbers (I dare to say more align with the ma'am camp than sir) but also by the simple common sense of our presentation.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I sorry, but I think you're in such a tiny minority you may have to wear a T shirt 'Not a lady'.

How about "Lady-ish" or "Lady-like"?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Call me whatever you want but be sure to call me for dinner.

Gold Member
    I love that short clip. LOL
    I am a stay at home person, so I do not get any "Mam's"
    rader

Hardly ever get called a lady, however even in male dress and presentation, I get mam'ed a lot.
    Part Time Girl

maybe you can get a name tag. Because if someone calls me "he" or "Him" or "Mister" they are in for trouble. Since the majority of TGs work toward "passing" as you all say and want to look feminine, the default should be "Miss" or Ma'am"
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Sorry, but I don't shave my body, put on all my makeup, fix my hair and nails, dress in pretty clothes, grab my purse and coat to go out somewhere so that someone can call me SIR!
    I do my best to present as a woman and expect that I will be referred to that way.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !