Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Age and location

63 Houston,TX

I can't believe I'm 66. I'm in Tidewater Virginia as I say in my profile. I don't mind letting people know the general area I live in.
    Please call me Lisa!

76 next month, live in the Mid-Hudson Valley, New York. Wish I could play hockey like Karen, but get my "jollies" playing with my farm tractors and such...

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Fact. Live within 30 miles from the interstate intersections in the center of downtown Albuquerque. How many square miles or kilometers? Anyway, I count my very boondocks location as the city for inter-nut purposes. I fudge, perhaps, as a country bumpkin but good enough, IMO.

And for those of you here on the website living in metropolises worldwide? The entire (large) state of New Mexico only has just about 2 million residents!

65 years old in male mode, younger age while en femme.

I do not care if someone I know finds me here. They have more to explain and perhaps more fun to share, in fact.

50 from Ontario

40 - New Hampshire

I'm in my late 20s, and I live in West by god Virgina.

Interesting how so many of the gurls replying here are age 60 or above (include me in that demographic as well - LOL!), and are proud to unabashedly proclaim it.

Could it be some form of "Boomer liberation" mindset at play here in that we came of age when crossdressing was still considered to be deviant behavior and just wasn't discussed or admitted to, and we are now reacting against that? Keep in mind that we grew up with shame and the constant fear of inadvertently being outed, up until the Internet came to our rescue with Forums such as this one which told us that we were far from being alone and that we had nothing to be ashamed of.

Kind of like the gays and lesbians declaring themselves to be "out and proud" these days, coupled with a solid helping of "I'm old, I've earned the right to say what I think and be who I am, and I don't give a rat's @ss if somebody doesn't like it.". In other words, outspoken, opinionated, self-assured and irreverent as best exemplified by some of the "geezer"-centric sitcoms we grew up with such as All in the Family, Maude, The Jeffersons, and The Golden Girls.

57 - Northern Virginia

68-near Ft.Worth, TX

Banned Read only
    Joanna,
    I still prefer to say in the UK and not be more specific, but it may not matter soon because I'm out in public now anyway and not before time at 64 years young !

Leslie,
    You raise a good point about the ages I'd guess like me we just got on with life, got married had kids earned the living ! Cding was there but when you're young you can contain it more but it just keeps nagging at you and finally you give and ask what it's all about . Then it hits you and just have to go with it !
    Last edited by Teresa; 02-13-2016 at 03:57 AM.

I am 39 since the 11th, but I still pretend to be 26 even thou I often have to "admit" to people sometimes that I'm over 30.
    I don't want to give away my location at this moment, but I will tell you later and probably also the reason why, but it is for a very important privacy and even some security, and no I'm not a celebrity.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Turning 55 in a few days, near Ft Worth Texas

Going to be 35 in May and Richmond, Virginia
    Amanda

In West Sussex, 87 next week, still have contentment in dressing and would love to have more time

I get too many stalkers when I give out my address. If I put down my age I don't get any!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

62 Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Could it be some form of "Boomer liberation" mindset at play here in that we came of age when crossdressing was still considered to be deviant behavior and just wasn't discussed or admitted to, and we are now reacting against that? Keep in mind that we grew up with shame and the constant fear of inadvertently being outed, up until the Internet came to our rescue with Forums such as this one which told us that we were far from being alone and that we had nothing to be ashamed of.

Kind of like the gays and lesbians declaring themselves to be "out and proud" these days, coupled with a solid helping of "I'm old, I've earned the right to say what I think and be who I am, and I don't give a rat's @ss if somebody doesn't like it.". In other words, outspoken, opinionated, self-assured and irreverent as best exemplified by some of the "geezer"-centric sitcoms we grew up with such as All in the Family, Maude, The Jeffersons, and The Golden Girls.
    Age 65 and I agree mostly with the last statement. Plus in TG/TS support groups, I always add that since I did all my transition some 35-40 years ago. And have been physical female longer, 38 years, then most of the younger have been alive.

Not so sure of the first about being of the boomer generation. Not of the Internet and for the most part pre Personal Computers generation , just made our journey harder back than.

30 Chattanooga, TN

Platinum Member
    Hi Joanna, Age 73/ Baltimore Maryland USA, ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I'm 48 and in NW Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    Why are people so coy... I dunno....

If anyone wants to drop in, please ask for Katey Victoria Beckham Kensington Winslet III, 37 North East Hampshire - here's the Google earth shot - we'll be on the terrace having Pimm's and watching the winter croquet finals...

Katey x
    Becks, Posh and.. (OMG OMG you REALLY said it) Pimm's!!!!!

Ding dong.. I'm there!!! (seriously though, Pimm's is my alltime favorite summer beverage)

oh wait.. question.. answer.. 40, the Netherlands, 3rd windmill on the right (the one with the orange tulips)

I'm 58. I'm in Columbus Ohio and I am not a Buckeyes fan.

Age 59, Champaign, Illinois, USA.

- Diane

40, Western North Carolina