Thread: Would others want this weekend?

Would others want this weekend?

Many of us can't easily go out in our own communities (admittedly because of our own fear more than anything...but that is another topic) so the desire to go away and dress up for a period of time is really a draw.

I have looked around and seen that there are some "conferences" and other such things, but I don't really want to go to a conference necessarily. I just kind of want to go somewhere for a weekend and be dressed and by my girl self for a period. Fortunately, I have a supportive SO who I know would go with me, but I can't say we have really found the right "venue" to do it.

Which brought up a thought in my mind....

Wouldn't it be fun to just set up a good weekend at a bed and breakfast somewhere for a few CD folks and their SOs to get away for a weekend?

I don't need seminars, I am straight and don't necessarily want to be at an even that is focused on LGBT stuff, not that I have any problem with it, it just isn't my lifestyle and I think many times that is what too many people think of when they think of CDing folks, I don't need to make a big show of going out "on the town", I just think it would be fun to have a weekend away with like minded folks that don't mind if a guy is dressed as a girl because he likes it for the weekend.

I could imagine maybe a 3pm Friday afternoon check in and going home Sunday afternoon.

A good B&B that was larger, had accommodations for multiple rooms (thinking a small 2-3 bed operation is too small...maybe a B&B that could handle 15-20 couples would be a good size. I would think a good common, lounge area would be a requirement.

So, what would you do for the weekend?

Good question. And I don't have all the answers, but I have a few ideas.

How about having a good nail salon from the area send staff over and do manicure/pedicure services for folks that want it on Friday right after check so you have good nails for the weekend. How about having a professional makeup provider come in and do or teach people how to do their makeup Saturday morning? Maybe a hair stylist to do wig/hair for attendees. For both the person wanting to CD and their SO who is joining them, bring in a massage provider to have massages during the day on Saturday!

Maybe Friday night could be a meet and greet wine/cheese/appetizers gathering for folks to meet each other maybe followed by a movie night? How about a good dinner Saturday night that, and I know the guy is showing through in me, doesn't have to be followed by some "dance" but instead a poker night for a bunch of guys who like to dress up and their SOs? Sunday morning brunch to end the last day? Nothing has to start early in the morning, let us sleep in!

What else could we do? Anyone have thoughts? Any other thoughts of cool stuff for SOs to do while the guys are dressed up? Think SOs would join for a weekend like this realistically?

Maybe I am off base, but for this kind of an approach to a getaway to dress up and not be the guy for a weekend but be my girl side sounds appealing.

I know it wouldn't necessarily be cheap. To pull all this together would be with obvious costs, but no matter what you do for a weekend getaway there would be costs. I don't know that would necessarily be any more or less than other potential getaways people do and it could be an interesting "pampering" weekend.

Anyone think doing this would be a good way to spend a weekend?

I agree that this would be fun. I have had the pleasure of doing it on a few occasions.

The Habana INN in Oklahoma City, The Dunes Resort in Michigan, and The Raven in New Hope, PA all come to mind as possible destination resorts. Houston, Minneapolis/St Paul, Denver, and Nashville would tempt me as well.

Given one choice, I would choose OKC.

I think that would be a fun weekend. May I suggest you look into Diva Las Vegas. I already have my tickets booked this year. It is at the end of March and more of a vacation for t-girls...might be just the ticket for you.

Not sure if it is there anymore in Chicago. I spent three days totally enfemme staying at the Hotel Belmont in Boystown. Ventured to the Miracle Mile, rode the el train. Marvelous time.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    sounds like a plan,,..we do stuff like that all the time, and honestly, I find those occasions to be even more fun than any scheduled TG/CD event. We usually get together a group of gals, then split two jointed hotel suites with full kitchens, split the cost of food, room etc...make big breakfasts, have BBQ lunches on the hotel decks, ( the hotel has a grilling area) ...then venture into the area at night to check out the local nightlife...even at some of the tg/cd events, we break off and do our own thing, like instead of doing a "shopping outing" with all the gals, we decided to throw our own pool party instead, even had a game day where we all got together on our hotel decks and played cards...went to the movies, . Those gatherings can be cheap ( especially if you are willing and comfortable splitting hotel rooms) We did a trip to Philly like that it cost me 150 bucks for the weekend hotel and food. ..400 bucks for 5 days 4 nights in Detroit ( and that was EVERYTHING food,gas, hotel, AND drinks). Right now we are putting together one of those types of trips by renting a house, or suite on the beach here for a week in the summer.
    If you attend one of those bigger events or conferences, you dont HAVE to sign up for the seminars, you can just go and utilize the cheaper room rates, and go to the late night activities, or like you said, do your own thing...we use those events as a destination to get the gals all together, then half the time we make our own agenda , and just pop our heads in for 5 minutes to whatever actual event is going on...it makes those events alot more personal and intimate rather than hanging out with 75 girls someplace. Dont get me wrong, hanging out with 75 gals is a blast...but doing your own thing is fun too..i think its the combo that makes those bigger events worth it...

Look into Lake Erie Gala in November. It's exactly what you want, but in a hotel, not a B&B. No seminars, fun events, vendors who do makeup & makeup, manicures & much more.

jodi