Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your thots and questions about dressers that r a bit different from u? Like me?

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post

As u read the many varied posts here, what r some of your recurring thots? Questions u would like to ask? Things that dressers do and say here that make u wonder? Maybe we can answer a few questions without offending anyone!?
    If I can I'd like to move away from pads/forms etc and ask a question relating to what if anything separates what can be referred to as fetish dressers from crossdressers? How do those who dress exclusively in French maids attire or what's commonly referred to as sissy or like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz consider themselves as CD's? Let me be clear, I'm not pointing fingers. Sherry's starting point was let's ask the question we'd like answers to and I'm a big believer of if you don't know ask. I'd like to know what draws you to that style of dressing. I may be asking a question that like, why do we CD, often has no discernible answer.

Specific styles of dressing hold no fascination for me. I'm interested in what it hold for those who do? As an addendum I have met someone who goes out in public in the full maids attire. We talked about how she was going to stop off at the chip shop on the way home just to see the look on the staffs faces. I wish I'd been there to see it!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    If I can I'd like to move away from pads/forms etc and ask a question relating to what if anything separates what can be referred to as fetish dressers from crossdressers? How do those who dress exclusively in French maids attire or what's commonly referred to as sissy or like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz consider themselves as CD's?
    People will answer for themselves, but it's been my observation over the years that many members here do both ... dress in regular clothes especially when going out, but also occasionally indulge in fantasy wear. Maybe not necessarily fetish-type/halloween like maid, nurse, or lolita costumes, but looks that have school-girl elements, or sexy lingerie, or less sexually oriented but more specialized looks like wedding dresses or ball gowns. There are all types of fantasies and not all are stereotypical.
    Reine

Well as everyone says, "each to his/her own." I would have freaked myself out 15 years ago to see me now so who am I to judge how another person likes to present themselves. Yes, I do have my biases like everyone else. I used to think masks were strange but having more exposure in this group makes me feel different. While not for me, if that what makes you feel good then by all means. I must admit I do still have an issue with cd's and facial hair, not that I would discourage anyone from presenting how they like, it just doesn't work for me.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I think that's an excellent question, Helen. However, I'm afraid few cd.comers will read it posted here at the end of an old thread.

But, since I'm referred to on this site as a "fetish dresser" I'll reply. First, "fetish dresser" means your dressing turns u on. The thot of becoming another person entirely, an attractive female of some sort, I find very stimulating. And, dressing in bizarre or themed fem outfits and costumes is exciting in itself. However, for me that's all done in private. And, when I'm out, no matter how I'm dressed, sex never enters my mind!

I've read posts from dressers who, after putting on a maids outfit, get excited about cleaning the house. And, there r those that wear diapers, baby outfits, tutus, pregnant bellies, etc. I've been to fetish conventions where the participants dress all in rubber. With often frightening masks and exaggerated breasts, etc. They r inveriably men dressed as females. All these r males that get aroused by just those particular female outfits. No particular outfit does that for me.

Not all of the male folks that dress in fetish gear identify as trans or even as CD's. It's simply a turn on for them. However, it's interesting that they r all males presenting in some sort of fem look. Also, many that I've met r bi. No idea if that is a common trait, tho.

I don't think many of these fetish dressers go out dressed that way. Except to Halloween or other special fetish events.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Doc, both Reine and you gave excellent answers to Helen's fetish dressing question. And from different POV's: Reine's from forum observations and yours from personal experience. My experience as a fetish-driven dresser agrees - that for many of us, dressing has a sexual aspect but it's not all-or-nothing. I'm certain that there are some who dress up, get off, and undress as fast as possible, but I suspect that they don't hang out here in large numbers. Like you, Doc, dressing up and going out is never about sex - it's about fun.
    I dress in "regular" women's clothes, even if taken over-the-top as my preferred style drives me. I also have "specialty" outfits for extra excitement but always worn in private. I used to vacation the same week in mid-October to a tg-friendly club/bar in Florida. As I read and heard of their upcoming Halloween events, I wished so much that my week was at that time so I could wear something "special". I had no fears about controlling my excitement in public. Just more fun.

I really don't worry much about padding. Most I do is I have inserts I wear. I do typically wear a corset because I have a pretty good sized gut that sticks out in most of the outfits I wear. The corset allows me to have a thinner look to myself and gives me the style of body I'm looking for when I'm dressed up. Other than that, not much for modifications as I'm a pretty big southern belle in my own right!

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    People will answer for themselves, but it's been my observation over the years that many members here do both ... dress in regular clothes especially when going out, but also occasionally indulge in fantasy wear. Maybe not necessarily fetish-type/halloween like maid, nurse, or lolita costumes, but looks that have school-girl elements, or sexy lingerie, or less sexually oriented but more specialized looks like wedding dresses or ball gowns. There are all types of fantasies and not all are stereotypical.
    Reine,

Your points about wedding dresses and ball gowns is a good example of what interests me in to gaining a better understanding of just what it is that draws someone into dressing as they choose to. I keep thinking there's something specific about the female form in such attire that is the big attractor but what stops that spilling over into a more generalised form of dressing. Absolutely each to their own and yep I have a Ra-Ra skirt that I wear indoors, on warm days, when alone that is way too young for my ageing frame. Hey the mind plays strange tricks.

In the bigger sense, is it not a good thing if we here can better understand each other by being open and frank about what makes us tick, were we understand it ourselves, because if we can't then how is joe public supposed to? Or are we confined to answering,"Well if it floats their boat, who are we to criticise?"
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed