Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did Halloween really count as "out" in public?

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar

Haloween OUT enfemme or not? You decide.

OUT enfemme or not?

You decide!

OMG! This was..............

SUCH FUN!!!!!

And VERY VERY COLD! Well my arms and legs and feet and exposed chest were cold. Everything else, what little there was covered, was warm.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Jenn--Halloween was my first time to go out full dressed as a women. This was 30 plus years ago, and the terms, cross-dressing and transgender, etc. were not in the public domain. Up to this time I had purchased a few female cloths but no complete outfits nor had I even though of dressing up as a woman.
    I was out of town helping a friend, at his business. His wife really liked me and was trying to set me up with a girl that she worked with. My friend and his wife were having a big Halloween party that night and his wife insisted that I had to come. I told her that I didn’t have a costume but she insisted that she had just the costume. She wanted to dress me up as “Natasha”. She said that she had everything we needed, a black corset dress, under garments, and the accessories that we would need. My biggest problem was how we were going to hide my beard, because without a wig and proper mask, I felt I would look awful and I didn’t want to look foolish. She said not to worry because she knew a store that sold high quality masks and inexpensive wigs. She took me to the store and we bought an excellent full female face mask and wig. The mask and wig are pretty passable at a distance but easily recognized up close, but it was only for a Halloween party. Early that evening, She dressed me completely, from the inside out as a woman. I ***** panties, stockings, garter belt, stuffed bra, a lacy long sleeved blouse, and the black corset dress, that came with a built in petti-coat. After I put on the dress, she tightened the laces and tied them off, and I realized that I could not get out of the dress without help; I was stuck for the evening. With my mask and wig, I look pretty good, except I didn’t have any woman’s shoes that would fit me, as I wear a size 14. Walking around in that dress, and the way it swished around my stocking covered legs gave me a rush I will never forget. The rest of the evening was a bust as the lady that I was supposed to meet didn’t show, and I only knew the host couple. I ended up drinking too much and woke up the next morning still fully dressed in one of the bedrooms.
    When I came down for breakfast my friend and his wife thought it was a scream that I could not get out of the dress without someone untying the laces on the back. She teased me, saying that she wasn’t going to untie the dress and that I would have to wear it home and figure out how to get it untied for myself. Little did she know, I would have worn the dress home just for the rush I got out of wearing it? After a while she did untie the dress, and I got back into my own cloths and returned home. She gave me some of the under garments, the mask and wig to keep. I sometimes wish she had given me that dress. Now 30 years later I still, every once in a while, get fully dressed up as a woman, put on the mask and a wig, to cover the beard that I still have, and go out for a walk, where no one will see me close enough to notice that I am wearing a mask. At a distance I pass as I women, and I still love the feeling of the cloths, and get a little high from the risk of being out.

Out is out!! I don't dress in my city, but I will go out in another city. Don't restrict yourself!!!
    Please call me Lisa!

When I was younger we didn't have money for a costume. Me and my two cousin's we decided to dress up as women. We even shaved our legs wore stockings skirts the whole nine yards. I think I was the only one that enjoyed being dressed like that. So I myself wouldn't call that coming out cause it only happen that one time.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    That sounds like it was a ton of fun Jenn!
    I've been out in public en femme a number of times, mostly solo and once with wife, but I've never been out dressed up for Halloween.
    I planned on it for last year, but work got in the way.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Banned Read only
    I think whether dolling up on Halloween counts as an "outing in public" totally depends on the guy. If the guy's wife or girlfriend or maybe just himself decides to "camp it up" and treats wearing women's clothing as a joke, then NO. To see some hairy guy with an unshaven face wearing a ridiculous outfit is nothing more than a joke. There is no intent to be passable or act as a woman.

On the other hand the outing you described would constitute an "outing." If the man is made up to the best of his or his wife/girlfriend's ability to transform him into a woman by shaving of all his masculine hair, applies makeup, dons all the proper undergarments, heels, hosiery and a pretty dress, and, through on a wig that is more than just a joke. Then he and his girlfriend/wife go shopping for more women's clothing, dins at a restaurant, and, let's say attends a movie, that is trying to be 100% woman.

I've gone out on Halloween twice with the intend of mingling with the masses, and, not just taking a stroll in the evening. The first time I wore a midi jade and black print long sleeve dress, black heels and hosiery, all proper undergarments and full makeup and a wig. The second time I wore a sold little black dress with wig and makeup. My intent was to look as womanly/feminine as possible, and, not to treat my "outing" as a camp adventure. I did get some compliments from women I had to interact with. I had stopped at Winchell Doughnut House and Safeway to buy things.

If you feel there would be negative professional implications in your town/city, then make an overnight trip out of it. Halloween is on a Monday this year. I suspect there will be many parties happening the Saturday and Sunday before.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    There is no intent to be passable or act as a woman.
    I've never considered the above as a requirement to CD in public.

I will adjust my prior answer though. I consider my Halloween crossdressing as being out in the public. But I don't see it as being out to the public.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 02-17-2016 at 06:35 PM.

Banned Read only
    Halloween was my first and so far only time out. I was Snow White and I had so much fun walking around my neighborhood. The kids were all very nice. I got some dirty looks, but I suppose that's to be expected in the Midwest. I didn't care. I didn't let it bother me. I had the time of my life and was so sad when the night ended.

Sure it does. Its a cross dresser's "perfect storm". It's Halloween after all, your supposed to dress up.

Id also say yes it counts and long as thats what you were aming for someone who dresses up just to make a joke out of it then no but if your serious and put the effort in why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Jonie View Post
    Halloween is my night out. I dress up in really girly clothes. Then I simply go to another part of town where none of my friends or family will see me. I have a really large beard so when asked who I am I say that I am the bearded lady. I actually won a contest one halloween for the best costume. Call it what you will but it is my night to be myself completely.
    OMG im laughing so hard right now good idea to bad I hate beards i'm always clean shaving to the point of baby smooth I hate facial hair but doesn't mean I couldn't by a fake beard or at least grow one just for that day! wouldn't take long I have to shave twice a day I swear my beard grows faster then weeds.

Quote Originally Posted by BillieAnneJean View Post
    OUT enfemme or not?

You decide!

OMG! This was..............

SUCH FUN!!!!!

And VERY VERY COLD! Well my arms and legs and feet and exposed chest were cold. Everything else, what little there was covered, was warm.
    You look good around here most of the time id end up with frostbite walking around like that at halloween indoor event or bust for me.

I think it counts. I did it this past Halloween and fooled my sister who hasn't seen me in 3 years and a fellow Coworker who wanted to see me dressed for Halloween. We have a local Haunt called Haunted Overload. I saw my sister in the background of a photo of their behind the scenes so I knew she was going to be there. My coworker was one of the ticket takers.

I walked right past my sister who was directing traffic. She didn't even twig. I turned around and said "What you don't even reconize your own brother?" I got a double wow outta her. One of those softer wows then a real loud WOW.

As for my coworker I just handed her the ticket and didn't say a thing. After she handed my ticket back I said "I am looking for one of my coworkers she is said to be taking tickets." Got a double take and a wow outta her as well. I had fun with the actors there telling them that I was the really scary one as I was a guy. One of the actors just said that's ok come here and give me a kiss! I laughed my butt off.

Never did give him that kiss.

Here is a pic for you all

IMAG0491.jpg