Thread: "My" Purse

Reality Check

"My" Purse

Recently, my wife had to have minor surgery and of course, I went with her. She took her purse so she would have her ID and insurance cards but of course she couldn't take it in the operating room with her so it was my job to watch it. It was a multicolor fabric purse and happened to match the shirt I was wearing.

She gave it to me and of course I put it over my shoulder like any woman would do. And of course, when I had to leave the waiting room to use the restroom I carried it with me. All the nurses had a great time commenting on how well "my" purse went with my outfit.

You know I was enjoying the heck out of it.

Brings back fond memories of me doing the same. I loved the interaction with the women too.

I find that GGs are pretty accepting of males paying attention to fashion, not just as a CD.

Cause every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man.

- ZZ Top
    Almost all of the comments about my nails or dress are from women.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Oh wow, I remember being the "Guardian of the Purse" when Mimi was trying something on. Most men would hold their wife's purse like it was a long-dead fish, but I wore it proudly while browsing the racks myself. A couple of times I received compliments on what a good husband I was!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Had similar experience twice in the last month while my wife had cataract surgery. Fortunately for me, her purse is a neutral beige so it went with whatever shirt I was wearing.

Sit in a hospital, or a near a woman's fitting room in a store, any day and you'll see men holding/carrying their woman's purse. It's not unusual at all. We only think it's unusual. Until we see another guy doing the same thing. The workers, however, see it all day long, so nobody will make a big deal of it if you don't.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Oh wow, I remember being the "Guardian of the Purse"...
    I still am, quite often. One time I had it over my shoulder for a good half hour before Wife started panicking, "Where's my purse?!"

Just one of the things us singles miss out on, but I make up for it by carrying my own purse all the time, there are comments from women but mostly they are curious.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I am so "purse curious". It is my next step in the journey. I spend a huge amount of time on EBay auctions looking for just the right shoulder bag at a steal on the price. I don't want a huge computer bag or messenger bag. The smaller bags don't have a long enough strap. I have not found my perfect bag that I am going to use everyday but I have bought two darling purses that I could not resist [HeeHaw ].

Several years ago I attended one of those high pressure time share presentations with my gf, I was completely in guy mode. As we were walking out of the presentation hall I was carrying her purse and one of the presenters commented (in jest) how my purse matched my outfit. I quipped back, "thanks and it kept me out of the army too". Everybody there had a good laugh.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Oh wow, I remember being the "Guardian of the Purse"
    Quote Originally Posted by iGenny View Post
    I still am, quite often.
    I occasionally still fill the role, but I have one of my own too.

On Sunday, I was at a club with Mimi and my daughter. They wanted a picture without their purses and I ended up taking it while shouldering three!

Happened to me too, I was asked where I bought such a lovely shoulder bag.

I had a couple of "Oh sorry I thought you were a woman" but then I was looking in the ladies wear. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I hold my fiancee's purse all the time. I have never heard a word from anyone.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Reality Check
    I hold my wife's purse sometimes when shopping as well but this was the first time it was the center of conversation. I was having great fun with it.

If anyone says anything while I happen to be carrying my wife's purse I usually say something like "Trouble is it doesn't match my shoes."
    "But what is Truth? Is Truth unchanging law?
    We both have truths - are mine the same as yours?"

Silver Member
    Just the other day I carried my,(DADT) wife's purse for her while she looked for a coat she saw on a manikin. She thought it was right on the rack by it but it wasn't. She had handed me her bag, which I quickly placed on my shoulder, as she went through the racks searching. She did eventually find them and tried them on but didn't want it and then the hanger went missing. So off we went to the cashier area to hand it to a sales person. It wasn't until just before we walked out the door that she retrieved her bag from my shoulder as she realized she needed her car keys. A nice little plus to the day.
    I find the purse-a-phobic guys to be quite entertaining to watch. I mean as Cder's we know that simply holding the bag wont convert you to CD but there does seem to be some fear that it may. If that was the case, we could all just go hit the auto parts store and be "cured"...NOT.

I've had to hold a purse for GFs before, just doesn't feel the same if you're not dressed

This is a great thread. Even though I have held my wifes purse many times while shopping, I think from here on out, I will look forward to carrying it for her.

Thanks
    Randi

Platinum Member
    Hi Krisi, Been there and done that too with my DA/DT wife while at the
    Doctors office and while clothes shopping, over my shoulder right away. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Silver Member
    Sure we are cool with carrying them on our shoulders due in part to our CD thing but I find it amusing when seemingly tough macho types seem to have a fear of even touching it. I mean if you are a guy's guy, what could happen? Will you suddenly want to carry one all the time...really?
    Blue...She does it so naturally too which is nice. I don't think mine realizes that I like to do it though.