Thread: dressing like others

dressing like others

Does anyone else dress like women you know? I.e. ex girlfriends or coworkers. I guess taking style ques from them. Trying to find exact matches to their outfits. It can be hard to find older items but fun just the same..currently in surch of a business style jumpsuit from some one i knew long ago.

Yes I have and still do. It is about my favorite quirk. I have borrowed the outfits they were wearing in a few cases and duplicated it if it was someone I couldn't share with due to size or what ever, not wanting to be outed most of the time. I have trouble now with my size and physical condition doing it but I still clone my wife from time to time with duplicates of her things, mannerism, clothes, hair and makeup. It is a lot of fun and stimulating when you can share the session.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    I tend to dress like other women I know who work in my field, or maybe a lil more femme. I love to look nice, which makes me feel nice. It's my 'high' when I see how pretty i look in the mirror in to morning before trudging off to work. I know I do better work and feel more positive when I feel pretty. Even my boss has commented on it, and she dresses nicer now than she did when she first hired me. She said she couldn't let me outdo her
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

Aspiring Member
    in the 90's I used to work in a typical office, were women wore skirt suits, nylons and heels. That was the style I gravitated towards. I now work in a health care facility where everyone wears scrubs uniforms. Everyday styles these days seem to be more focused on comfort rather than attractiveness. I am seldom inspired by what I see women wearing around me. Every once in a while I will see a look that I find attractive and try to emulate it. Sometimes that is hard because some of the items the look may be a couple of seasons out and it's difficult to find the pieces to complete the look.

Reality Check
    I don't dress like anyone in particular, including my wife. I just try to dress like the sister I never had or me if I had been born a woman. So - no "hooker" outfits, no six inch heels.

Being raised in the 50's and 60's, I guess I'm going more for the June Cleaver look.
    It's sort of a habit now,
    I get dressed, put on my makeup and do whatever it is I need to do for the day.
    I guess now it's more the chubby little old lady theme.

Banned Read only
    S A:

In concept, I would probably emulate my mother. '48 is my birth year, so I was an adolescent and teenager in the 50's and 60's. I think my dressing has a lot of sensibilities from that time period and I do have some items from those times. However, I do mix those elements with things from the 70's to the 90's as a stylish blend. It would not be considered in style, per se.

As far as I remember, I haven't tried to go after any particular outfit. As my mother passed away in '88, I'm largely going from memory anyway, so it is really more of an impressionistic thing.

DeeAnn

Banned Read only
    Stephanie,
    I tend to dress by working outfits out, if I find a nice skirt in a charity shop, I'll search out clothes, accessories and shoes to bring it all together, so I don't copy any particular woman just do my own thing and thoroughly enjoy it.

I observe women to see what styles they wear, what looks good on a woman my age and size.
    I don't specifically dress like them, I just use the cues they provide and find items that work for me and what I'm comfortable in.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Not exactly, but I het so jealous of what some women around me wear, lol.