My wife and I arranged a weekend getaway for ourselves during the Valentine's weekend. We went out to dinner, then saw a romantic movie, The Choice, and then checked into a hotel for the evening. While we were enjoying a soak in the hotel's hot tub. The conversation somehow turned toward feeling different textures against our legs. She knows I shave my legs and most of my body and is cool with that. She said, "You knows what really tickles and drives me crazy?" "When I have pantyhose on and I tickle my legs."

I replied, "Oh really, I haven't tried that yet." She responded, "Haha....yeah right. What...are you a crossdresser or something?" She could tell by the look on my face that she had busted me. At that point, after over 25 years of keeping it secret from her I told her yes, I was a crossdresser.

She didn't jump out of the hot tub and run for the door. She didn't respond with anything that I could perceive as her feeling deceived all these years.

The first question she asked was, "Did you wear your sisters clothes?" I told here a couple of stories of my childhood start in crossdressing. How my mom sent me to school in my sister's tights because she said their were no clean socks to wear. How I would dress up in my sister's clothes and we would play together.

My wife said she knew I was really into fashion and said that must be what the attraction is in women's clothes.

We were just starting to explore the topic further in that empty hotel pool area, when some more people came in. Unfortunately, the subject was dropped just like that.

As I mentioned, my wife knew of my fascination with all fashion, men's and women's. She knows I wear some female clothes in drab. I occasionally wear women's jeans, shoes, shorts, and sweaters and seems cool about all that.

She also knows I wear some light makeup (foundation and concealer) on a daily basis and seems to be OK with that. She likes that I give her tips on makeup and fashion and I've introduced her to some new things that she's adopted into her makeup routine like a beauty blender sponge and using Nail Envy to strengthen her nails every once and awhile.

I've also recently learned how to sew and now we both sew on the weekends and she'll often ask me my opinion on some garment she is constructing.

I say all this to say that when I admitted to being a crossdresser last weekend, it wasn't too much out of character.

First of all it feels soooooo good to be able to know that I no longer have to hide this secret from her. I'm out of the closet and moving to the next level. At least that's what I dreamed would happen when I finally gathered up the courage to tell her. By next level I mean moving all the things that I have hidden into my drawers and my side of the closet, and just being able to talk more freely about my feminine feelings. But, that's not what is happening.

Like I said, our conversation ended abruptly and I really couldn't go through all the points I wanted to talk about when I rehearsed the scene in my head. And she didn't get to ask any of the questions she may have based on what others have said their spouses have asked.

The subject wasn't brought up by her the rest of the weekend and we had a fantastic weekend together where we both felt a deeper love for each other as we reflected on it on Monday. That night I went out and bought a card that expressed my love for her and wrote a note thanking her for accepting me as I am and apologizing for keeping the secret from her all these years. I also added that if she ever wanted to talk about my crossdressing or have questions about it, I wanted to talk.

I left it on the dresser and left for work. Later that morning she sent me a text thanking me for the card and expressing love for me with words and emojis. Since the first discussion, the topic has never been brought up.

Now I feel like I'm in limbo. Should I wait for her to bring it up again? Should I continue to conceal any of my ferminine clothing or makeup that she has never seen until I get the green light from her? Has this happened to you? If you are a GG reading this, I would appreciate any advice. If she needs time, I'm OK with that. It's this not knowing what she's thinking that's driving me crazy.