Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What would you do if??

Happens to me once , ran in to the bathroom turned on the shower while I chanced then jumped in long enough to get wet. The. Went to check the door in a towel.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I would just act as normal as possible I think because for me it is my normal, it would be an interesting conversation I'm sure but I would just roll with it

Ahh ha ha, my daughter came to my place one time. I had hid my stuff. She found some lip gloss in the bath room and informed me they were for girls. I said my lips were dry and I bought them for that. She replied I should go get male stuff instead of this stuff. LOL
    Part Time Girl

I can only say it's depends.

I've considered this if a friend, male or female, walked in on Linda. In that case I'd introduce myself and ask if they'd like a cup of coffee or tea. I'd expect there'd be some questions but no inquisition.

I do answer the phone when home but not the door. One time the Exterminator arrived to check the outside of the house. As I tend to work in front of the kitchen window I ran around like chicken with their head cut off getting out of my clothes and makeup. That was an over reaction and I should have just gone upstairs until they finished.

Well, I have been busted twice by neighbors. I really am not concerned what they think. 1st time I was enjoying a Saturday morning on my patio out back. Sitting in a womens nylon robe, wearig a full slip, panties and padded bra. I was sitting there drinking my morning coffee Mr. Nosey from a few doors down came from out of no where. He obviously noticed what I was wearing. He ended up sitting down and we chatted for over an hour. I even went in an got him a cup of coffee. I think he liked what he saw. 2nd time it happened I was cleaning the house, also a Saturday morning ritual. I always do this wearing panties, padded bra and a full slip, no robe. As I was vacuuming by the from door, the door bell rang. As I turned to look at the side light window next to the door, there was the woman from across the street standing there looking right at me. She smiled, I motioned one second with my finger and went in and grabbed my robe. She already seen me, so why worry about it now??? I answered the door, opened it up about a quarter of the way. She looked at me head to toe and smiled. Told me she liked my choice of apparel and handed me my mail that she received by accident. There is another story with her....but that is another thread.

Would it or does it just come down to courage when that moment arrives?

Actually, a couple weeks ago I was fully dressed, wig, and all. A neighbor knocked on my door a couple times for some HOA thing that was going on. My garage door was open with the car inside so he knew I was home. I didn't answer. He told one of our neighbor friends that he knocked on my door and I didn't answer so she brought it up to me. I just said "oh, I was upstairs." I later ran into the neighbor who told me he came by so I just told him I was in the shower. Meanwhile I was really hiding in my closet, thanking god he didn't knock on my door as I walked by the window which happened Bout 2 seconds, no exaggeration, beforehand.

I am actually slowly come round to the thought that well I am happier when dressed en femme so why worry about the possibility of what might happen, time will tell I suppose, I have had a few thoughts that more of my expat friends know than are admitting so we will have to see.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    My initial response is based on years and years of hiding from my truth and would be to try to find a way to change quickly or just hide. Recently I've been coming out to people in my life and so far the response has been positive and supportive, so I may respond differently now. My preference, however, is to try and control the disclosure of the information to avoid an unwanted fear or surprise response that outweighed the love or respect that would be there if I managed the disclosure.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.