Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you do if??

I haven't thought much on this. My close friend who might show up unannounced is well aware of my true self. His wife is too. So I don't know what to do if another person showed up. But, I don't think I'd worry too much anymore. I used to, but now it's just who I am. If you like me great, if you don't, well, there's the door.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

Right on, Sky! Might as well have some fun!

ALL my friends know, so no biggie

Sky...absolutely perfect response.

I've had many such occasions. Risking same right now. Current practice is my wife knows and tolerates the time it takes me to change; but daughter is visiting so greater discretion is called for. Most of the time, I rush to change unless in full make-up and painted nails; a few times I have signed for a package en femme and recognized a grin - other times laid low. It must be what keeps delivery jobs interesting. Let's not let them down; however, alas, other than my dear wife I don't have a close enough friend to trust with this issue. Play dates anyone? Joni

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Never in that situation as I would never leave the doors open and unlocked.
    Me either. But this has happened. I waited a moment, yelled that I was in the bathroom, and would be out in a few minutes.

How long does it take you to quick change? I can be out of all my girl stuff in about a minute, grab my shorts and t shirt, and head towards the bathroom where i can take off my nail polish (which takes less than 5 minutes, you do several nails at a time, because this is no time to be saving pennies on solvents).
    That done, let them in, take a REAL quick shower, get dressed in drab. Total time elapsed, about 12 minutes and we're out of the house.
    If you wear make up, keep whatever commercial makeup removal cloths available too (neutragena makes several types).
    I don't have any friends that will be wandering around my house while I'm in the bathroom; they come in, help themselves, have a seat in the living room or kitchen while I finish washing up. Or sit on the porch if the door's locked. No big deal. And, no problems.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 02-20-2016 at 12:57 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Silver Member
    Back in the early 70s I rented a house. Was over cleaning it up and decided to get dressed. I was in living room sitting when I heard the screen door open. Thought for a second it was my dad who knew, but it was the neighbor down the road. I jumped up and said I'll be right out. He stepped out on the porch and I ran to the backroom to get other clothes on. He came back in I slipped on a pair of slacks and jacket put slid my feet into my sandals. As I'm walking out to the yard to see how to use the watering system I looked down and realized you could see the nylons through the sandal front. DUH. Anyway we spent about half an hour walking and talking. Later when I thought about it he had seen me in the dress, I still had the forms on so the light jacket showed projection and my slip's lace was hanging out in the back. He never said a word and stayed friendly while I lived there so I guess it didn't bother him.

Today I just answer the door. UPS guy, mail lady, neighbors all have seen me. Doesn't seem to bother them.
    Last edited by lingerieLiz; 02-20-2016 at 01:30 AM.

Liz, like you, I will answer the door dressed for post deliveries and such like but as yet do not quite know how I would handle a friend coming unannounced, brazen it out and wait for the fall out or be cautious?

At age 14, I think my sister and mom realized i was experimenting with their things. My mom did not mention what i was doing, but strongly tried to get me to go to a psychiatrist then. She wanted my dad to go with me, but he would not. I think he may have had a little fetish too! I rented rooms with other people, and several times almost got caught! I forgot some elastic bracelets in the showers at one place i stayed, and the 78 yr old lady who owned the house found them and left them by my bed. Later, after moving out, i sent her some photos of me as Alice. She was not pleased to say the least! Just last week, i was in a full day dressing and photo session, when the knock came on my door!! I looked out the window to make sure it was not my sister or brother, than asked who it was. My next door neighbor! I said i was not dressed yet, then , decided to open the door, as she knew i dress , but had not seen me dressed for years. I had on wig, pearls, broach, purple dress, hose and heels. No problem. She had seen lots of Cd, TS years ago. Just hope she doesn't tell the older couple nest to her, who she talks with a lot! Oh well.

Over the years I would have run and hid somewhere,
    But now, at this point in my life, I would face the music, open the door, and see what happens.
    This is me, The world will have to get over it.

unless it was my father at the door, that I don't know what I would do.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Had a guy walking on my roof two years ago. I was not sure if he was a burglar or an idiot... he was an Idiot.

I de-dressed, and was rather pissed when I confronted him. Turns out he was a bit stoned, wrong address.

What bothers me is i would have preferred him to be a burglar. So much adrenaline, I really wanted to pound him into a mush.

Why would I want to hurt some moron? I still think the general in-acceptance of or crossdressers by society has a criminal or civil liability.

Media still mocks and embarrasses us. Assholes.

All I can say is thank goodness that stoners are laid back. Total opposite still owes me for losing several buttons on a cute black and white plaid taffeta dress.

Actually- my biggest conundrum is that I usually do not dress up as well as I could- not fully. I am actually more embarrassed at the though of not trying hard enough.

if it comes to it. I will face someone. But they had best have a good reason for intruding. Which can be said for anyone- CD aspect or otherwise. I know this does not speak well for me, I'm not all that much of an ambassador. for that, I do apologize.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 02-21-2016 at 01:18 PM. Reason: don't try and bypass filters

I would have to run to the bathroom and pretend I was in the shower...

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I'm not sure I agree with the premise. This is like people who are compelled to answer a ringing telephone. There is no law that it must be answered.

Likewise there is nothing that says you must open the door for an unannounced visitor. There is always the "I was in the bathroom" excuse if you need it later, but I just don't see that someone knocking on one's outside door needs, necessarily, to compel you to do anything. Just sayin

Silver Member
    My first landlady was a bear and asked me to leave after she found fem stuff in my room. My second one was great. I think she saw my clothes and stuff. She was a hair dresser. When a friend talked me into going out as a girl for a prank. She helped me get ready and her boyfriend made my friend come in like it was a date. After that I openly dressed in front of them.

Since I crossdress 100% of the time, the only embarrassment comes when someone catches me without my makeup.

suchacutie... This is like people who are compelled to answer a ringing telephone.

For our my wife and I, we do not believe in running for the phone unless we know it is family or something is going on. We have keep our "wall phone" set for years now to ring twice and then it go's into the deliberately set generic answering message.

The great side of this is we do not get many if any at all of those annoying marketing or robo-calls.

Aspiring Member
    Since I'm 24/7 I don't care. They either take me for who I am or not.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    The doors are open, your car's outside, and you're unprepared to be caught dressed?

Hmm... I suppose you could plead temporary insanity?
    I used to have a short attention spa

I have had the mailman come up and beep, a sign that said hey, come out to he truck and sign for a package, I was dressed is a cute tennis type skirt and top along with skimmers, and of course hair and makeup. I went and singed, he was professional about it, but, did yea ever get that feeling that you could feel someone staring a hole through you as you walked away! Anyway, he has seen me several other times now as well as the meter man and a few others who make deliveries. I guess, at some point in your life you just give up worrying about what others think and go about being the person you feel comfortable being.

I tend to only wear tights and shorts with a tshirt - I think I would run upstairs to put some lounge pants on...but leave my feet exposed to risk being noticed!

Jenny part of your thread really nails it " Being the person you are comfortable being", as I do but this is one hurdle as yet to be jumped over by me, that is greeting a close unannounced friend at the door.

Our domestic situation is we're surrounded by our own green acres and have a long drive patrolled by large dogs, the outer gate to the road being locked normally, so unannounced callers don't happen. Helicopters are noisy & announce themselves!!

One Summer's day MOH was gardening and heard a lot of angry barking out front, went to investigate and found two very unhappy blokes pinned back against our greenhouse by our most bloodthirsty hound. They had ignored the dog sign on the gate (which wasn't locked) and walked 150 yards past it. When asked what their business was they replied that they were selling 'Telecom Home Security' !!. MOH said they'd just met ours and they beat a hasty retreat.

M.

Many years ago something similar to this hypothetical actual happened to me. My roommate returned home unexpectedly. I was appalled and scared to death. I barricaded the door and didn't let him in. He left thinking I was up to something no good. Understandably, our joint housing arrangement ended shortly after that.
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Where I am now, and depending on who it was, I'd probably say f*uck it and open the door. It also might depend on how I looked that day too.

Recently a close female friend dropped by and walked in the side door unannounced. I was not dressed at the time but I had wanted to dress that day and she could easily have walked in on me.
    I thought about it later and decided that I would just have had to carry on as normal and tell her that yes, this was me.