Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recovering from a purge what did you do?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Very interesting ladies thanks for sharing your reasons.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    last time i purged...or should i say my LAST purge when i finally realized I should embrace and accept my crossdressing/gender issue...i decided to do it right. I knew I was rusty and had to get my makeup game back up, i also had about 40 pounds of depression fat to get rid of, so what i did was set 2 goals first.
    1.lose the 40 pounds
    2. get better at makeup.

So for THREE MONTHS I re- learned my makeup, JUST practiced my makeup, I worked from the neck up, i never dressed because I knew from the neck down i still had 40 pounds to lose so....i used my time wisely and just did makeup for my first 3 months, and never dressed because i knew i would get dissapointed cause of my weight. The whole time i practiced makeup, i excersized, and dieted, and LOST the weight...then after those first 3 months of working on the makeup, the body, and my mind...i finally put on the clothes...i did it this way because at this point i had realized that it wasnt so much about the clothes, as much as it was about how i felt inside, so i wanted to make the outside match the inside and figured before i put the clothes on, i better get my body back, and get my makeup skills up first...cause i knew the clothes were just clothes..and if i could run 6 miles everyday and diet that this must be something i really really wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura.Taylor View Post
    I purged after my first wife asked for a divorce. I stopped dressing for 10 years. When I started again, it was very slowly. stocking and panties, then added a garter belt, then a few more pairs of panties. It was almost a year until I bought a wig and breast forms, but from there, BOOM, I had a full wardrobe and makeup in a couple of weeks. For me it was once I could see "Laura" through my male facade I fell in love with her again. I've promised myself to never purge again. Lets hope I never have to.
    Laura, over the past 35 years I have purged so many times I can't even count, at this time in my life I buy my clothes and sexy underthings for my own pleasure and keep them in a private place.I feel sexy and stimulated when I'am dressed. From your picture you look beautiful don't quit , very sexy!Devone

Tracii, I know that guilt and shame, cause it. Religious guilt, and societal guilt, or family guilt. " Men don't wear women's clothes." "Are you a man or woman." "Gay?" It is self loathing , guilt and shame.

I have purged more times than I care to remember, I usually started out with all the basic essentials to put together 1 outfit and present , so bra panties , jeans a top , pair of heels , make up essentials.
    A second shopping trip would yield maybe some more finishing touches
    Press on nails jewelry , a purse. May be a skirt and another top , then a 3rd trip maybe a corset stockings ect , a few more shades of lipstick. Then before I knew it my empty bidding place was overflowing once again

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    The last time I purged was over twenty years ago. Had two kids in high school we were getting ready to move and trying to find a way to pare down our belongings so we could get everything on the truck. I had been able to dress for a long time anyway and at that point in time I wasn't sure I ever would again anyway so it just seemed like I didn't need what I had so I put a lot of it on the yard sale and some it we took to good will.

When I started back it was slowly, while my wife new about it she was then and still is back and forth on the acceptance part of it, the first thing I got was panties and then a nightgown and then more panties and a bra. The one day I was on ebay and found this little black dress and I had to have it and it was only $4. I have a few times went into the "pink fog" and bought a whole bunch of things at once.

Since the last purge I don't really purge I have packed things up and left them for periods of time but it's way to expensive to replace it all.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    ...i had realized that it wasnt so much about the clothes, as much as it was about how i felt inside...
    Good point. Clothes are the reflection of what we feel.

DeeAnn

I just had my latest, ( and biggest) early this January . Part of it was from watching "The Danish Girl", which I actually found to be very disillusioning and depressing. However, about three weeks ago, I found a spare pair of pantyhose I had stashed... Now I am back at it more intensely than ever. My wardrobe is a small fraction of what it used to be, but I have had my first makeup lesson at Sephora, and got the courage to go to a few bars for drinks, ( only a few asked for ID, and it was a total non-event.) I don't really miss the clothes and makeup I tossed, since buying new stuff is most of the fun for me. I do regret destroying my USB with 3 years of photos, though - so many memories...

I love the idea of practicing makeup to get back into the swing. Good way to find my look and I love the transformation process the most

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    last time i purged...or should i say my LAST purge when i finally realized I should embrace and accept my crossdressing/gender issue...i decided to do it right. I knew I was rusty and had to get my makeup game back up, i also had about 40 pounds of depression fat to get rid of, so what i did was set 2 goals first.
    1.lose the 40 pounds
    2. get better at makeup.

So for THREE MONTHS I re- learned my makeup, JUST practiced my makeup, I worked from the neck up, i never dressed because I knew from the neck down i still had 40 pounds to lose so....i used my time wisely and just did makeup for my first 3 months, and never dressed because i knew i would get dissapointed cause of my weight. The whole time i practiced makeup, i excersized, and dieted, and LOST the weight...then after those first 3 months of working on the makeup, the body, and my mind...i finally put on the clothes...i did it this way because at this point i had realized that it wasnt so much about the clothes, as much as it was about how i felt inside, so i wanted to make the outside match the inside and figured before i put the clothes on, i better get my body back, and get my makeup skills up first...cause i knew the clothes were just clothes..and if i could run 6 miles everyday and diet that this must be something i really really wanted.

I am still recovering. I am slowly getting clothing, mostly from Goodwill; wigs and makeup are next. And rejoining online groups (URNA, Flickr, crossdressers.com) is part of it, too. Baby steps still.

Kris

Banned Read only
    K:

What you said is a perfect match for the phrase: "It is a journey...".

DeeAnn

I have purged perhaps twice, regretted it and came back. I'll probably never purge again. What a complete waste of time!

Never tossed it all away, ever.

I did come back gradually tho only time I did it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    Purged once only to have my wife find me depressed and listless . After WE spent hundreds of dollars replacing slips, skirts, bras, & etc., if or when my purge urge hits she yells stop. Her cure for my "problem" is a little retail therapy at the nearest lingerie counter.

If have purged twice in the last 2 years because of health issues. I don't want someone finding my private stash if something were to happen to me. However, the fun of starting over is.....starting over.
    I never new how masculine I was until I tried to be a woman

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tifftg View Post
    now I find that unless I am dressing fully with makeup and wig it doesn't seem to be enough. Big deep dive.
    That's the problem with obsessions, they become bottomless pits, impossible to fill. It's hard to stick to a budget or create boundaries...

Aspiring Member
    Admit it was a mistake and swear never to do it again.