Thread: Drag queens?

Banned Read only

Drag queens?

Does anyone have any experience either performing as or knowing a drag queen? I went on Facebook looking for other crossdresser to meet up with, but I can only find drag queens that are stage performers. I have no problem going to a drag show. I just don't want to walk in alone. It's hard making friends with other crossdressers as we're so spread out.

Search for a support group in your area. I found a cross dresser group in my city - they call themselves a social club, and it's certainly helped me. They have an informal meeting once a month and then some of us go out to a drag club afterwards.
    You may not find one in close proximity to you depending on the size of your town/city. But keep looking. Don't give up hope.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    I don't know where "Middle America" is so I don't know your geography. But there is no shortage of CDers to get together with here in West Michigan. Friday February 19th a bunch of u will be OUT enfemme together. No this post is not to promote that gathering. But it is hoping to encourage you to find others. I did it by starting a social and support group. Maybe that will work for you. Or maybe there is one nearby already.

Generally speaking, most drag queens are gay men who dress only to perform, so they don't usually have much in common with crossdressers. There are some exceptions. You're more likely to meet kindred spirits by looking for support groups that are near you.
    My name is Carol.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Isn't Middle America nearly the size of Europe?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Drag shows are fun to watch.
    Last one I went to there were CD's, regular men and women and some gay patrons all having a good time.
    I wouldn't worry about going in alone nobody is going to bother you.
    Where in middle America are you?

I have performed in an amateur drag show on several occasions, although I was never "draggy" with my look, more just very glam. Queens can be fun to be around but they are also a very jealous bunch (competition is fierce to perform). Once they learned that I was there just for a laugh some of the more snooty ones started to warm up but they do not relate to us in most ways.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    there are 1000's of cd's on facebook...u must be looking in the wrong places. Try looking, or joining the groups on facebook...there are tons of them, there may even be some in your local area too...

Banned Read only
    Looking in Atlanta. Living in Indianapolis. Going to be in Atlanta for business soon. A lot of dress up time to be available there.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    atlanta has a bubbling scene......i will send you a name to look up privately....she can point you in the right direction

Banned Read only
    Meetup.com,urnotalone,........triess
    Last edited by summerbunny; 02-19-2016 at 05:55 AM.

Going to a drag show enfem is probably the best thing to do. There will most likely be other crossdressers and trans people there. Here where I'm at, the places where drag showes are t they are more welcoming than other places. But this is the midsouth America. Anyway, I know a drag queen, who is in transition and had given up the drag scene in pursuit of being a female. They aren't all bad. When doing your search, look for transgender rather than crossdressers.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

My fiance just took me to a drag club in Fort Lauderdale, FL (LIPS - http://www.fladragshow.com/#dragdining). I was in drab, but she wore a wig she bought when I bought one of mine. The club only had valet parking, so I was able to stand by the door and watch the guests arrive. I noticed lots of CDers arriving alone or with another guest (in drab or dressed). The drag queens served as the wait staff and as an act during the show. After seeing how over the top they dressed, I would be completely comfortable walking in dressed. I might do that soon. If you walk in alone, ask the staff to seat you with other "interesting" guests. They will understand and you might be surprise who you meet.