Thread: Mexican adventure

Mexican adventure

So I've done it. I've landed in Mexico without a single stitch of male clothing for a fortnight's business trip. I experienced zero problems at the airports or on the flight. Once i'd arrived at my host's house (23 hours door to door), we had a chat about the changed clothing. Really, he was just curious, and interested in the diversity of our TG community.

He was interested in seeing my clothing, and for the first time since I've been dressing I felt a little self-conscious, like I didn't want to "reveal all" as it were. As I see it, it's the same discomfort any lady would feel about a man (who's not her partner) seeing her panties, there's something private about them. Has anyone else experienced something like this?

So I'm going to keep a little trip journal running here to report on how it goes being out in one of the most macho cultures around.

xxx Pamela
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Pamela. Looking forward to your ongoing reporting from this trip. Are you dressing androgenously or full bore femme? Among other observations you offer us, I'd especially appreciate your comments on the use of public bathrooms in Mexico, as well as a description of your outfits and how you are. received by friends and strangers alike.

Go forth with girl power!

Best regards,
    Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Very bold and trailblazing. Good luck and please, have a good time and be safe. Some will probably think you're just one of those crazy Americans.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    Hola! Looking forward to hearing about your adventure. I hope it's everything you're hoping it will be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

i got told my thong was showing in the gym this morning, so that went with a bit of laughter.

Rhonda, yesterday travelling was more andro - polo tunic top and gym pants for comfort, plus my bright purple fleece (that can't be missed!), and andro walking shoes. Any woman would have noticed, most men of course less likely unless they're in our club.

I'm about to change into a cobalt blue low-cut tunic and some bright purple leggings for going out to breakfast, but its so warm already i might swap for a T and shorts (both obviously ladies cut). More sartorial detail will follow, xxx
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

When I was younger, the curious could look at my wardrobe and comment.

My girlfriends were always looking out for potential dressers.

One favourable comment from the guys and they would find themselves being asked to disrobe and try on a dress. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Well done, Pamela. Loof forward to the next installment. Is Welshgirl with you?
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Welshgirl is at home, tending that which needs tending. :-) She's not interesting in hanging around while i'm doing business, so she'll come out here on holiday sometime(s).

Breakfast out went well, 2 ladies coming in seemed to think/whisper to eachother that we were a gay couple ... wottevvah! I didn't notice any particular attention at the supermarket.

Changed into a cami tunic now, it's hot here: 32C compared to the uk 0-10.

Hi good luck and enjoy!
    Being Mexican I would like to dispell the hollywood induced misconception about " one of the most macho cultures". We are not, Mexico city and many tourist spots are very open and tolerant. We do like to wisper, so if you are made you will see people gossipping about it, but that is it.
    Nevertheless be careful and safe, we do have some common criminality that can get to you regardless of your dressing preferences.
    Enjoy México!

Hi Annajose, sorry, I didn't mean to disrespect the Mexican culture, I've met mostly gentle people here over the years. Today I felt like some loitering males were giving me disdainful/distated looks.

As to the clothes, today we went shopping for 3/4 length capri-pants i think u call them; something cool for the heat, which has been quite a shock from the british winter, managed to find 2 pairs XL - white and orange, respectively. Lots of lovely thin tops there, but too small :-(

Very gutsy, Pamela! Thanks for your posts and I look forward to following your trip. Good luck with the whole enchalada; -)

Very interesting adventure, I want to visit my birth town as the real me...may I ask what part of Mexico you are visiting?

Hi Barbara, Cuernavaca.

We had a surprise visitor today, an older male, he seemed to be okay with me in a cami tunic!

I'm glad to hear that your trip is going well. I've lived near the Mexican border and have travelled all over the country, from Sonora and Baja to the central highlands, Pacific coast, and Yucatan. I've met a lot of great people.

Unfortunately, the current political situation is such that I've stopped going south of the border. There has always been corruption, but the tacit agreement was that tourists were left alone. I always felt safe in the cities or countryside.

With the ouster of the PRI the rules changed and suddenly tourists were being targeted if the narco gangs didn't get their way. That situation doesn't seem to have improved in the last few years.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Good luck Pammie! Do you speak Spanish - I can't remember?
    I used to have a short attention spa

I'd reply in Spanish, Nikki, but ...
    So today i was mostly in cami top and 3/4 length capri pants. at lunch and dinner i was surrounded by the ladies and my colleague was surrounded by the men - result! I got to admire some nails and ab-fab sandal-boots, and some jewellery, and I got a promise of a shopping trip before I go home.

Earlier I'd been wearing a cami tunic dress, seemed to be a bit much for one guy so i changed to the above clothing. He asked me later "why ...? / do you also have normal clothes?"

Hi Pamela,
    I did not take any offense, I hope you enjoy Cuernavaca, I go there frequently when in México to visit friends and in-laws, beautiful area!.
    I understand you totally on the clothes, I really cannot buy anything in México, my size is a bit on the large size for the typical female Mexican ladies.
    Actually one of my dreams is to be there sometime in my life en femme and enjoying a very relaxed atmosphere!
    So far can only be a dream!

Enjoy Cuernavaca! Careful with the sun!

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    All that female attention- you LOVE it.

I would too.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkilovesdresses View Post
    All that female attention- you LOVE it.

What she said!

Guilty as charged!! Come Monday its ladies only for the rest of the week, and they're doing my nails - oh the hardships - but there's so much to learn!

So today was mainly white 3/4 capri pants and a white T with horizontal fine blue stripes - got a bit of "sailor" banter from the guys - changed to a lilac cami top for the afternoon heat. And I got a massage from one of the ladies. All in all, a hard day's work. I should explain, we're a group of 10 in a retreat place, middle of nowhere outside Tepoztlan and I'm helping them sort their lives out (that's the hard work bit).

28th: grey cami tunic dress and grey leggings, hotter day but actually leggings felt cooler than the capris.

So, "Mexican pink" nails since Monday morning - they feel great. A trick in doing the nails, is to leave the thumbs to last and use them to wipe any edge problems as you go along, also to place the finger being done firmly on a surface; none of the mid-air way i'd been taught.

The tunics have been out in force, but i so wish I'd brought some skirts too. Oh well.

4th March: Still alive and well. I hear that my colleague was asked a) if i was gay, b) if i was an alien. Go figure.

5th: today is the "farewell barbie", which i'm interpreting at least 2 ways :-). my colleagues here now all call me Pamela or Pam, so that's a result.

One little incident of note: i was lying out in the hot sun to soak up some rays, and rather than taking off my cami top I pulled it up into more of a bra/tank form. Unusual for me, but it was as if I had to do this. Quite a femme response i reckon.
    Last edited by pamela7; 03-05-2016 at 01:20 PM.