Thread: Gettin Mam'ed a lot.

Gettin Mam'ed a lot.

Today I worked out and did yoga. So, I had on my t-shirt, workout pants and tennis shoes. Orange color that sometimes look pink. Walked into MacDonalds and ordered. when I picked up the order. She said have a nice day mam.
    I do have long blonde hair and my ears are pierced with gold balls for earrings.
    But if i am shaved I get mam'ed a lot. So, heck if I go out in fem. I never get any strange looks.
    Yesterday, with male blue jeans, t-shirt. I was mam'ed at the electronic counter in Walmart. As many would say here that is okay. But not when I am male. LOL
    Part Time Girl

I got ma'am-ed yesterday in the McDonald's drive-thru, when they were looking right at me. I have short-medium length hair (long for I regular guy I guess ), and my glasses are kinda unisex ovals, and I had my regular guy poofy winter coat on. Funny when we worry or try so hard to pass, then pass some days without batting an eyelash.

Banned Read only
    Dana, if you get mamed a lot in work out clothes and guy jeans I would say you are blessed beyond expectations and so many on here would love to trade places with you. If you look that good not dressed I'm sure you're a 100 percenter dressed, that means you can fully dress, go public, pass and present as a woman with no gaulking or second looks. How can you not do it like nearly all the time.

Reality Check
    If being called "Ma'am when dressed as a male bothers you, you can change your appearance to look more masculine. Long blonde hair and earrings isn't helping.

I suspect secretly, you're loving it. Otherwise you wouldn't have posted.

These clerks and sales people see hundreds of people, day after day and they only have a split second to decide how to address you.

Must be nice. You are so lucky!

Krisi - she say truth!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I get that frequently in guy mode I just let it go its no big deal.
    Men ma'am me more than women and always apologize profusely but I say to them "thats OK don't worry it happens a lot".
    If you act like its nothing it will be.

I pray for the day I get mam'ed!!

Hi y'all, ma'am! . . Oh I meant Laura

Yay! my first ma'am thank you Annie!!

I get ma'am a lot. Not sure I like it. That is what my mother taught us to address older women to be polite. I still do it for some, but not many older anymore. I guess that means I am one of those older women. I would prefer Miss but that is hardly used anymore. I worked hard to be a miss.

My wife and I have started counting how many times we get called ma'am or ladies when we go to the mall. I have started to feel disappointed when it doesn't happen.

Once I was ma'amed at a store by a transman who was deeply sorry for the mistake. I tried to let him know it was ok since I was the one carrying a purse.

Thanks for the replies. LOL at the Va I was sitting reading a magazine in the waiting area. A person said sir. I looked up at him and said. oh, sorry mam do you need any help. LOL Ah, I do seem to pass. It is harder to dress male and still get called that. But as Krisi said, Long hair and earrings don't help. LOL yeah they do and by the way many men do wear earrings. I'm sure they do not get mam'med.
    Part Time Girl

My fave getting ma-am-ed story was when I was on a shuttle Bus during the 2008 USA Presidential elections, that was taking me and my daughter to a Hillary Clinton Rally. I was in a full man's suit and tie but I have rather bushy bobby longish hair, kinda like an early Dorothy Hamill bob, and I had on a long wool black overcoat. The cop guiding people off of the bus looked right at me and said, "Please, right this way ma'am" never noticing at all that I was a guy. Part of it i guess was because I was the only guy on the bus, and the cop probably figured this was a bus full of women going to see Hillary. My daughter (high-schooler at the time) goofed on me for the rest of the day about that! If she only really knew!

I have long hair and nails so I get it a lot, especially when seen from behind.

I used to get Miss'ed a lot when I was younger.

98 lbs slim fitting clothes and 5' 8" tall.

What happened. ????
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.