Thread: Showing off??

Be yourself.

Showing off??

18yrs old, crossdressing for 5 years.

Let me explain:

These days in Greece we have the corresponding Halloween.

Last week was a costume party and I got fully dressed with the help of my (very skilled) girlfriend. My closest friends who saw me first told me that it's FREAKISH how I resemble a girl, and they seemed a little weirded out, though still in a good mood. I felt SO flattered. It was one of these moments you rarely feel so many positive emotions and they just hit you. I didn't care for a split second about being too overdressed (or overcostumed?) for the party, or what ANYBODY thought of me (truth is some people who recognized me gave a couple of disapproving looks, anyhow). I felt pretty, and like I was flying. The rush of happy feelings was so immense, I had a genuine good time.

Upon returning from the party and before I removed my makeup I took a few photos. The next day I showed the best one to my mother, told her it was taken as part of a joke with my gf. As soon as she looked at that photo she was staggered. the photo was so convincing she, as a joke, showed it to the rest of the family (who were also pretty surprised, but they took it well). Although I'm feeling a bit ashamed because it's my good ol family, deep down my heart is jumping. Same response from a couple of trustworthy friends.

I love almost everything around cding. Browsing/wearing clothes, taking care of my skin and hair, learning more about makeup and how to act (walk/talk/move) like a woman. The sexual thrill has worn off, so it is more than just a turn on.

So that got me thinking, is it weird that I want to literally show off?

(note: I am very aware that crossdressing is something I do for ME. It's just that the overwhelmingly positive reactions of the people around me push me deeper down the rabbit's hole.)
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

Banned Read only
    Ilianar,
    No it's not weird, it's natural to want to express your feelings and need validation for it ! Keep a copy of the picture it's part of your process of acceptance, I'm still using pictures as a means of coming to terms with my CDing and getting acceptance from other people. Besides I now use it to keep a record of how an outfit looked and if I would change anything or need to buy something different to make it work better.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    I am thrilled for you that you shared yourself and that you got a positive response but..... you didn't really share yourself. You showed folks something that is not a joke for you, and basically told them that it is in fact a joke. Then when they enjoyed the joke, and thought it was a good joke, you took it that they were giving the real you a complement. Before you allow all of these positive responses to push you further down the rabbit hole, maybe you should tell them all that it is not a joke, and it was not down just for Halloween. And then judge the response you get. Maybe it will be just as positive!

Just a thought.......

Why would it be weird to enjoy acceptance and validation?

Be yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine Spirit View Post
    I am thrilled for you that you shared yourself and that you got a positive response but..... you didn't really share yourself. You showed folks something that is not a joke for you, and basically told them that it is in fact a joke. Then when they enjoyed the joke, and thought it was a good joke, you took it that they were giving the real you a complement. Before you allow all of these positive responses to push you further down the rabbit hole, maybe you should tell them all that it is not a joke, and it was not down just for Halloween. And then judge the response you get. Maybe it will be just as positive!

Just a thought.......
    I understand. The way I see it is that by presenting it as a joke I also kind of gave them some room to be objective on my appearance. The very few people that know my secret, have accepted me and react almost just as positive. I know the time will come that it will be more than just a cute joke for them and I'm preparing for it. Thanks for bringing me down to earth again I needed this reminder!
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

18 and no more sexual thrill? I've never dressed en femme for a costume party - it must have been a blast. I think my mom knew I was a CD before I did. She had me trick or treating in my sister's coat when I was 5 for starters!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Be yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    18 and no more sexual thrill? I've never dressed en femme for a costume party - it must have been a blast. I think my mom knew I was a CD before I did. She had me trick or treating in my sister's coat when I was 5 for starters!
    I wish my mom did that too! Yes the costume party was a blast! The sexual thrill is less intense not entirely gone.

Hi Ilianar, My first time to dress as a woman from the inside out was for a halloween party. I was a lot older than you are, and for me it was some what a turning point in my dressing and I will never forget the feeling of that dress.
    Thank you for your sharing your experience it brings back plecents memories.

Happy for you, but a word of caution. In the big cities there may be more of a tolerance but out in the country it is a little different. Also they may be more accepting of it as a joke but otherwise especially with the economic turmoil if it is seen as more of a gender issue tolerance may be an issue especially in the workplace and keeping a job. I do have family there and was recently there. It is a beautiful country and wonderful people but be careful.

Banned Read only
    Since you passed so well and your GF helped, how do you and she feel about the two of you going out as two girls?

I don't think it is weird at all.

Because I had success similar to you I was able to capitalise on the situation and went out dressed as a girl often.

My girlfriends always gave me the encouragement.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm a firm believer in the motto, "If you've got it? Flaunt it!", Ilianar. I'm 70 and still turned on by that beauty in my mirror!

What I DO think is odd about yout post? It's about showing off how u good u look, but, u didn't even include ONE PHOTO so we mite see for ourselves-----
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yes I agree with Sherry post a pic so we all can see.

Be yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Yes I agree with Sherry post a pic so we all can see.
    I have a thread with a couple of very recent pictures on the forum! Link to that thread right below

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...rom-last-night