Thread: Has this ever happened to you teaching a GG to walk in heels?

Has this ever happened to you teaching a GG to walk in heels?

So my best female friends is getting married and im being the best man in it.I got a call a few hours ago they was needing me to teach the bride how to walk in heels according to them i can walk better in heels than them.
    Have any of you had to teach some GG how to walk in high heels??
    Flickr- https://www.flickr.com/photos/brandiedaniels/

Aspiring Member
    Yes, years ago my wife admired how I could walk in my 4 and 5 inch heels. She never wore anything over 2 and a half inches so I taught her on a pair of 3" heels. She did great after awhile and now loves them. I thought it was funny me teaching her.

Banned Read only
    This isn't exactly an answer to your question but it has to do with walking in heels. Yesterday I went shopping in a department store and wore my three inch spiked heel shooties that I hadn't worn in a while. Last time out I did great in them. It's been four weeks since I had worn them, my calves were killing me and had to cut the trip short, couldn't wait to get back to the car and take them off. I had brought some boots with a much larger three inch heel, put them on and walked very comfortably for the rest of the day. Lesson Learned. If you don't keep walking in them to keep the muscles in shape they will definitely let you know it!

agreed i told the bride to be to pratice walking in them and show her some calf exercise

Platinum Member
    Hi Brandie, Ihat is wonderful that you were asked to teach a GG how to walk in Heels. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I've never taught anyone else to walk in heels, but I find I walk in them better than most women I know. Weird thing is I do better in 5 and 6 inch heels than I do in 3 or 4 inch. go figure, not that I'm complaining

I can't even remember how many women I've taught to walk in heels. Dozens, usually the day before their wedding, or prom.

I have never been asked to teach some one , I do walk better in heels than most woman I know as well. Maybe it's all the videos , articles and time I spent on practicing on the treadmill when I learning.
    Actually a lot of woman I see out in the world don't walk well in heels , it drives me crazy lol

Some women don't like heels and never wear them. That's OK, their choice. Why such a woman would want to wear heels for the first time on her wedding day seems strange to me. Especially if she will be wearing a long bridal gown. Weddings always have unknown variables. Why introduce another one?

I used to hold classes in poise and deportment when I was younger, it came about as I could look elegant as a woman dressed for a race carnival etc.

In fact it was started for a spring racing carnival as a joke.

A guy in a dress showing chicks how to attract a guy. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

were you in drab or en femme? I've worn my 3" inch shooties in women's jeans and everything else in guy mode...no one seemed to notice or care.
    Tina

What a the calf exercises?

Randi Sue

I love this thread - it curls me up! I've never been asked, but if I was, the poor ladies would end up falling down the bar steps......just like me! Well done.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

I taught my teenage daughters to walk in heels and I still walk better in 4 or 5 inch heels than they do.

no, i have taken to heels naturally, but stairs, heels and long dresses are an interesting combination ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

I love this "attitude" on here that many have--"I walk better in heels than most women". Unless you have viewed yourself on video over a period of time, you may not be quite as good as what you think.

jodi

seems we have two discussions here. Reminder: The OP asked if YOU taught a GG...we really don't care if you can walk in them
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Not me. I walk in heels better than most if not all of my female friends. Most of them are like a baby deer trying to walk in them haha. That is their exact description not mine!
    You're a Daisy if you do! -Doc Holliday

Geniegirl, unrelated comment- your pic could pass for my daughter!!! No joke! crazy.

No I have never been asked for lessons from a GG on how to walk in heels but have amased a few how much better i am than them at this!!! They will prolly be back for advice one day! LOL!!!
    Tonya Rose This is me! (song by camp rock)

Silver Member
    I'm not making any claim that I walk better in heels than anyone else. BUT I do get "How do you manage to walk in those shoes? I sure can't" from some women.

Banned Read only

transgenders advise GG's all the time.

I never had to but in the top modeling industry mostly transgenders teach GG's how to walk in high heels.
    There is a boutique near melrose ave,near beverly hills calf. That is famous for that.

Tracey teaches that runway walking,
    ,makeup skin care and more.
    http://nymag.com/thecut/2015/12/trac...m_content=link
    Last edited by summerbunny; 02-25-2016 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi_Sue View Post
    What a the calf exercises?

Randi Sue
    Put the feet together grab the back of a chair slowly rise up to thee tips of the toes then slowly go back down.
    doing that 5x then 10x a day it will build up the calves to handle heels

Reality Check
    I have never been asked to teach a woman how to walk in heels. That is something I would expect them to learn from their mothers or friends.