Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you are not TG why do you cross dress?

If you are not TG why do you cross dress?

I like to read threads on this forum, that ask questions, that open up some discussion. This happened to me yesterday, and I wondered if it would make a decent post? Please let me know what you think.
    The first time I ever totally dressed as a woman from the inside out was for a Halloween party. I had insisted that if my friend was going to dress me dress me as a woman that I would not go out unless she made me passable and that I did not look foolish. That experience was a turning point in my love of woman’s cloths and my future cross dressing. I am now 64 years young and have experienced most of the ups and downs that most everyone talks about. I know from experience that I, 100% identify as male even when dressed as a woman, and have no interest in dressing as a woman very often. Today I had the opportunity to dress as a woman, and I just wanted to do it. I would leave the shop and go home for lunch, and then return to the shop. It would only last for 2 hours, I could only pass as a woman, from a distance, and even than I had to wear a female face mask to hide my beard. The rush I get from the risk associated with being out, along with feeling of the breeze under the dress and all that on my stocking covered legs, is what I think drives me to want to cross dress. I don"t know what the feeling really is but it just feels so good! Does anyone else get that feeling?

There are so many varied reasons, and sometimes hard to put a finger on it. Rejection and lonliness as a single man is one reason i do it. But, it is certain dresses, a bra, hose, heels, panties, girdles, wig, the feel of them, and how i look in the mirror. Wishing i could be a lady for a time, and come back to being male later.

Shave off the beard and go for it. Makeup is so cool!
    I would love to wear a light foundation in male mode.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Does anyone else get that feeling?

Absolutely. As I do not try do disguise as a woman, it's the pleasure of the clothes, and the comfort they provide compels me to do it.

have no interest in dressing as a woman very often.

I do it all the time, except I do not dress as a woman, I use the clothes which I no longer consider "women's clothes". I am a man and therefore they are "men's clothes". As I do not go out, except my balcony & porch, It's irrelevant whether they are "women's" or "men's" clothes. They're mine. And I do not have to cover my facial hair, as you do.
    I know I'm considered a pariah here, but it's OK with me, and I love you all nevertheless.

I love a good discussion. We can limit this to mainly MtF unless any may want to open it up, but of the FtM that I have met and talked with it is similar but in reverse.

TG can refer to many or few depending on ones interpretation. TG has replaced for many the older term TS, and I know many do not want them to be referred as TS. They don't like the Internet TS or CD as mainly ones in sex work. Some prefer to use the term Trans*Woman or Trans*Man. But it can also include others.
    It is also a more general and inclusive term: a transgender person may be gay, transsexual, transvestite or CD, genderqueer, genderfluid, or Non-Binary. Noting or relating to a person who does not conform to societal gender norms or roles.

When I was young I thought of myself as CD/TV, because that was the only thing I knew of. As I got older and met many others, realized I wasn't really a CD as such. I never really identified as a male. The DSM has changed what they call this, Gender Dysphoria or Gender Identity Disorder. To many of the TG/TS they cross dressed as a male for most of their early life, mine was for 25 years.

The hard part of all this is the general term of CD/TV, as most do not have GD, and mainly identify as male, and have NO intention to transition to physical female. From most I have read or met there are as many reasons to Cross Dress for them as there are of them. I have seen many talks/discussion on here.

The problem with Terms/Labels is there is not a universal description/interpretation for this. I chat with many in the UK, and their interpretations vary from the US.

I love to dress it makes me just feel better...but when I am stressed it is almost like a drink to most people ...it makes me feel better , sexy and comfortable. Always has...and I suspect always will. Now when I go out to ladies parties etc....I am starting to feel even more comfortable...and more in tuen with me. As a married CD who's wife knows...I think she gets the best that both sides could bring.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

As was in another thread, it seems the general public must have a "label" , whether accurate or not, to categorize everyone. I suppose it makes humans feel superior if another can easily be identified and categorized. With the common usage in todays world the "urban" dictionary is the status quo and sets the benchmark for labels ( there's that word again). So from reasearch I may not be a CD but instead I'm gender fluid since i have not comitted to appearing full time as an adult woman. I prefer to "underdress" nearly everyday, love my toenails red, and really like this "androgynous" clothing thing as the feel and fit of womans jeans is perfect on me (as I have a natural bubble butt) and they stretch in the right places. I have always worn athletic cut or tailored long sleeve dress shirts untucked like alot of women wear, all of this making it easier for me to be myself. I could never pass as a woman facially so I am content to enjoy what I can. CD or gender fluid...whatever I'm called-I'll keep on as I am!

Judy, there have been times that I have wondered about that, but my wife really likes the beard, OH for love!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Trish, you are so lucky. Are you able to go out with your wife as girl friends?

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Karen, I so understand. I under-dress almost every day, as most days that is all I can do. It feels good and only I know so I do it.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    While I wear a mask, it's not to hide my beard/stache or identity. It's the only way I mite appear to be a young female, Rachel.

However, it effectively does those other 2 things rather well also!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I do it because I enjoy it, when I no longer find it fun or satisfying I will stop. Till then I will continue to indulge when ever I feel like it. I am simply a CD with a fetish orientation and have always been. I just learned to make the most of dressing and use it to my advantage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

I have liked crossdressing since I was about 6 years old, spent multiple decades trying to understand it, gave up and finally accepted it as who I am and what I like to do, for whatever reason.
    Trish

I do it because I love the clothes and also enjoy the feeling I get when dressed.

Like many others, it just feels right to me.

I dress cuase it just feels good and I like the way I look when I look in the mirror.

Hi Rach,
    My wife loves my beard too, so it stays. Dressing anyway? It's just very comforting.

I dress because I love the clothes and makeup and impersonating a woman. I try to be as presentable as possible. Lucky for me that was also a request by my wife!

Yes, I'm envious of a beautiful women fashionably dressed.

At the same time I "know" I am a man and have no desire to transition.

Yes, I do consider myself a Transvestite.

Quote Originally Posted by georgette
    TG can refer to many or few depending on ones interpretation. TG has replaced for many the older term TS, and I know many do not want them to be referred as TS. They don't like the Internet TS or CD as mainly ones in sex work. Some prefer to use the term Trans*Woman or Trans*Man. But it can also include others.
    It is also a more general and inclusive term: a transgender person may be gay, transsexual, transvestite or CD, genderqueer, genderfluid, or Non-Binary. Noting or relating to a person who does not conform to societal gender norms or roles.
    This^^^.... Technically, transgender is still an umbrella term in which CDers are a part of. Very recently, the term "transgender" is shifting at least in the media and for those who are on the outside to be those who identify completely opposite their birth gender. What we know as TS.

There are some here who feel they are not TG because in no way do they ever identify as women, including the times in which they are presenting as one. CDers now seem to be a separate term from TG for those who do not identify as women, just dress on occasion, usually rare.

I wouldn't say there is anything really wrong with this. our language is always in a state of flux. terms and words take on different meanings over time. I personally consider myself to be transgender. It is my internal feelings which associate me to women even though I do not truly identify as one which makes me desire to dress. It is the comfort I get from it, as it aligns me if not truly a woman, but closer, parallel perhaps. Whatever it is, there is something deep enough within me to make me wish to, and dress in female clothing and it brings me a feeling of comfort when I do.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I agree with Linda. I, to some extent, envy the variety that women have and the way they can change their look as often or as little as they like. Other times I don't envy the vast amount of choice they have, there's to much to think about!
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    Rachelatshop,
    Your OP states that you like being out as in outside.

I only know crossdressing as being OUT enfemme as I have always done so each time from my very first time. And I can say that there is nothing like the sensations of it. From how the heels make me walk to the wig hair rubbing on my neck which has no man type collar. The temperature differences from a well insulated head to the exposed legs. Being fully dressed yet exposed. Breezes where I otherwise am isolated as a man. And the colors, fabrics, tailoring. The selection and assembling of my outfits. The way the forms with their sticky backs add weight and I can feet their mass any time I twist or walk. The handicap of long finger nails. The way the false lashes weigh my eyelids down, they might be tiny and light but I can definately feel them. And the best part is how much different I look.

And then at the end of the day, I return to me. Happy that I am the every day me. Knowing that I can escape if I choose. Not a guy by default but by choice.

I first 'crossdressed' when I was 5 years old. I have gone through practically every stage from questioning whether or not I truly wanted to completely transition to purging and vowing never to do 'it' again. Now at age 63, I'm still trying to figure out who Debbie is and where she is going. In younger years my crossdressing was mostly about sexual gratification and the sensuality behind the feel of the fabric, the element of doing something that was taboo, and the mental fantasies of being female. Now in my later years, my desire to crossdress seems to be more about expressing who I am as a person. I still have masculine features that are too predominant for me to ever be able to pass, not that passing is a high priority for me. I like to think of myself as more of a femulator than a ccrossdresser, even though femulating necessarily requires crossdressing. In my journey to figure out why I crossdress, I always come back to the truth that I love the female body so much and everything that is feminine I want so much to feel it, identify with it, and experience it.

It is much a fetish for me. When I am done, I am fine with being my male self, but always look forward to the private moments when I can re-visit with Ashley again.

I have Gender Dysphoria but am afraid of the hormonal changes. I only look right to myself when crossdressed and so I crossdress 24/7. Eventually I'll get over my fears.

Because I like being able to dress up and all the male outfits just seem boring to me. I'd rather wear a nice poofy skirt and feel like a true southern belle when I do dress up.

A TG and a CD seem to fit into 2 very different categories. I am quite happy to be a male but need to express that feminine aspect in my by CDing. A major element is that I have always hated boys' clothing ehich I find ugly and very uncomfortable. I have always loved girls' clothing. Girls's clothing looks nice and comfortable. I cannot help but feel I am in the wrong clothes when I am in drab. They just do not suit my personality. I feel I am in the right clothes when en femme. This is me.

Trish, you are so lucky. Are you able to go out with your wife as girl friends?

She does not go to parties with me but does allow me to dress in the bedroom sans the wig...all in all I have it better than most
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.