Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favourite theory on why you crossdress?

What's your favourite theory on why you crossdress?

None of us really know why some males become crossdressers. Yet there are many theories as to why this happens.

What's your one favourite theory as to why you are a crossdresser? I appreciate this may be pure speculation.

(One answer per post, please!)

Global warming.

The only one I ever was able to come up with is I am what I am, I guess it part of my DNA.

Hugs
    Val

Strong desire to femulate.

Another reason for me, is it helps to keep my aggression levels in check. In male mode, I tend to have a bad temper. As Crissy, I notice that I am more laid back, and generally feel good.

I was dropped on my head as a small child. Hugs, Michelle

Didn't want to be a rebel without a cause. I do it 'cause I can.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Anima theory

Banned Read only
    genetics. Nothing can explain it better

Full time NY state girl MarciManseau's Avatar
    Too many years of wearing very tight panties
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My GG GF Julie and I send you all hugs I'm on the right in my avatar, Julie is on the left.

One of my ex-girlfriends threw away all my trousers and shirts.

She moved out quickly and left her clothes in the wardrobe.

What was I to do?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    I was an only child and my mother's little girl. And she made that plain to me.

Banned Read only
    Mother ate JalapeƱo peppers during pregnancy?

DeeAnn

Quote Originally Posted by debbienraleigh View Post
    Strong desire to femulate.
    Okay....that's my new favorite word!
    Not a woman, I just enjoy looking and feeling like one now and then!

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Basically, I'm much more comfortable in a female roll / dress and enjoy feeling feminine.

Mom really wished I'd have been a girl.

Have they found that crossdressing gene yet? Until then, no.
    My theory, an event in early childhood from which I experienced pleasure. The event could have been something I saw, touched, heard, etc., such as seeing and hearing high heels, touching a fabric, or watching a lipstick application.

Maybe a grade school teacher or several, in nice dresses, hose and high heels! Maybe that smokin corn silk, and catnip? Maybe born this way, genetic brain oddity? Not sure why. I know i had a wow feeling very young, about girls with long shapely hosed legs!. I had no confidence around those girls, but only with ones i was not attracted to. My first sneak and dress was with hose. So i had a fetish for hose, and long shapely legs, as my mom had. I could have hose on my long shapely legs, so legs are always what i highlite, at age 61. I do agree there is some brain factor.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 03-02-2016 at 03:00 PM.

I believe I was born this way. I say this because I started CD'ing when I was around 4 or 5. Why would I, at that age, all of a sudden decide to put a pair of my sisters leotards (tights) on and enjoy it?

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NikiMichelle View Post
    Why would I, at that age, all of a sudden decide to put a pair of my sisters leotards (tights) on and enjoy it?
    I also wore tights at that age. They were my own, and my mother made me wear them. She also wished I'd been born a girl.

I'm pretty clear myself. I'm transgender, and pretty much a 6 on the Benjamin scale. I tried to play with boys, because I was expected to do so, but it was almost always dangerous. I often ended up bloody. One time I was pushed into oncoming traffic. I was 2 years old. At home, I'd make dresses and skirts out of almost anything. When I made a dress out of a dry cleaning bag, my dad freaked and scolded my mom, not for letting me wear a dress, but for letting me play with the plastic bag. I wanted to be a girl almost before I could talk. When a girl my age moved in next door, we became good friends and made friends with other girls in the neighborhood. When I moved at age 3, I quickly started making friends with other girls my age on the block. Hanging out with the girls included putting on costumes and dresses. It was just what we did.

When one girl's mother saw me in a dress, she freaked, called me an "abomination", called members of the PTA who called other PTA members, who called school board members, the school principal, who told the teacher that if she let me play anywhere near the girls, she would be fired for insubordination. By the time I went to school on Monday, I was forced to play with the boys, who tried to stone me, almost taking out one of my eyes.

A week or so later, I was having trouble sleeping and saw what I thought was a monster. I got up to take a closer look, and realized that it was just my mother's church cloths on top of the hamper. I dressed up in her slip, girdle, stockings, and dress. It felt so right. I started to relax. After about 30 minutes, I was calm and ready to go back to bed. For most of the next 8 years, dressing was one of my few outlets to be a girl. My parents caught me a few times. The first time I begged mom to let me be a girl. She offered to get me some girl clothes that I could wear at home. Unfortunately, her therapist told her that was a terrible idea and that if I didn't "outgrow" this, I would end up in a psychiatric ward where I would be shocked, tortured, and probably lobotomized, to keep me from committing suicide. Even back then, the astronomically high suicide rates were well understood for those who were desperate enough to ask a parent or doctor for a sex change.

Mom discouraged my dressing, but encouraged my more feminine interests. She loved that I liked to cook, sew, do needlepoint and crafts. She taught me how to do laundry, including ironing, to clean bathrooms, and do the other housework. As a result of my doing the housework, which I loved, she was able to get a full-time job and go to work. One day she came home early and saw me vacuuming the floor while wearing pantyhose, heels, a skirt, and a blouse. I was also wearing one of her wigs. She just stood there and watched as I finished the vacuuming. When I turned the vacuum off, I turned and she saw my face, with make-up. She said, "Oh my God, you are beautiful". I was so embarrassed, I ran into my room, locked the doors, and changed out of the clothes, and refused to unlock the doors. Mom had heard me put the clothes in my closet.

A day or two later, she found my stash in the back of the closet. She scolded me for stealing. I responded with "What do you expect me to do, Dad won't buy anything for me, and I don't have my own money". I was 12 years old. Too young to work. Next time my mom went shopping, she invited me to come with her and my sister. She asked me what I liked, and would try things on and show them to me. She bought a few of the outfits I liked. When she wore them to work and to church, she got so many compliments that she continued to take me shopping with her. She had so many cute clothes, that she was giving some to goodwill. She told me I could have anything in the goodwill bag. She also told me I could have any pantyhose or stockings that were knotted. At first the knotted pairs always had runs in them, but soon she used looser knots and the hosiery was still flawless, just worn once.

In high school and college, my parents pretty regularly took me to unisex shops. I would regularly go to the more feminine styles with hip-hugger jeans that had a bigger butt, because I needed the longer inseam (34 inch) that were normally worn with heels by women. I knew how to sew on a machine, and regularly tailored shirts that fit like tents off the rack. I'd taper them to show off my 38, 28, 38 figure. I also made my own clothes, including polyester jump suits, shirts with balloon sleeves, and vests that acted much like corsets made out of upholstery materials. I also grew out my hair. From the back, many people thought I was a girl.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Since coming out to myself a little over two years ago that I am a crossdresser, this is a question that I have asked myself a million times. I honestly don't have a clue as to why I am the way that I am.

I've analyzed my childhood and other events from my life looking for one thing that steer d me in this direction. No answers.

I know that I was attract d to feminine things from a very early age tHiugh.

For the past two years, I have fully embrac d that this is who I am. I've accepted it and have never been happier.

I do feel that I am more than just a crossdresser. I've learned that there is a very feminine part of me that I never knew that existed and have allowed this to grow and thrive.

Does that answer your question?

Kidnapped by aliens at a young age??

I attract men.

My bedroom was my mom's old bedroom and all her girly toys were still out.