Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What's your favourite theory on why you crossdress?

I gave up and admitted it was fetish.
    Just Roll With It

STOP APOLOGIZING.

(please)

You are who you are, regardless of your expected role. You are still a good person, yes? Isn't that what really matters?
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I do it because I find it FUN. I am what I yam
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by mechamoose View Post
    STOP APOLOGIZING.

(please)
    I'm sooo sorry 😢

Hah, just poked MM, let's see where that gets me 😂

Quote Originally Posted by mechamoose View Post
    STOP APOLOGIZING.

(please)

You are who you are, regardless of your expected role. You are still a good person, yes? Isn't that what really matters?
    Why would I ever apologize for being cute? :3
    Just Roll With It

I feel it maybe a fetish for me too......either way i find it fun

Quote Originally Posted by Robin414 View Post
    Hah, just poked MM, let's see where that gets me ��
    Nothing that can be shared in the public forum }:>

I may be cheap, but I'm not easy.
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

One word......

Freedom

In every way, shape, form, and context.

Freedom

It's who I am and just plain fun

Well said carhill2mn that is so true

My older sister wanted a baby sister when I was born. She was 9 years older than me and took care of me like a mother. I would hang out with her & her girlfriends frequently. In many ways she was much more loving & nurturing than my real mother. When she left home to get married I really missed her and began wearing her one-piece navy & white bathing suit that she left behind. I was 11 and started dressing up secretly pretty regularly until I was 15.

my sister made me do it as a child

Banned Read only
    I don't have a theory. I gave up trying to figure it out a long time ago. The "Why" is totally different than "What cross dressing does for me" as in stress relief. Stress relief? Why not illegal drugs?

However, my wife has a theory concerning transgender behavior. She speculates there is something called "past life regression." She is not speculating on situations where it may be totally fantasy. She is talking about incidents where people can name dates, time, people and events that are verifiable. She feels it is possible those past events that someone has already lived may influence his or her behavior.

Since this thread is pure speculation there it is.

And, if my wife believes my desire to wear women's clothing is rooted in some past life as a woman.....well, who am I to disagree with her!

My wife and I have had long discussions about this very topic. She thinks it's a combination of genetics and the environment. Regarding environmental influences, she thinks it may be related to the very strict upbringing I had from a mother who was very loving but also certainly a disciplinarian. And yet, I was expressing feminine mannerisms very early in life and began having crossdressing thoughts as early as 10-11 years old.
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Banned Read only
    Crossdressing for me started when I was around 15 yrs old. When I changed schools, earlier I used to come home from school at 5:00 pm however when I changed school I was home at 2pm and i had nothing to do my sister was working and everybody used to come home after 5pm. Being shy and lonely kid I just feel in love with it. It became a time pass for me and then an obsession although when I started going collage in later years I stopped crossdressing. Now when I'm bored and got nothing to I'll think about it but I don't do it I've also grown beard now. So the theory of why I do it is when I'm bored as hell and got nothing to do my mind will just think about it

In my case, I feel I was born this way. How else can you explain.My earliest memories are of me wanting to wear what the girls were wearing

Quote Originally Posted by sarah7391 View Post
    What's your favourite theory on why you crossdress?
    I'll answer with another question. Why does anyone develop preferences/aptitudes for anything, whether favorite food, colors, pastimes, sports, etc? Neuroplasticity. It's how we learn, by forming neural connections in response to associations made in our every day lives (for example, wearing pantyhose = pleasure). Each time we engage, we strengthen the neural pathway.
    Reine

Just because 😜

Another reason is petticoats!!!

Because it was and for all intent and purposes, still is taboo. And the clothes just feeling good on your skin compared to guys clothes.
    I never new how masculine I was until I tried to be a woman

Silver Member
    There probably is no one reason people crossdress.

Some claim fetish, some for fashion, some feel they are part female, some know they are female in a male body, some for comfort, some to escape, some for role playing, some for sexual reasons, some because it brings them pleasure, some to counter social norms, some because it is kinky, some because there is a link to a childhood event or childhood behavior, some only underdress because it feels good - but most really don't know.

Lots of theories. Probably lots of reasons.

It's not a choice. I was born this way.
    Tina

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    I believe it is mostly biological and a bit of psychological thrown in.

My theory is that our brains are hardwired to interpret crossdressing as actual contact with a woman. When we crossdress our brain releasing a host of feel-good neurotransmitters (dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin, etc.) which produce the sensations of well-being, comfort, pleasure, sexual gratification, bonding, and self-identity. You can't stop your brain from releasing neurotransmitters, and if you do the same thing over and over, it eventually causes your brain to fatigue and release less dopamine, leading us to escalate our crossdressing, and take greater risks.

How does our brains get hardwired this way. Through a process called synaptogenesis. During the first three years of our lives our brains are producing neural connections at a rate of thousands per second. By the time we are three years old, we have about 5X the amount of neural connections... Then we undergo neural pruning. Through the learning process some neural connections are reinforced while others are lost. This process of synaptogenesis reoccurs again in puberty.

If we make the right connections, and reinforce them, then our brains are hardwired for crossdressing. When we crossdress we receive a rush of feel-good sensations, while the rest of the world feels nothing.
    well said. fits pretty well my memories
    It did not help that there were no girls or even youngish women around me while i was growing up in the boonies, not well socialize, older parentsbusy dealing with there old parrents that I had no idea that there habits, others would call "drinkers" I think of my self as spoiled rotten in some ways ,crippled in others. ohh well.

Nobody's taken radioactive insect bite yet? OK, I'll back that one. Think about it... Peter Parker gets bitten by a radioactive spider and he starts sneaking around at night dressed head-to-toe in spandex and getting all cagey about his real identity; constantly photographing himself with his camera on self-timer... I think it's a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Christie ann View Post
    Kidnapped by aliens at a young age??
    OR... abandoned by aliens at a young age.

Aspiring Member
    ooh there is the" it's a CIA Steven King MK Ulta experiment" with" a side" of " helping the women's-wear economy" mixed in with helping population control and male de masculiazation not to mention men in heals can't run as fast ,so there's a way to slow the economy, if all the men wore hi heels, production in the private sector would certinaly take a hit. that might make it a china based conspiracy......but who would pay off the debt ?