Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Childhood Crossdressing memories??

Silver Member

Childhood Crossdressing memories??

My earliest childhood memories go back to about age 5, and they are very, very vague. So, I can't help but wonder how is it possible for some to say they started dressing at an even earlier age and how their recollections can be so detailed at times. Could it be simply wishful thinking? Hmmmmm.
    Your thoughts??

I really don't remember what age was when I began to crossdress. I dunno I was young Preteens and I love to wear my mom's panties and bras. Actually crossdressing brought me to my first successful arousal. I remember thinking at the time what a wonderful feeling . So in my early youth Crossdressing and masturbation were one in the same, it was later in my teens when I found that crossdressing fulfilled a different need. Now I seldom become aroused with my cross dressing .

Very young. First grade, getting up in the middle of the night to put moms lipstick on. Woke up with bright red scrawl all around my mouth. I am sure I did a very credible 6 year old explanation. Things were better in later years when I was alone at home for a little bit before the parents came home from work.

Your logic is flawed. Many many people remember things from a young age. My first NON-crossdressing memory was when I was 3. My first transgender feeling I remember was when I was 5. I think most people here may not remember the first because after all, we don't tend to remember daily thoughts, but I will say many here have the first epiphany somewhere in the memory banks. I think it is rather rude to insinuate that members here are "wishing"
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    Jenny,
    Early recollections aren't wishful thinking I can remember clearly my early childhood when we lived in Malta .
    As for Cding memories they are clearly imprinted but then they didn't start until I was 8-9 years old but then it all happened at once, girls, clothes and sex all became entwined leaving me with something that has me affected till this day.
    Last edited by Teresa; 02-27-2016 at 03:36 PM.

I remember wearing my mothers merry widow which she kept on the stairs going up to the attic, the entrance to which was in my room. That is no older than 4 or 5. I have been hooked since.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I was four and I remember it well. My older brother suggested we try on my mother's tights and show our parents. They found it funny.

The next day, I decided to do the same, but this time my dad shouted "get 'em off" and I scuttled back to my bedroom.

It's still very vivid, even now.

About 5 or 6, for fun tried to put on my mother's bra and panties. It went on for a coupe of weeks, until she found me out, and was mad at me.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jenny, I don't even remember what I had for Breakfast this Morning. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I didn't put on an article of female clothing until I was perhaps 14 years old. From there, it picked up momentum pretty quickly and escalated to full dressing within a year or so.

However, I have very early memories, from age 4 (my earliest conscious memories) of utter fascination with girls and women, and the differences between us. Since the body differences were not under my control then, my fascination focused on clothing. It took quite a few years before I couldn't help but try them for myself.

Since then, I developed a very strong love of and respect for women. That has to have contributed to my love for dressing.

Update:

Whoops, I almost forgot. I was probably about 5 years old when my sister dressed me as Cinderella for Halloween. I protested vigorously, but thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Last edited by Chelsea B; 02-27-2016 at 06:45 PM.
    Not a woman, I just enjoy looking and feeling like one now and then!

I can remember when I was around 4-5 years old to around 8, I had 2 female cousins who lived a town over who were around the same age as me. In fact our birthdays were so close that we shared birthday parties for a few years, lol. My folks quite often would drop me at my aunt's for the weekend, and the girls and I were very close at the time. I remember how I used to love getting dressed up in their pretty clothes and playing their girl games all weekend. My aunt never said anything, but would make me change if there was going to be anyone else around, or if we went anywhere. I also remember how much I admired how these girls could be so pretty and dainty one minute, then get invited to play some ball or go fishing, and simply transform on a whim. Just throw on a ball cap, jeans and sneakers, and go, and be every bit as "boyish" as the rest of us boys.

My uncle was rarely home, but he did catch me once and made a huge deal about it. He told my folks, and my dad absolutely flipped! Sadly, after that I wasn't allowed to hang with my cousins as much, and they eventually moved away and we lost touch over the years

When I was very young I can remember wearing my sisters panties to bed with a shirt on over it. I remember my mom asking me why I had her panties on and I remember telling her I feel pretty in them. I was about 5 to 6 years old at that point remember the house the bedroom I was in. The brain works in ways and memory works in mysterious ways as well.

Five dose seem a little to young to remember, I was eight in third grade and would under dress with the tights and Satin ballerina briefs to school.
    If any of you older guys remember the clothes of the 60's had no stretch and the ballerina briefs were tight and had no elasticity like todays lycra.
    How come girls always had tight fitting clothes and guys had loose? Even now a days.
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 02-28-2016 at 01:08 AM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I have clear memories of my mom putting lipstick and nail polish on me when I was very small, after I expressed my curiosity about them while watching her do her makeup. Later, she told me that this was at about age 2-1/2. My first recollection of actually trying on something without adult help was when I was 5, but I was already quite the student of women's clothes, shoes and makeup by that time, and the switch had been thrown, so to speak, long before then.

- Diane

The earliest memories I have were at age four, though I didn't start cross dressing until I was ten. Looking back, I do recall moments in between that were a sign of things to come, as I had an interest in feminine things.

My earliest memory is that of a conversation with my older sister about what to get my mother for her birthday. I suggested a bra--showing an interest in feminine clothes. I'm pretty sure my actual dressing began between seven or eight.

My earliest memory, which is very vivid was first cross dressing in my mum's clothes when I was about 10. I had for many years been fascinated/attracted by what women wore and what it felt like to wear. One day, whilst mum and dad were at work, I realised I could find out and went on tried on mums. The rest as they say is history...

Yup, mom dressed me in my sisters clothes when I was a toddler, supposedly to save money so I wouldn't ruin my 'good boy clothes'. It lasted a few years until my dad came home early for lunch and saw me still in a dress (mom would usually change me back to my nice boy clothes for lunch, 'dressing up for dinner' as she put it. Mom also would avoid getting my hair cut, using excuses like the bus came, or the barber was too busy, most likely to keep my hair long. Even with all that, I didn't get what she was doing; I never thought I was a girl at that point. That would all change; a couple years later, someone started dressing me up in his sister's clothing and molesting me, planting the idea in my head that I was really supposed to be a girl. That would go on sometimes every day for weeks at a time. Lasted until I was almost 14. So yeah, I was crossdressing a lot as a kid. By the time I hit high school, I thought I was gay, transsexual, I was really confused. I had attached dressing and behaving as a girl with the only source of affection I had. Sort of like Pavlov's dogs, I think the urge to dress up is simply connected to expecting affection; but now I do it whether the reward comes, or not. Apparently when something is drilled into you during certain periods of development, maybe you can't change it. That would explain a lot of things.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Looking back, there's lots about my early childhood I don't recall clearly. I've often been told that I was very curious and adventurous as a child, but I only recall the details of a handful of those adventures. Mostly I recall fragments or generalities such as always having an interest in watching my mother, aunt, and other women apply makeup, fix their stockings, hitch up their half slips, etc.

My first time crossdressing was one of those adventures I do recall clearly but that's because it was Halloween and I spent a lot of time and energy assembling my costume. I was 11 by that time, and my mom and aunt provided everything I needed to dress completely as a young woman.

Karen

I would agree that early memories of childhood can be vague or even incorrect. However in my case I have a very clear memory of the event that set me on the path of cross dressing. I could well be wrong about my age at the time but I know it was early in my life. Perhaps this applies to many of us cross dressers.

However, I strongly believe that the first time one cross dresses is such a powerful emotional event that it registers very clearly in our memory even though we might be a bit off as to exactly when it happened. So reading peoples accounts of their first time alway seems very authentic to me. For many of us cross dressers this is one of the most powerful and defining events of our young lives.

I have recalled early memories of dressing here in many different threads.

When I first started here I felt that my activity was minimal.

Much of my experience came between the time of eighteen and about twenty five.

When reading others experiences I can recall things that happened to me.

My earliest experiences were from the age of four to five when my nearest neighbours were girls about the same age as me.

Mothers and fathers, and tea parties were a favourite with the girls dressing me up as a visiting aunt etc.

The father was usually played by someone in absentia.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    " I think it is rather rude to insinuate that members here are "wishing". I didn't mean to be rude, Lorileah. Please accept my apology. Ditto for others,if they thought the same.

Aspiring Member
    Childhood amnesia is supposed to take place when we are around seven year old, and as a result we lose almost all memory of our first 3-4 years. In my case, I have retained a number of vivid memories of my infancy, and these memories were somehow reinforced during my growth. I have memories of being in crib, using a bottle, certain infant clothing, and many incidents during my pre-school years. I recall making childish associations to make sense of my world.

In my case, my mother wanted a daughter when I was born. I mean she was bargaining with God to ensure I was a girl. When I was born, I was a disappointment. However my mother did not have to wait long. When I was five months old, my mother was pregnant again. This time her dreams came true and my sister was born. My sister was pampered as my mother's little princess. I grew up thinking that my mother would have loved me more if I was born a girl. I believed that all parents preferred girls, because boys were trouble while girls were sweet and obedient. By the time I was three years old I was raiding my mother's closet and trying on her clothes. (This did not amuse my mom, because I was ruining her good clothes.) I remember telling her that I was just playing "mommies". Somehow I was making my world right. When I was 4 or 5 years old my mother made me a dress for me to play in, but my father stopped that. My dress was given to a neighbor's girl, and I was forbidden from crossdressing..... Well, I never imagined that I was different. I believed that all boys secretly want to crossdress but we had to pretend that we didn't. The idea of male privilege was entirely absent in my childhood.

It seems that some memories, and for many here, crossdressing/gender expression ones, make especially deep impressions on us. I do seem to recall very early childhood crossdressing/experimenting experiences. Hard to say what age, but certainly single digits. Other memories are a bit less clear, but random "moments" still pop into my minds eye. I have a feeling that for many of us here, varying "milestones" of gender expression are quite clear in our minds. I recall many different crossdressing experiences like they occured yesterday that happened 30 years ago and more. I even seem to recall moments that I was strongly envious and frustrating moments... I take the good with the bad I suppose...

Platinum Member
    I have to agree with Lorileah on whether anyone may have memories of a really young age. When I was three years four months old our family moved from a grandmother house to an apartment. The house had just too many family members living in a post World War 2 environment. Anyway I can recollect several things I had done, such as riding a tricycle on sidewalks which were large slabs of slate. And, tearing wallpaper off the wall and putting it into a little dump truck. I don't think my grandmother was too happy with that. I also remember looking through a sliding door at a Christmas tree which would have been when I was two years four months old.

Now I'm going to throw a monkey wrench into the conversation/thread. As a very young child between three and four years old I had recollections of myself lying dead in a snowbank attired only in a full slip and panties. Don't ask how I could have had visions of such a thing. We did not have a television set yet. There was nothing at all which would have stimulated that idea, which still persists. I know once a person thinks about something it may persists forever. I've also thought with some degree of hindsight this was a reason for my love of pretty nylon slips. And, this memory totally predates any interest in women's clothing which did not kindle until puberty.

I know I mention awhile ago that living a past life may have a bearing on how a person develops in the current life. Someone on this site said it was a bunch of bunk. She may be right. My wife is in the past lives believer camp or at least does not discount it. Anyway, I just throw that out for consideration, because I cannot reconcile some horrific vision with a three or four year old boy of 1950-1951. And, back in New York City in that era there were maybe fifty murders a year and most were family related and not random.