Thread: Physical changes & dressing through ill health !!!

Question Physical changes & dressing through ill health !!!

IF through an accident or health issue you have permanent changes to your physical appearance, has it made/ or did it make any difference to your desire to crossdress ?

It could be something as simple as removal of teeth, or a major surgical alteration !!
    If so how did you cope with the changes in your physical appearance to enable you to continue dressing either physically, mentally or a combination of both ?
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

A few years ago, I had multiple ear/brain surgeries. Now have a hearing implant. Have long hair now to "hide the scars"

Currently, I'm waiting for knee surgery, so I'll probably wear more tights/slacks in the future. Haven't really thought about it,
    but I tend not to dress when I'm dealing with health issues, dealing with the VA keeps me busy enough

I'd have to learn to adapt and tailor my dressing to what ever the infirmity was.

In 2003 I had rotator cuff surgery that put the "kibosh" on my dressing while I was recovering. I do remember asking my wife to help me put on a pair of pantyhose. I couldn't do it with only one arm. As I got use of the arm back I started to dress more frequently.

Like Linda, although my rotator cuff surgeries (both sides, a few years apart) did not permanently alter my appearance (other than shoulder scars -- thank G_d for Dermablend), my desire to dress while incapacitated exceed my normal desire by a factor of 10. As soon as I could manade a bra, I had to have it and my forms on. Oops, too soon -- the pressure from the strap was too much. Wait a week, try again. Panties, jeans sandals were all standard recovery wear.

Having a bit of a theatre background, if I were disfigured, or seriously impaired, I like to think that I'd find a way using theatre magic (makeup, costume, shapewear -- oh, wait, I already use all that) and find a way to make myself presentable to me. I'm mostly interested in my own sense of well being and peace within when I dress, so I have a tolerant critic.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!