Thread: My wife told her best friend about me

My wife told her best friend about me

My SO and her best friend hang out 24 7 at one point she was staying over for days at a time. So I had a talk with her about how I can't be lacie because shes here all the time and its what I enjoy doing its who I am.

So we talked and decided that let's hint it out to her and see her reactions to it and so we would talk about random cd and she didn't flip about it and then I would get brave and start wearing more revealing clothes.

Then one day we just came out and said this is lacie and she was so supportive and happy that we trusted her enough to show her this part of my life.

It's a relief on my end because now I have 2 women who love lacie and I can finally be myself when she's over.

One night the other week we all got dolled up and took group photos of each other and had a lovely girls night. Probably the best night I had ever had
    Thanks for reading my story

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    As the old saying goes, "a problem shared, is a problem doubled" ...or something like that anyway.

I think such a situation is but a distant dream for many here. I'd be happy if my wife would go out with me when I'm dressed, but she has enough trouble doing that when I'm en boy .

OK, that's a lie but seriously, it's good that your wife's friend is accepting, but will she keep it to herself? If that's not a worry for you, forget I asked .

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Wow, sounds like a lot of fun. Congrats!

Thats great for you...congrats! and a great wife
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

A great arrangement for you, I suppose shopping is the next step.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Congrats and just hope she can keep your secret.

my wife told her best friend and she has no problem with it at all. It is so much easier to just stay dressed when I know she is coming over, and she told her husband I cd and he has seen me dressed with no problem either, I also told my cousin about Michelle and she is fine with it. So my life could be worse for sure. The neighbour lady has seen me dressed when I have been outside and she and I have talked about it and I dress in front of her now with no backlashs.

Michelle

That's awesome Michelle. I've been coming more and more comfortable with who I am that I don't really care who knows. It will eventually come out and when it does I have my SO and one other person who supports me and that's all I need. Well and this awesome forum of ladies here

Reality Check
    Just remember, it may not stop there. Each person who knows is a risk of telling others. If that's OK with you, fine. If you wanted to keep your hobby a secret, the cat is out of the bag now.

Well in this particular situation. It's about trust and knowing the person. She knows and understanding of the situation and I trust her if I didn't I would have never told her.

I am glad you found another ally

My wife needed someone to talk to after I came out to her a couple of years ago, so she confided in her best friend, I have no issues with it, her friend is very open minded and wouldn't tell anyone else, not sure she'll ever meet Leanne though, would be interesting lol

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    My wife was in the same boat as Leanne's, in that she needed someone to share the burden that I has saddled her with. John Wayne would have been proud on that analogy .

It's why I said earlier, a problem shared is a problem doubled. We drop a bomb shell on our SOs and they too can need an outlet. My wife told her sister, but I didn't care if she told the world. It did release the pressure for her and for me, that is of paramount importance. I love being me. so the less people I have to hide from, the better.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

On another note, I told my mother and even showed her pictures of Leanne, she was pleasantly surprised, talked with me for a while and has never mentioned it since, that was 8 or 9 months ago, strange how she just let it go.

Banned Read only
    Lacie,
    It's great that your Cding is being shared with trusted people , she may or may not tell others but does it really matter, whatever people think or say isn't going to take away your CDing feelings, the more people that know the more accepting and comfortable you will become with it, nothing is going to make you

Quote Originally Posted by leannejacobs View Post
    My wife needed someone to talk to after I came out to her a couple of years ago, so she confided in her best friend, I have no issues with it, her friend is very open minded and wouldn't tell anyone else, not sure she'll ever meet Leanne though, would be interesting lol
    This was the case for me as well. I suggested it to her, that I would be comfortable with her best friend, and only her best friend, knowing. It helped a lot, as her friend helped to put things in perspective for my wife.
    Only drawback, is because of where she was when she had the conversation, her friend told her husband, who I also know. I was a little shocked, but I know he will be cool with it.
    At this point in my life, I seem to care a lot less, and the experience was so liberating, it was worth it.
    Not a woman, I just enjoy looking and feeling like one now and then!

I agree that wives need some outlet to be able to talk about this burden they carry. We're asking a lot when we reveal our dressing to our partners, and expecting them to be able to shoulder this load when they can't talk to the person (us) they may normally count on for support (because it's about us!) seems unfair. I know my wife being able to talk about this with a couple of good friends has really helped us be able to communicate better because she doesn't feel the pressure of being the only person in the world to know and talk with me. That being said, it's also encouraged me to go out and find support around my dressing and make some new friends.

It's not for everyone, but if you're comfortable with it, I think it only benefits the relationship.

This is an issue everywhere. CD's and trans people have no where for the spouses, male or female, to get support. We are working on such a group here. Because we as trans women have found that there isn't a place for our spouses. Who need just as much support if not more than we do. Telling a friend to find support and talk isn't that big an issue in my opinion.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

Sounds as if you and your girl have got a good friend there. Happy for you
    It's complicated, then again it's simple ... where did I put that skirt?