Thread: anyone else get that not quite right feeling?

anyone else get that not quite right feeling?

So i had ordered some knee high socks, cause i find them really feminine. so i tried them on with my favorite dress, and i had this interesting feeling. This was the first time i've worn a dress without tights or leggings, and it left me feeling like i was just walking around in my underwear. Did this happen to anyone else wearing a dress without some other full leg covering their first time? I'm starting to get used to it, but boy am i glad i did this at home and not out on the street or i'd have felt really self conscious about it. Any thoughts on if this is something anyone else has felt and how long it took them to get over that feeling?
    "There's a she wolf in the closet, open up and set her free" - shakira

Hello Closeted Kat! I also love knee high or just above the knee socks! When it comes to wearing a skirt, I have always liked the free feeling of a skirt with no pantyhose on. I have always preferred stockings over full pantyhose. My absolute favorite feeling, and what makes me feel so feminine is a garter belt and stockings. I agree that being out on the street would make me feel weird as well, since I have never ventured out dressed.
    "Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you."
    "Things that Make You Go, Hmmm"- C&C Music Factory

I had the opposite experience. I started out by wearing socks or knee socks as they suited the skirts I was wearing. When I first when out with just nylons I felt I was just in my underwear and not wearing anything. It was indeed an odd feeling and didn't feel right. It passed pretty quickly however.

I often wear knee socks even now but also with nylons under them. I wear nylons to give a better, more even color to my legs, usually either a natural color or one that is slighly whittish. Nylons simply make the legs look better and if the color is right no one should recognize you are wearing nylons and socks. I would never go out just with socks but without nylons.

thanks for the responses, interesting to see how others have had similar feelings but from different firsts. I've actually started to go out more so I got socks so i have more styles of things to wear and make outfits with. I'm also glad to hear that this feeling does seem to dissipate pretty easily for most others. I guess i'll just have to power through till it because more normal feeling!

I didn't even know about over the knee socks, until I saw my therapist wearing them. Once I saw them, I just had to try them. But I did what she did, I wore them over tights.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I love thigh high stockings but, I love the look hip pads give me so I wear tights to blend in and hold the hip pads.
    I wear the thigh high or garter stockings over the tights.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Silver Member
    When I was young 50s girls didn't wear nylons except for special occasions. It was panties, slips and bobby socks. I liked the feel of panties sliding on your slips. Petticoats et all. In the 60s came pantie girdles and nylons.

Reality Check
    Wearing a dress or skirt without stockings, tights, or pantyhose never bothered me or made me feel strange, but if I'm going out, I will wear tights or pantyhose (or jeans) to hide my unshaven legs. My legs are not so hairy that it shows through normal pantyhose.

I never go anywhere without pantyhose. I even wear a nude shade under my Capri's.
    It's almost like going out without fixing my lipstick.

Not really I've often haad dresses on without leg covering and when it's hot weather it feels good.
    Angie

I have a couple of thigh-high stockings (both stay-ups and garter) which I have only worn around the house because while wearing a skirt or dress, I feel naked without my pantyhose on. I also use the pantyhose for control and hip and butt padding.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I LOVE thigh hi stockings and have dozens of pairs. However, most of my skirts are so short I have to wear panty hose.

I have worn other combinations of clothing only not to feel quite right.

Sometimes it is an outlandish combination and I have to try some other experiment in dressing. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Have not worn pantyhose since the seventies, do wear thigh-hi stockings sometimes, but prefer bare, shaved legs.

great answers, looks like this one just happened to be the odd feeling one for me, as some of the others people brought up never felt different to me. Oh what fun it is to share with others!